User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Halifaxgirl

Thread: Bad Service at Bulk Barn Bayers Lake

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    73 (94%)

So we were at the Bulk Barn in Bayers Lake this morning and my seven year old daughter saw a sign posted on the way in that said Wednesdays they offer a 10% discount to Seniors and Students (not valid on gift cards). So when she went in the manager was there and Emily asked her if she could use her discount there, she said "no, it's just university students" so I pointed out that she always gets the discount in Bedford.... She looked at me with a nasty look and said "i'll call them right now" and took a phone off her hip. Once she asked them I heard her say "Why do you do that?, it's only for university students" If you do it then I guess I will have to as well." She looked at us and told us to go ahead. My daughter was going to buy my christmas present of some expensive gluten free items. Then she came down the isle asking loudly, "Does she use a student ID when she gets a discount there?" as she was still on the phone with them. Now i'm embarrassed that she spent about 7 minutes on the phone arguing with another store about this silly discount that I could care less and was going to leave. She then told my daughter she would NOT honor the discount and looked at me and said, "If I give it to you then I might as well give it to every family that comes in with children because they would be students too." I replied with...It's not my sign! So I left and took a picture of the sign, not a word in fine print looking for an ID to get the discount. I called head office, lets see if they reply today.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    This thread is currently associated with: Bulk Barn, Guess
    Last edited by Halifaxgirl; Wed, Dec 21st, 2011 at 12:28 PM.

Banned
    Trading Score
    7 (89%)

You are right, it does not say anything on the sign about a school identification card. That is fasle advertising on their part and she didn't seem very professional as a manager to be on the phone in the middle of the store dealing with the situation. Good for you for sticking up for what is right. They do have the best selection of Gluten Free items. My friend has Celiac Disease and it's hard to prepare food for her.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

Good for her...
    There is no need for a manager to act like that. It's just rude. Amd the sign didnt' mention id's to be produce at the cash

Banned
    Trading Score
    7 (89%)

Last edited by nova_scotia_couponer; Wed, Dec 21st, 2011 at 10:30 PM. Reason: This was posted by mistake.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

have to agree the manager didn't handle it very well as far as your dd was concerned. however the only 'loophole' i can see them using is the ages of examples of 'seniors' and 'students'.. they should have an * after students to verify the age they are referring to.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nova_scotia_couponer View Post
    I got a call back, it went to the VP of the company. I guess there is a little sign posted in the store at the cash saying to present your ID but I commented that they advertise to come in for a discount, you pick out your items and then told you don't qualify. They are changing their signs to all say that but in the meantime my daughter is being mailed a gift card for being treated like that by THE STORE OWNER!!! Of all people I am really not impressed that the OWNER treated us that way. grrrrrr.
    You got a call back? Halifaxgirl is the one who posted the OP complaint here. If I am reading this right, multiple accounts are not allowed.
    Last edited by AmberLab; Wed, Dec 21st, 2011 at 08:54 PM.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    73 (94%)

I got a call back but I was at nova scotia couponer's house dropping off coupons that expire next week and didn't see that she didn't log out. I only have one account.
    grannyg likes this.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AmberLab View Post
    You got a call back? Halifaxgirl is the one who posted the OP complaint here. If I am reading this right, multiple accounts are not allowed.
    Talk about busting yourself. I got some pms about this and have taken care of the situation. I bcc'ed you Amberlab.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    73 (94%)

If you'd like me to inbox you her address do you can see we are different people I can do that for you. I was just updating the thread from her computer but I guess people aren't allowed to be friends on here....

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't understand what is wrong with two accounts. I only have one account as I am the only person couponing in house. I don't see any harm or advantage if someone were to have a second account. Maybe I am missing something :S

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have had issues with the Bulk Barn in Bridgewater.....I try to avoid that place unless I really need something there that either I can't anywhere else or just need a small amount of........

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I worked there. I know who you are referring to
    She is not the manager. just an inflated long time employee. I'm sorry for the trouble. I would've given the discount no questions asked.

Thread Information