User Tag List

Page 32 of 199 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 82 132 ... LastLast
Results 466 to 480 of 2974
Like Tree6511Likes

Thread: PC Optimum - SDM and PC Unite Feb.1 2018!!!!

  1. #466
    Senior Canuck
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    ON
    Posts
    881
    Likes Received
    1675
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Cake View Post
    In the past that would have probably worked. I think we need to get feedback from someone who has tried this on this weekend.
    ok so i didn't redeem points to be safe.

    i also finally got a PCO card today. i was worried reading everyone's problems bc i had already linked all my cards via the app. but it was seamless! i went to CS, handed them my PC Plus, scanned here and there and got the new physical card no problem.

    very happy with this merger as i now have over $200 for groceries.

  2. #467
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,374
    Likes Received
    1608
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Scottishgal View Post
    I went to Shoppers today to pick up my new card and was told that their computers had crashed. The cashier told me to come back in a few days. I said, ' Sure no problem. I guess as with any thing new their are always glitches " She thanked me for being so polite and understanding. Another customer earlier had been screaming at her she said. its not the cashiers fault. Good grief. Lol.
    I totally agree, I have heard people rant at cashiers and it just isn't fair. I read in a news report that they have had 5 million people trying to access the software at the same time and that is just clients, not even stores and their call centers .... no wonder it crashed, that is a massive number. I have tried to get concert ticks and systems have rolled with only 10,000 trying to get tickets.

    They are the two largest reward cards in the country merging. I think it would have been naive not to expect some teething problems. I am just hanging on to my receipts and writing on the back what I think is missing (and taking screenshots of the offers), if it isn't sorted in a couple of weeks I will call about it
    For every friend who opens a Tangerine Account with a $100 deposit using ORANGE KEY:44683723S1 www.tangerine.ca we both get $50!
    Get Swagbucks for doing surveys, searching etc ... redeem points for GCs. If you join, please use my referral link http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/colsgirl.

  3. #468
    Canadian Guru Midnightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    12,366
    Likes Received
    6365
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by a2lloyd View Post
    For those of you who haven't switched over here are some pointers to make this a painless transition.

    If you have SDM Optimum and PC Plus cards, go to shoppers to get your new PC Optimum card period. They will ask to scan your old card optimum. The SDM POS will ask a few questions. As a result, Your SDM points will be transferred to your brand new PC Optimum card. My SDM had boxes and boxes of the new cards. When you get home, use a desktop computer to create your new account on the PC Optimum website. When you created your new account, you will get a screen that asks if you got a new card, click yes and fill out the card number. At this point you should see your offers and converted points. You will have the option of adding more cards to your account. At this point find your PC Plus card and enter either the account info or card number. After completing that step you should have both your Optimum and PC Plus points merged into a PC Optimum card!

    Both the Android and iPhone apps have been updated a couple of times since launching last week. Which is why I recommend using a desktop computer where you can merge your cards using the website.

    I can't wait to see what offers I get this upcoming week!
    that's what i plan on doing.. was waiting until the chaos dies down, they work out the few bugs what i knew they would have while rolling out the program then go in and switch over
    barbis9, a2lloyd and Anna Michele like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

  4. #469
    Canadian Genius
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    8,508
    Likes Received
    21306
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by a2lloyd View Post
    For those of you who haven't switched over here are some pointers to make this a painless transition.

    If you have SDM Optimum and PC Plus cards, go to shoppers to get your new PC Optimum card period. They will ask to scan your old card optimum. The SDM POS will ask a few questions. As a result, Your SDM points will be transferred to your brand new PC Optimum card. My SDM had boxes and boxes of the new cards. When you get home, use a desktop computer to create your new account on the PC Optimum website. When you created your new account, you will get a screen that asks if you got a new card, click yes and fill out the card number. At this point you should see your offers and converted points. You will have the option of adding more cards to your account. At this point find your PC Plus card and enter either the account info or card number. After completing that step you should have both your Optimum and PC Plus points merged into a PC Optimum card!

    Both the Android and iPhone apps have been updated a couple of times since launching last week. Which is why I recommend using a desktop computer where you can merge your cards using the website.

