User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bodyshop 10

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    Hello,
    I am the one who has the ad on ebay. Just so you know I'm not charging people for the coupon, but for my time and effort to find it and send it to them. This is not illegal, if anything the person who originally posted the pdf of the coupon is the one who broke the law. Also I fail to see what is wrong with doing this, I have just finished grad school, have an entry level office job that pays peanuts and a $50,000.00 student loan to pay off, so excuse me if I try and make a few dollars everywhere I can! Perhaps people shouldn't be so quick to judge. This isn't the first time I've done this with coupons posted on freebie sites, and it won't be the last. Please stop complaining about how 'out of hand' it is, most of you are probably just jealous that you didn't think of it first.
    Thanks!
    I'm sorry that your situation in life is so sad that you need to charge ppl for your "time" to send out a free coupon. Perhaps you should invest your valuable time into something that makes real money not scamming ppl for a dollar.

Check out my coupon list, updated as of

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I think this may be a good topic for the discussion forum: selling freebies- should it or shouldn't it be done.

I will say this abc123. I am not jealous of you, so please don't make such general accusations. I personally think the selling of a free item eventually causes companies to stop making the free product.

I also have an entry level job while I am in grad school. I work for minimum wage for goodness sake, and live in a tiny one bedroom apartment. My current student loan is over 65,000. So I can understand that its difficult. I think the issue is that with more people selling free products, it means there are less samples and less freebies.

I've never had an urge to sell freebies or get freebies that I have never wanted or wouldn't use. But that is just me, one person's opinion. I don't know your situation or anything about you, outside of your msgs on the forum.

Please don't take it that people were attacking you as a person. It was the action people took offense to, of selling.

Anyways guys and gals I am starting a discussion on the debate part of the forum.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hello,
    I am the one who has the ad on ebay. Just so you know I'm not charging people for the coupon, but for my time and effort to find it and send it to them. This is not illegal, if anything the person who originally posted the pdf of the coupon is the one who broke the law. Also I fail to see what is wrong with doing this, I have just finished grad school, have an entry level office job that pays peanuts and a $50,000.00 student loan to pay off, so excuse me if I try and make a few dollars everywhere I can! Perhaps people shouldn't be so quick to judge. This isn't the first time I've done this with coupons posted on freebie sites, and it won't be the last. Please stop complaining about how 'out of hand' it is, most of you are probably just jealous that you didn't think of it first.
    Thanks!
    For your information, it is illegal and also unethical.
    Here is just one site on the internet about the illegality of "selling" free coupons.
    http://forums.dealofday.com/stuff-sa...e-coupons.html
    In addition, selling free coupons in this way ruins it for others who received the coupons legitimately.
    Also, alot of us on here have limited incomes and that is why we use a site like this--some just like cheap deals but a lot of us are low-income people but that does not excuse doing illegal/unethical things to make/save money.
    Also, you claim that you are "amused" by this and that you are going to keep doing this in the future, well it is the reason why jails are made for people like you--who have no respect for the law.
    Last edited by cindylou4; Thu, Aug 28th, 2008 at 08:18 PM.

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

I do notice that you have a contribution level of NIL towards this site, yet seem to have many theories and experience taking advantage of the actual finds of other people.. Spare us all your hard luck story, you're in the wrong neighbourhood if what you're looking for is sympathy.

As for my complaint about how *out of hand* it is, your rant about student loans and being a wage slave only further proves my point. There was a process to have the coupon e-mailed, not sold on ebay by the likes of you. It is clearly people like who who ruin it for the rest of us **you know, the ones who actually FIND these coupons and freebies regularly*

Hello,
    Thanks!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Anijac1412 View Post
    I have an account with ebay. I can report one of them thats listed... If someone can just help me out with what category it should be listed under?

- Counterfeits and Copyright violations
    - Prohibitted (banned) items
    - Listing policy violation (inproper keywords, outside links, etc)
    - stolen property
    This should be reported to ebay. I am not sure what category to be listed under because I don't use ebay, but it should be reported. It is noble of you to do so.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sanrio View Post
    The Body Shop $10 Coupon for $10 Purchase - $4 (East Brunswick)

http://cnj.craigslist.org/for/814379463.html
    >>> I can't believe this. I found this too. This coupon is everywhere now. I guess more and more Body Shop will not honor or we will have a hard time using this coupon.
    I reported this one, and I hope others do the same--this person is charging $4? Come on.
    Plus it is illegal/unethical to do so.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cindylou4 View Post
    Why doesn't someone who use ebay report this listing to ebay then? They should report it because it is against the rules/law to sell something that is normally given away for free.
    This person has now changed the link of her ebay auction to
    http://cgi.ebay.ca/10-Body-Shop-GIFT...QQcmdZViewItem

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Smart Canucks has absolutely no responsibility or endorsed her doing this, with that being said you are breaking ebay policy and the law.

This will be removed and put to expired. Please keep your illegal activities to yourself. Thanks.

Please report to ebay as counterfeit or fraudulent listing, hit back button and report 3-4 times to get there attention.

The only way coupons can be sold on ebay is if you are ''selling your time clipping them''

Not going on a freebie site and stealing a legit thing and turning around to make profit. You cant sell your time for an electronic coupon, nice try though....

Im pretty disgusted, maybe she did this with danone too.
    Last edited by Sally888; Thu, Aug 28th, 2008 at 08:52 PM.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I wonder if anyone will actually try to buy it...ugg.

Thanks for moving the thread to expired.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow. She has 98 of them available.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/10-Body-Shop-GIFT...QQcmdZViewItem

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    Smart Canucks has absolutely no responsibility or endorsed her doing this, with that being said you are breaking ebay policy and the law.

This will be removed and put to expired. Please keep your illegal activities to yourself. Thanks.

Please report to ebay as counterfeit or fraudulent listing, hit back button and report 3-4 times to get there attention.

The only way coupons can be sold on ebay is if you are ''selling your time clipping them''

Not going on a freebie site and stealing a legit thing and turning around to make profit. You cant sell your time for an electronic coupon, nice try though....

Im pretty disgusted, maybe she did this with danone too.
    Actually any selling of coupons, even using the terms of time spent, is illegal.
    "Some words of warning on buying or selling coupons. The brands position is this is illegal. Take a look at the fine print on just about any grocery coupon you have. You’ll see language similar to this:
    “Void if altered, copied, sold, purchased, tranferred, exchanged…”
    If you choose to buy, beware of offers that “seem too good to be true”. They probably are. There are a surprisingly large number of coupon scam artists out there making up fake coupons.
    eBay has closed down the sale of grocery coupons (except for “collectables”) because of the fraud."

homeofhappycats
    You've just finished grad school and you don't know the difference between envious and jealous?
    And what you thanking us for?

Originally Posted by abc123
    Hello,
    Thanks!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by homeofhappycats View Post
    You've just finished grad school and you don't know the difference between envious and jealous?
    And what you thanking us for?

Originally Posted by abc123
    Hello,
    Thanks!
    I agree, plus you would think a person who just finished grad school would have more sense than to do something illegal and then boast about it and say they were going to come back to this freebie site and do it again.
    That takes a lot of gall.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Freebie_expert View Post
    I agree, plus you would think a person who just finished grad school would have more sense than to do something illegal and then boast about it and say they were going to come back to this freebie site and do it again.
    That takes a lot of gall.
    Next line- I don't make much $$ so I robbed the bank. Don't be jealous!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information