User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

This I feel is going to bring up emotions with people, as I already have noticed it has on the thread, so lets discuss it here. Lets have a debate about selling freebies, samples and coupons.

Would you do it? Have you done it?

I'll go first:

I've never sold a freebie sample or coupon. I have though collected freebies over the period of a couple months and given gift baskets made from these freebies to my sisters. So maybe that is just as bad. I don't know. I don't agree with selling freebies, as they are just that something that was meant to be free.

Then again, whose to know in the future like ten years I may be cleaning out a closet and find a purse I never used, which was a free with purchase deal, and sell it at a yard sale. Does that make it different then selling a coupon?

I think the problem with the coupon selling is that there is no guarantee that the other person will be able to cash in that coupon.

I don't know, personally I don't think freebies should be sold, but that is my opinion.

Thoughts.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I think if it's a freebie then no way would I sell something I got for free. Giving freebies away (like in a gift basket is a great idea) Trading freebies and coupons is a far better thing than selling them.

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

I think what burns people (along with the selling of freebies) is when they offer something (ie: FPC for a company that was a limited time offer), then a couple weeks later you see some people on the trading list with 5 or 6 etc., when it was only supposed to be 1 per house!
    Can't say enough good things about Swagbucks & iRazoo ...Click the link to join too

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ex0ticb3lla View Post
    I think what burns people (along with the selling of freebies) is when they offer something (ie: FPC for a company that was a limited time offer), then a couple weeks later you see some people on the trading list with 5 or 6 etc., when it was only supposed to be 1 per house!
    Probably why I haven't gotten any save.ca coupons in quite awhile

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

Ya i've noticed the save.ca aren't coming as fast anymore ...hmmm
    Can't say enough good things about Swagbucks & iRazoo ...Click the link to join too

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I really don't think its fair to sell a coupon or a sample you ordered off the internet, thats not what it was ment for, it was ment to be free!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by ex0ticb3lla View Post
    Ya i've noticed the save.ca aren't coming as fast anymore ...hmmm

I've also noticed, and sometimes don't get what you requested.
    Maybe this is another good thing thats slowly coming to an end

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I think ebaying for say the body shop coupon is absolutely disgusting and the people doing it have no respect, no matter there reasoning.

With that being said, if someone spends a lot of time clipping coupons and offers them online very cheap I dont have a problem with it.

I dont think its fair to ''scam'' the system and get tons of good fpc's then try to make a profit at him.

I am pretty upset by the stealing of the body shop coupon for monetary gain on ebay, Im sure once Boo is informed of this that person will not be welcome back to our board, ever again.

Someone should buy one and leave her a neg stating its a fraudulent coupon to warn other buyers, hehe sellers cant leave neg anymore so she cant,but at least it would warn people. Heck ill even pp you the 1.00 to do it....
    Ok that was my evilness for the night.
    Last edited by Sally888; Thu, Aug 28th, 2008 at 09:31 PM.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    I think ebaying for say the body shop coupon is absolutely disgusting and the people doing it have no respect, no matter there reasoning.

With that being said, if someone spends a lot of time clipping coupons and offers them online very cheap I dont have a problem with it.

I dont think its fair to ''scam'' the system and get tons of good fpc's then try to make a profit at him.

I am pretty upset by the stealing of the body shop coupon for monetary gain on ebay, Im sure once Boo is informed of this that person will not be welcome back to our board, ever again.

Someone should buy one and leave her a neg stating its a fraudulent coupon to warn other buyers, hehe sellers cant leave neg anymore so she cant,but at least it would warn people. Heck ill even pp you the 1.00 to do it....
    Ok that was my evilness for the night.
    I like your evil side

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

profit of them, not profit of him haha can u tell I was busy with the kids

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

well selling of a contest win or a great freebie that you got somehow and couldnt use -- I don't mind so much.. Trading is almost the same --- since we profit from a coupon we don't want or need by trading it for something we can use.. I can't understand the monetary gain though -- when i get something for free that i dont need I never think i should sell it to friends and family, but give it to them as a present or just randomly.. The online coupon issue is that it ruins it for everyone.. This was not someone selling for $$ their own personal stash of FPCs -- this was selling an online coupon that was sent to others who actually went in to a store and took the time to fill out a card and sign up.. this coupon had the option to send to others as well, so there was no reason why all of us couldnt have *kept it on the down low* and been able to benefit from it.. well except for greedy mcebay over here..

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Selling wins, I have no problem with that....selling freebies, well....I wouldn't personally do it, BUT if someone is willing to pay???

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

im not sure what everyone is talking about about this ebay thing... i havent really been updated with SC for a little while now (been really busy)..

i could be very wrong, but its not really nice to talk bad about people.. even if they are doing something bad.

Then again, i really have no idea whats going on so... dont take what i said too personal

Please take a second to follow my brand new blog:
    Belinda's Babblings

I've been away for quite some time so I apologize if I repost a contest by accident! Feel free to message me and let me know if I've done this and I'll delete it : )

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Thing is though the bodyshop coupons on ebay constitute fraud, esp if the body shop is not accepting them at many locations anymore...

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

EG, I just found out about it and im pretty put out by it.

I dont know if its a long standing member of SC, or someone who just took the coupon, but selling 100 of them for profit on ebay isnt very fair, esp coming on here to post about it.

Whoever it is im just not very impressed.

So long story short I have no idea who it is so im just talking more in general, not signling out one specifc person by any means, as the person only created an account to say hey im the ebay person.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information