    I can't wait to see what offers I get this upcoming week!
    Thatís exactly what I did . But still my Points does not show up on their website still is a zero and both cards were merge in stores I will be patient till the end of the week because my shoppers receipt show my points balance yesterday when I swap my card

  5. #470
    Smart Canuck Ladybug2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,993
    Likes Received
    3880
    Trading Score
    195 (100%)




    Yesterday I successfully linked both my PCPlus card and my Optimum card and I was able to see offers for both. Today when I sign in I'm not seeing the offers that were exclusive to Shoppers and it is not showing my Optimum card as being linked. I tried relinking my Optimum but when I click on the link in the email it tells me that someone has already linked that card.
    Last edited by Ladybug2011; Mon, Feb 5th, 2018 at 08:50 AM.
    barbis9 likes this.

  6. #471
    Junior Canuck
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Kitchener, ON
    Posts
    519
    Likes Received
    1173
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    Edit: deleted off-topic post
    Last edited by Pointsman; Tue, Feb 6th, 2018 at 08:45 AM.

  7. #472
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    NotFarEnoughNorth
    Posts
    3,106
    Likes Received
    9503
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)




    For those of you that have a pc financial card and set up you pcoptimum account completely online and have now decided you would like a optimum card as well (my wife used to carry a pc financial card the was already linked to mine so she could use it to grab a deal that I had on my card but not on her pcpoint account but now they are not linked and they have no idea how to do it) you can go into the store and just ask them for a card. I did not let them swipe anything. They asked me what I am doing with it and told them I am just going to add the card number to my existing account and told me it would not work. I just clicked the ad a pcoptimum card and filled in the card info and now it says they are linked. Now she can carry that card (and its nice to have a card in case I loose my wallet) until they figure out now to link the financial card (I did try clicking add another financial card but all I got was errors)
    Super Mel and GoodBoy like this.

  8. #473
    Canadian Genius
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    8,508
    Likes Received
    21306
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Ladybug2011 View Post
    Yesterday I successfully linked both my PCPlus card and my Optimum card and I was able to see offers for both. Today when I sign in I'm not seeing the offers that were exclusive to Shoppers and it is not showing my Optimum card as being linked. I tried relinking my Optimum but when I click on the link in the email it tells me that someone has already linked that card.
    I have been having the same issues since Feb2/18 and cannot even see my blunts balance on the screen. I can only see my PC Plucs offfers and not shoppers. @Ladybug2011 . Was at RCSStosay and my balance was on the receipt
    barbis9 likes this.

  9. #474
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,548
    Likes Received
    2392
    Trading Score
    50 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Yesterday I was finally able to transfer my Optimum points over to the new program. Iím glad that it worked because there arenít any SDM stores in my community.

    With the new PC Optimum program, do we earn points per dollar spent at stores like No Frills? Or just from personal points offers and special in store points offers?
    Just from personal point offers and in-store bonuses. This has not changed, unfortunately,
    barbis9 likes this.

  10. #475
    CaLoonie
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    163
    Likes Received
    500
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)



    Quote Originally Posted by katie333 View Post
    Anyone else have this issue ...?

    My husband and I have a joint World Elite Mastercard account that was (of course) formerly linked to our PC Plus account. These cards are the same account, not two different credit lines. I've linked up my Optimum, this MC and my old PC Plus account together, using my account number for the Mastercard because I was the primary borrower and my husband's is really a supplemental card. In fact, when I tried to enter my husband's MC account number (same account but they do have different numbers on each card), the PC Optimum website gave me an error message saying the account was already linked.

    I loaded my PC Optimum offers and off we went to Real Canadian Superstore. My husband used his card and not only did it not recognize the communal points in the PC Optimum account, but it also didn't read any of the loaded offers including the 6K WUS $20 on Pepsi promo. We had planned to redeem and we couldn't, we wanted the offer and we didn't get it. I've sent in a points enquiry which I am sure they get to in about a week or so. My husband does most of our shopping with his card. I don't want to have to points enquiry every time he uses it.

    Anyone else experience this?
    @katie333 My husband and I were in the same situation. They have complicated the process to link the Primary and secondary Mastercards with their new system. Now that you have done your primary card, your husband will have to create his own PC Optimum account with the info/number on his secondary MC. Once he is done, go into your PCO account with the primary Mastercard, and click Household. You will have to "invite" him to join your household. Once he has accepted your invitation you will both have access to the points and offers like it was with the old system. Hope this helps!
    MrsD and Thatdone like this.

