• 3 Post By Miss Molly
  • 1 Post By Cata
  • 4 Post By olivercat
  • 1 Post By lotsasavings

Thread: Air Miles deals for October/2018

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

https://offerhub.airmiles.ca/en/home?reg=

Bonus air miles at a number of places and with more to follow. So far I am looking at Global Pet Foods and Sobey's. From October 4-7, buy a Sobey's gift card for $150 and get 150 air miles. Now the confusing part:

Offer valid October 4 to October 7, 2018. Valid at all participating Sobeys locations in Ontario. Minimum qualified purchase must be spent in a single transaction. Coupon must be presented at the time of eligible purchase. AIR MILES Card must be presented at time of purchase. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Limit of 4 bonus offers per Collector Number. ®TM Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by LoyaltyOne, Co. and Sobeys.

There is no coupon. With the other offer it says to put it in the print queue. So where are we supposed to get this coupon?
    This thread is currently associated with: Air Miles, Global Pet Foods, Sobeys
    walkonby, Lavender Lady and dededi like this.

My Tangerine Key is:39626323S1

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I saved offer to my offers and then emailed myself the offer. Opened email and there’s a link that lets you print the coupon.
    dededi likes this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I have a similar offer for Foodland, but when you print the coupon, it does not have any bar code or any spot that would identify your airmiles number. I am wondering how this will work.
    On a similar note: Airmiles is also offering 100 airmiles when you buy $100 worth of grocerys at Foodland. So, if you are planning a big purchase --turkey day is approaching--and you have these coupons, first, buy the $150 gift card to get your 150 points. Then use your gift card to buy at least $100 worth of food to get an additional 100 Airmiles.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by olivercat View Post
    I have a similar offer for Foodland, but when you print the coupon, it does not have any bar code or any spot that would identify your airmiles number. I am wondering how this will work.
    On a similar note: Airmiles is also offering 100 airmiles when you buy $100 worth of grocerys at Foodland. So, if you are planning a big purchase --turkey day is approaching--and you have these coupons, first, buy the $150 gift card to get your 150 points. Then use your gift card to buy at least $100 worth of food to get an additional 100 Airmiles.
    when is the spend 100 get 100 airmiles happening at foodland....
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    when is the spend 100 get 100 airmiles happening at foodland....
    My coupon says October 4 to October 8

update: just recieved an email and the dates are different from the printed coupon

Offer valid
    October 4–7, 2018 at Ontario Foodland stores only. Purchase must occur in a single transaction and AIR MILES® Card scanned as part of the transaction. Limit of 5 Bonus Offers per Collector Account.
    Last edited by olivercat; Thu, Oct 4th, 2018 at 07:11 PM. Reason: update

Teachers Have Class
    Trading Score
    520 (100%)

I purchased a $150 Sobeys gift card today. I didn't use a coupon but the bonus 150 Air Miles showed on my receipt anyway. The offer is listed on the bottom of the first page of the flyer.
    Last edited by lotsasavings; Thu, Oct 4th, 2018 at 10:08 PM.
    shopperwho likes this.

Teachers Have Class
    Trading Score
    520 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by olivercat View Post
    On my Foodland offer, the bonus 100 AM WUB $100 is only valid on October 19.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lotsasavings View Post
    On my Foodland offer, the bonus 100 AM WUB $100 is only valid on October 19.
    The Foodland offer is getting weird. My airmiles account is now showing no offers, but I got the email about the gift card (dated October 4 to October 7) and I printed 2 coupons--for the gift card and the spend $100 get 100 airmiles. Both of the printed offer say October 4 to October 8.
    If I use these offers, I am going to keep all receipts, copies of the coupons and the email, because this is already looking like a problem.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I haven't done this so I can't absolutely confirm it works, but for AM members who are looking for gift cards, this appears to be a current national offer at Shell stations that can save from about 1% up to a few percent for those who have certain cashback credit cards:

1 AIR MILES® reward mile for every $10 purchased in-store in a single transaction**

** Before taxes and excludes tobacco products, service bay repairs, and Shell Gift Cards. Offer valid at participating Shell retail locations. Maximum number of 10 reward miles to be awarded per qualifying transaction.
    Since only Shell GCs are excluded, it seems any others qualify for 1 AM per $10 spent up to 10 AM per transaction, so 10 AM on $100 of GCs, which can presumably be multiple lower-value ones. YMMV but in my area of the GTA, the stations typically carry small selections including CT, LCBO and Beer Store.

I have a credit card that returns 4% at Shell stations and many others, so my total potential saving for each $100 purchase of GCs is just over $1 in AM plus 4% cashback.

Obviously, this isn't as good a deal as getting cards when they're 10% or more off or come with 10% or more in PCO points or AM, but I have this in mind in case I need any GCs when I can't get them under those better deals.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I got my 150 air miles for buying the $150 Sobey's GC this week so if you took advantage, check your account.

My Tangerine Key is:39626323S1

Thread Information