User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: I may have just gotten a Costco clerk fired...

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Cashier should not have tapped your card.
    francine1985 likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Don't worry. I doubt she would be fired. To be honest, it is shocking to me how much managements can tolerate in order to protect employees in Canada. (I'm from Florida. People get fired for looking at customers wrong. They would at least be relocated to the back to do unwanted chores.) If she were fired, it is likely because it was repeated offences. It cost the company money to train people, they would weight the pros and cons before making her redundant. It's rarely a one-incident thing. It wouldn't be on you.

Kudos to the supervisor. He handled it as well as he could. Now that I'm at middle-management level in my company, I feel bad for managers who apologize on behave of terrible staffs. You pretty much spend half your day apologizing if you are doing your job correctly. You have to be responsible for everything on your watch. If staffs can do things properly on their own, there wouldn't be managers.

Back to the cashier. I can hear that what really bothers you is her poor attitude. If she would just apologize, even if she can't reverse it, it wouldn't make you that angry. She should have apologize sincerely and told you your only option is to refund it. It was a mistake, and we can all empathize with it. But her "no biggie" attitude is putting the whole thing on YOU. It was you who was the annoying one making things difficult for HER. argh.

You can't trust people who doesn't take the blame when they deserve it. If I were the manager, I would definitely put her on unwanted chores like inventory. She should not be facing customers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information