  11. #476
    Easy Glider GoodBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Posts
    3,345
    Likes Received
    10212
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Anna Michele View Post
    ...
    Anna Michele ... There are now two threads on the new PC Optimum program - hard to track which to which - any chance of having just one? Thanks
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Mon, Feb 5th, 2018 at 09:52 AM.
    Anna Michele likes this.

  12. #477
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4,752
    Likes Received
    5569
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Pointsman View Post
    If the order is, say $53 and change, I might grab a $50 LCBO GC, and redeem 50,000 pts.
    I don't understand this. You're saying that your OOP is $53.xx? If I'm going to redeem points, I expect to pay less than $10 OOP. Am I missing something?

  13. #478
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,374
    Likes Received
    1608
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Pointsman View Post
    why not use em for 3rd party Gift Cards? That's what I've been doing and will do with my 400,000+ PCO points.

    ok, I know you can't just waltz in and grab a mitfull of GCs, and tell the cashier you're going to redeem your points to pay for them, ever since they outlawed that practice months ago, due to some apparent fraudulent behavior.

    Now I simply pick one or more GCs up, when I do my regular shopping for groceries, Joe Fresh, health n beauty, etc.
    If the order is, say $53 and change, I might grab a $50 LCBO GC, and redeem 50,000 pts.
    If order is $27, I could grab a $25 Marks, or Golf Town GC, and redeem 20,000pts.
    Next time, if order is $31.95 for example, I might grab a different $25 GC and redeem 30.000pts.
    So it all kind of balances out.

    Helpful Hint: Get the cashier to do a subtotal before GCs get scanned, to be sure your order total exceeds, even by one cent, the GC(s) total you want. If its not, get a different one with lesser $ value, and redeem only enough pts to cover the GC value.
    You'll feel really good about how you outsmarted the NO GIFT CARDS Policy; I know I do.
    This is what I do! You are essentially paying for the gift card and getting the groceries for free (but hey, we were buying the groceries anyway!)
    Tweets77 and barbis9 like this.
    For every friend who opens a Tangerine Account with a $100 deposit using ORANGE KEY:44683723S1 www.tangerine.ca we both get $50!
    Get Swagbucks for doing surveys, searching etc ... redeem points for GCs. If you join, please use my referral link http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/colsgirl.

  14. #479
    Smart Canuck Arjon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Greater Toronto area
    Posts
    1,348
    Likes Received
    2834
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Pointsman View Post
    why not use em for 3rd party Gift Cards? That's what I've been doing and will do with my 400,000+ PCO points.

    ok, I know you can't just waltz in and grab a mitfull of GCs, and tell the cashier you're going to redeem your points to pay for them, ever since they outlawed that practice months ago, due to some apparent fraudulent behavior.

    Now I simply pick one or more GCs up, when I do my regular shopping for groceries, Joe Fresh, health n beauty, etc.
    If the order is, say $53 and change, I might grab a $50 LCBO GC, and redeem 50,000 pts.
    If order is $27, I could grab a $25 Marks, or Golf Town GC, and redeem 20,000pts.
    Next time, if order is $31.95 for example, I might grab a different $25 GC and redeem 30.000pts.
    So it all kind of balances out.

    Helpful Hint: Get the cashier to do a subtotal before GCs get scanned, to be sure your order total exceeds, even by one cent, the GC(s) total you want. If its not, get a different one with lesser $ value, and redeem only enough pts to cover the GC value.
    You'll feel really good about how you outsmarted the NO GIFT CARDS Policy; I know I do.
    You're only out-smarting yourself. The system redeems the 50k points against the $53 of groceries, not the $50 in GCs. Telling yourself you paid the $53 and got the GCs for free doesn't make it so.
    uanoor, Silk, hcao and 6 others like this.

  15. #480
    Smart Canuck uanoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Markham
    Posts
    1,615
    Likes Received
    1736
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)




    Did any one try? Pepsi products 6000/$20 points offer worked with shoppers 20X, 10X point offers. And also did any one try FPC and they worked in new system to count for threshhold value for points? Thanks
    Need a cheap but still reliable phone plan. Try Public Mobile. Plans starting from $15 ($13 with auto payment).
    Use code R8NLM8 or link when activate with Public Mobile and we both will get $10 bonus.
    Win some extra cash or gift cards. Try Swagbucks... ww.swagbucks.com/refer/uanoor

Page 32 of 199 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 82 132 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 10 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 10 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •