• 2 Post By Seephira
  • 1 Post By Seephira
  • 1 Post By Seephira
  • 1 Post By dataiv

Thread: This site makes my computer very laggy

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Since I have joined and kept this page up it makes my computer laggy. The page always has a running symbol on it at the top. As well as makes my videos on youtube skip. Can something be done about this?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    ROMEO and rockco like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

@dataiv fyi
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Bump.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@Seephira
    Clear your browser of all cookies & history.
    Run virus scan and ensure computer is clean.
    Does the problem clear up?

Questions which might help SC with analyzing issue:
    - What browser do you use?
    - What is your operating system?
    - Do you have a virus scanner in the background, and is it possibly limiting your access to SC forum? If so, suggest adding SC forum to your list of accepted sites.

ADDED: I'm just a fellow SC forum member. Passing along these tips to help.
    Last edited by rockco; Mon, Sep 18th, 2017 at 10:31 AM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

@rockco i will do that but i don't think it will help. it only happens when this page is up and if i close it it's fine again. no lag

i use google chrome. window's 10. i don't have a virus scanner in the back ground.
    rockco likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I would also try the latest versions of different browsers. This site supports Firefox, Opera, Explorer and of course, Chrome. It's the usual, process of elimination.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@dataiv is the kickstart still happening daily? Just checking as the above user is reporting an issue.

I'm not having any issues at all since the procedure was implemented. I did a mass table data update on Sept 17th and all is well with my User iD. From my observations, the forum seems to be responding well and super fast. SC Users who previously used to attach incomplete images, have consistently been able to attach complete images with no issues, up to and including this past weekend.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

oops sorry misread.
    rockco likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes rockco the daily restart of the service that was giving trouble is still happening. I have seen nothing in the logs to indicate any issue but will check a bit further.

Seephira, no one else seems to have a lag issue which certainly is odd. Can you try with another browser just to see if you behaves any differently? I can use Chrome, Firefox, Safari all without any trouble but certainly we'd like to fix your trouble if it can be fixed. Ideally I need to be able to reproduce it. Is it always? On any page? Doing something in particular? If Chrome gets laggy, right click and click on Inspect, then see if anything in the inspection tool in Chrome would help you to identify what is going on.
    rockco likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by dataiv View Post
    Yes rockco the daily restart of the service that was giving trouble is still happening. I have seen nothing in the logs to indicate any issue but will check a bit further.

Seephira, no one else seems to have a lag issue which certainly is odd. Can you try with another browser just to see if you behaves any differently? I can use Chrome, Firefox, Safari all without any trouble but certainly we'd like to fix your trouble if it can be fixed. Ideally I need to be able to reproduce it. Is it always? On any page? Doing something in particular? If Chrome gets laggy, right click and click on Inspect, then see if anything in the inspection tool in Chrome would help you to identify what is going on.
    Use Internet Explorer LOL

Thread Information