User Tag List

Page 69 of 233 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 119 169 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 3494
Like Tree7609Likes

Thread: PC Optimum - SDM and PC Unite Feb.1 2018!!!!

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

My greyed out offers have now become active - saved me a call to OPC cs.

A question - I have a 10,000 pts wus $40 offer for SDM. Would that work if I redeem for $40? I'm assuming not but want to double-check

And just out of curiosity - would that kind of offer work at Loblaws if I got one that was good there? (the current offer I mentioned above is only for SDM).
    barbis9 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by renegado View Post
    3,000 points when you spend $20 = $3 back.
    Under the old (good old) Optimum program, a digital coupon for 4,000 points when you spend $20 could be worth around $8.

7,500 points when you spend $75 = $7.50 back.
    Under old Optimum, 18500 points when you spend $75 could be worth around $38. $38 is 400% more than $7.50.

Have prices at Shoppers Drug Mart been reduced proportionately, so that shopping with PCO is a similar value (cost/return) proposition to what shopping with old Optimum offers used to be? I haven't noticed any change.
    Under the old system 8000 points was $10 at Shoppers, so 4000 would have been $5.
    barbis9 and torontogal12 like this.
    Built Bars 15% off sitewide, free shipping when you spend $25. User the code LOUISE2020 to get another 10%

PC Insiders please use my code LR1507 you get $25 and I get $10 in points

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I calculated my optimum points like that as well in the past.... At higher redemption levels.. I would never redeem at the $10 level

Quote Originally Posted by Colsgirl View Post
    Under the old system 8000 points was $10 at Shoppers, so 4000 would have been $5.
    barbis9 likes this.

Dealigator
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Under the old system , 4000 points was nothing. But you could bank your points until a Spend Your Points event, when 50,000 points got you $100 worth of shopping, or $85 and 12000 points back. In that case, every 4000 of those 50,000 points was worth $8 or more.
    Silk, barbis9, nalaric and 1 others like this.
    Abuse coupons, not people!

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    A question - I have a 10,000 pts wus $40 offer for SDM. Would that work if I redeem for $40? I'm assuming not but want to double-check

And just out of curiosity - would that kind of offer work at Loblaws if I got one that was good there? (the current offer I mentioned above is only for SDM).
    Can anyone weigh in on this? Thanks
    barbis9 likes this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Can anyone weigh in on this? Thanks
    I'm unaware of any change from before, so my understanding atm is that at SDM, points are given on the post-redemption purchase amount before tax. So to redeem $40 and also collect the 10k, you'd need to spend at least $80 before tax.

Otoh, afaik at Loblaws, points are given based on the pre-redemption purchase amount. It has been said that to redeem 40k, you would need to have that many or more already before you get the 10k for the purchase. So you can spend $40, redeem 40k and receive 10k if you had at least 40k already.
    barbis9 and Anna Michele like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    I'm unaware of any change from before, so my understanding atm is that at SDM, points are given on the post-redemption purchase amount before tax. So to redeem $40 and also collect the 10k, you'd need to spend at least $80 before tax.

Otoh, afaik at Loblaws, points are given based on the pre-redemption purchase amount. It has been said that to redeem 40k, you would need to have that many or more already before you get the 10k for the purchase. So you can spend $40, redeem 40k and receive 10k if you had at least 40k already.
    Ok, I get what you said about Sdm - was what I thought. But confused what you said about Loblaws. I wouldn't be asking if I didn't have 40,000 pts to redeem so not sure what you're saying.

My question is - if I have that offer - 10k wus $40 - and I redeem 40,000 pts to cover my $40 purchase, will I earn the 10,000 pts at Loblaws?
    barbis9 likes this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by curt81 View Post
    I haven't received any offers exclusive to Shoppers since the first two weeks of the merger and haven't received any offers like spend this amount and receive certain amount of points. I have 20 offers this week and all are for buy a certain item and receive x amount of points.
    i haven't had any shoppers specific offers since the very very first week (generic offers that i think everyone got)

i also still haven't gotten a milk offer.. i think i'm going to give up buying milk at shoppers (one less trip elsewhere since i can pick it up at another more convenient store) and hopefully it will change
    Silk and barbis9 like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    i haven't had any shoppers specific offers since the very very first week (generic offers that i think everyone got)

i also still haven't gotten a milk offer.. i think i'm going to give up buying milk at shoppers (one less trip elsewhere since i can pick it up at another more convenient store) and hopefully it will change
    Hopefully that will change and you'll get Milk offers soon. I got them regularly under the previous Shoppers Optimum, but then nothing ... that is, until last week. I used it, and got it again yesterday, so they obviously know that offer gets me in an SDM store by discounting my milk by around 28%
    barbis9 likes this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Pointsman View Post
    Hopefully that will change and you'll get Milk offers soon. I got them regularly under the previous Shoppers Optimum, but then nothing ... that is, until last week. I used it, and got it again yesterday, so they obviously know that offer gets me in an SDM store by discounting my milk by around 28%
    i got the milk offer pretty much steady for over a year.. and every week no fail i would go buy my milk with the milk offer.. (heck it's where a good chunk of my points came from) and when i heard about the switch over months ago i will say i was weary of it.. i had this feeling that offers would change and i would loose my milk offer.. and it seems that is the case for me

now if they send me the milk offer i'll use it no fail but we're in week 4? and still no milk offer when i buy milk twice a week, and still no shoppers specific offer..when i have ONLY shopped at shoppers since the change over
    barbis9 likes this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    491 (100%)

I was wondering if anyone knows how to get Shoppers offers? I have not received one shoppers offer since getting the PC card. I originally only had a Shoppers card and no Pc card. Thanks if you can help.

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

My hubby went to zehrs last night, they had an flyer offer of 1000 points for every case of water you buy for 1.99. He bought 5 cases ($10) and had a personal offer of 200 points per $ their water. He got 5000 in points for the 5 cases and another 2000 for the personal offer. Pretty decent!
    Can't say enough good things about Swagbucks & iRazoo ...Click the link to join too

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

My question is - if I have that offer - 10k wus $40 - and I redeem 40,000 pts to cover my $40 purchase, will I earn the 10,000 pts at Loblaws?
    Yes.
    Silk and barbis9 like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Ok, I get what you said about Sdm - was what I thought. But confused what you said about Loblaws. I wouldn't be asking if I didn't have 40,000 pts to redeem so not sure what you're saying.

You should be fine. The exception I referred to is that we can't redeem the points a purchase earns on the same transaction they are being earned. So for example, if you had 35k before the purchase, the system won't count the 10k and let you redeem 40k. Hope this is clearer.
    rayray, Silk and barbis9 like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bargaincoupon View Post
    I was wondering if anyone knows how to get Shoppers offers? I have not received one shoppers offer since getting the PC card. I originally only had a Shoppers card and no Pc card. Thanks if you can help.
    Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be an answer that is sure to work. Some people have said they started to receive SDM offers after buying something there, but others have not had the same result, so YMMV.

It does appear that some accounts have received their first SDM offers this week without taking this action, so it looks like there has been some progress since last week, although the issue clearly hasn't been fully fixed yet.
    Last edited by Arjon; Fri, Mar 2nd, 2018 at 12:31 PM.
    barbis9 and bargaincoupon like this.

Page 69 of 233 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 119 169 ... LastLast

Thread Information