User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: Sat/Sun Jan 13/14 promo - SUPER spend your points event.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I wonder if they are worried that most are waiting to change to PC and will be spent in Grocery stores were you get a better selection.

It is a lot harder for me to redeem Optimum Points vs PC Points. My 2 location SDM are smaller stores, one does not have grocery at all and the other location they inventory seems to be hit and miss not to mention there staff are not very friendly and almost every time I shop there, there is an issue with checking out even when I am not using coupons.
    It does seem likely that they would want to encourage the redemption of OPT points before Feb. 1, largely because SDM has a higher overall margin structure than the grocery chains, even the non-discount ones like Loblaws and Zehrs, due not only to higher prices on the same items but also a product mix that skews toward higher-margin categories like cosmetics. So on average, when people redeem at SDM, the cost of the products they redeem for is likely to be lower than the average product cost when people redeem PC points.

It's very likely there are also other considerations at play; this is just the first one that comes to mind.
    barbis9, Poirot, 4sure5 and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Am happy to see this. I like the higher value of points compared to what I will get if converted to PCO points. Now to see what the flyer will be offering. If good sales, I'm in.
    barbis9 and Anna Michele like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponmummy View Post
    I have 5x95,000 and almost 1x50,000 redemption.
    I will be saving mine for conversion. Then when it gets warmer, find a RCSS near us and see what they have in electronics.
    Then we can buy a big ticket item and use PCO points without out of pocket including tax.
    My thought too!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
    barbis9 and Anna Michele like this.
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Thanks for posting! Don't think I have enough to buy to take advantage of this promo. Although I can do it without dropping my points balance below the highest conversion level, like others here I think I prefer to save it for the new program and spend it on groceries. Mind you, I've noticed the price of some groceries at Loblaw's has gone up considerably. Anyone else finding that?
    Last edited by Silk; Tue, Jan 9th, 2018 at 06:37 PM.
    barbis9 likes this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    Thanks for posting! Don't think I have enough to buy to take advantage of this promo. Although I can do it without dropping my points balance below the highest conversion level, like others here I think I prefer to save it for the new program and spend it on groceries. Mind you, I've noticed the price of some groceries at Loblaw's has gone up considerably. Anyone else finding that?
    It's not necessarily the best idea to get fixed on staying above 95k. If you can redeem for things you actually want that are priced decently, it's actually not that hard to come out ahead by redeeming. For instance, let's say you have 125k. You can convert them into 223,684 PCO pts, or redeem 95k for $210, leaving yourself with 30k, which will convert into 40,909. Obviously, $210 plus $40.91 is more than $223.64.

That's basically my situation. If I redeem 95k, I'll have much less than 95k left. I probably won't redeem, but not because I'm determined to have at least 95k to convert. The thing is... SDM's product mix almost never has anything or any combination of things I want at price points where I'm willing to redeem 95k or even 50k to get them. If there happens to be something this weekend, I'll redeem in a flash. But based on months of not seeing any appealing possibilities, the odds that there will magically be something this weekend seem quite low.
    barbis9 likes this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Flyer is posted meh.a few electronics but I'm all electroniced out after xmas
    Thanks @dtych
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/424738-sdm-jan-13-19-a-canada/#post6856769
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/424738-sdm-jan-13-19-a-canada/
    Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Anna Michele; Tue, Jan 9th, 2018 at 09:40 PM.
    Natalka, Silk, barbis9 and 1 others like this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    It's not necessarily the best idea to get fixed on staying above 95k. If you can redeem for things you actually want that are priced decently, it's actually not that hard to come out ahead by redeeming. For instance, let's say you have 125k. You can convert them into 223,684 PCO pts, or redeem 95k for $210, leaving yourself with 30k, which will convert into 40,909. Obviously, $210 plus $40.91 is more than $223.64.
    That's basically my situation. If I redeem 95k, I'll have much less than 95k left. I probably won't redeem, but not because I'm determined to have at least 95k to convert. The thing is... SDM's product mix almost never has anything or any combination of things I want at price points where I'm willing to redeem 95k or even 50k to get them. If there happens to be something this weekend, I'll redeem in a flash. But based on months of not seeing any appealing possibilities, the odds that there will magically be something this weekend seem quite low.
    Hey, @Arjon - as a long-time SDM customer and member of the optimum program, as well as numerous other loyalty programs, you don't need to explain any of this to me I didn't say anything about being fixated on staying above 95K - I said I prefer to. And if you read my first sentence it states the reason i'm not doing this promotion. Most of us are aware that SDM has higher prices to offset the points program. I just didn't want to take the time to include or explain the obvious in my response. I don't often post brags because it's not really my thing but I do just fine getting deals and making smart shopping decisions
    Last edited by Silk; Wed, Jan 10th, 2018 at 06:59 AM.
    Tweets77 and barbis9 like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I'm hoping that with the conversion, they have fixed all the security issues so we can now buy GCs.
    It states in their terms and conditions that I cannot redeem for milk, alcohol, lottery tickets, and tobacco. What stops me from buying a $50 PC GC and using it to buy my groceries including milk and a lottery ticket?
    I will definitely be buying amazon.ca GCs and check to see if they have Sephora GCs.
    Did anyone buy an amazon.com GC and paid at par? That's something to think about. Redeeming for a $100 amazon.ca GC at swagbucks is 7,500 SB while a $100 amazon.com GC is 10,000.
    Silk and barbis9 like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Hey, @Arjon - as a long-time SDM customer and member of the optimum program, as well as numerous other loyalty programs, you don't need to explain any of this to me I didn't say anything about being fixated on staying above 95K - I said I prefer to. And if you read my first sentence it states the reason i'm not doing this promotion. Most of us are aware that SDM has higher prices to offset the points program. I just didn't want to take the time to include or explain the obvious in my response. I don't often post brags because it's not really my thing but I do just fine getting deals and making smart shopping decisions
    Sorry that you took my comment as being directed specifically at you. I should have worded it differently to be clear that it wasn't addressed to you but rather to anyone, even if it's only a few people who are relatively inexperienced savers, who might have decided against redeeming in order to stay above 95k without adequately considering other alternatives, and to say that depending on their individual situations, redeeming can be the better option.
    barbis9 likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Any word is there is a limit for redemptions? Like only 2 per account?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    barbis9 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Michele View Post
    Wow they really want to get rid of those points don't they.
    We've been begging for this kind of redemption all year

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk
    That's exactly what I am thinking.
    Anna Michele likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Yes I've noticed groceries at Fortinos (owned by loblaws) have gone up. Not sure why but in Ontario it might be related to the minumim wage going up to $14 an hour.
    Silk and Anna Michele like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Yes I've noticed groceries at Fortinos (owned by loblaws) have gone up. Not sure why but in Ontario it might be related to the minumim wage going up to $14 an hour.
    I've noticed it at No Frills in December- jump in prices. We knew it was coming. We just have to keep shopping the sales
    barbis9 likes this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I was all set to head out to do my redemption this morning but all roads out of my community in NB are closed due to flooding. 😣
    barbis9 likes this.

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Well that sucks @gyhcr ! Hopefully you will be safe though.
    barbis9 likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information