User Tag List

Page 1945 of 11781 FirstFirst ... 945 1445 1845 1895 1935 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1955 1995 2045 2445 2945 ... LastLast
Results 29,161 to 29,175 of 176703
Like Tree1334442Likes

Thread: Club Q Q107-Loyalty Club (Southern ON Only) v4

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Caller 920 (I have never had a call answered before ... maybe things are looking up??
    Courage is not the absence of fear but acting in spite of it.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Argo53 View Post
    OK - Let's try this again ....

Thoughts from anyone but Peter?
    Ouch! Am I bleeding?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

well another day of dialing bites the dust - karen is the lucky one!!!!

gotta get ready to head downtown for the movie, haven't been able to anything today besides dial, dial, dial,

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for all the help and company today....I love trip Thursdays...

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

sorry no one on Q won today, but I for 1 am glad it's over; my fingers r sore

but, we'll all be here 2 try again next week; night all; DRIVE CAREFULLY !!!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That's it boys and Girls for another week ....

Still keeping the faith SillyLoocie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

There was once a bloke named Peter Sells who offered commentary,
    I believe that there may have been occasions when he’s been called contrary.
    Though never in haste,
    He cuts to the chase,
    As he goes on his way so merry!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My experience is waiting for nothing when it comes back, it goes straight to a busy signal. Happen to me about 12 times today and every time it went to busy signal!

Burning my way through another year!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I live in a Cartoon World as I am surrounded by Characters.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lee03 View Post
    High Low
    Jan 22 - 30 19 Sunny Monday
    Jan 23 - 30 19 Sunny Tuesday
    Jan 24 - 30 19 Isolated showers Wednesday
    Jan 25 - 30 18 Sunny Thursday
    Jan 26 - 26 17 Sunny Friday
    Jan 27 - 26 25 Sunny Saturday
    Jan 28 - 26 25 Sunny Sunday
    Jan 29 - 27 25 Sunny

I just did a weather forecast for Ocho Rios and the only ice I'll be seeing in a few days will be in my drinks!!!!

(4 more sleeps )

w*rk, w*rk, w*rk until then.....
    Have a GRAND trip Lee!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It's been a busy day in here today!!! I can't really call in from work so this gives everyone else a better chance to win.... if I ever won a trip, I don't think I could ever fess up to my boss that I was calling in from the office.... but then again, no one ever wins trips from Q107...

I will be back later to catch up.... I have to go help hubby pack his shorts and bathing suits.... (mine clothes have been ready to pack since before New Years.... )

3 more sleeps!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

such a sad loss...Sarah Burke succumbed to her injuries....a Canadian freestyler..... thoughts and prayers to her husband and families...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

rather chilly on the slopes today somewhat hard packed.... ahhhh but with this new snow falling now, conditions will be great tomorrow.......
    sorry no one won a trip today - hope one of you win next week no south trips for me...just ski trips until April.....
    woohoo Lee - have an awesome time...and a few mojito's for me...
    Go Leafs Go!!!! 3 - 0 my kind a game

Injoy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Awesome day on the slopes. Hard to leave as the snow started around noon. About 10cm of fresh, fluffy powder!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sarah Burke struck down by bad luck at the height of her sport

Joe O'Connor Jan 19, 2012 – 8:09 PM ET | Last Updated: Jan 19, 2012 8:27 PM ET
    Mike Ridewood/Canadian Freestyle Ski Association
    Sarah Burke in the halfpipe final at a FIS Freestyle Ski Halfpipe in Copper Mouintain, Colorado, on Dec. 9, 2011.

Her death stings, because it is unfair, because Sarah Burke was too young and too smart and too pretty and too warm and too well-liked and too remarkable, as an athlete, to leave us so soon.
    Plug her name into Youtube and watch clips of the 29-year-old B.C. skier taking flight, blasting out of a superpipe and soaring up, up, with the blue sky as a backdrop and gravity, an earthly annoyance, as her only limit.
    Ms. Burke twists. Twirls. Flips. She makes us gasp, and it is amazing to see, especially now, knowing that every clip is a reminder and a memorial to a gifted skier who pushed the boundaries of her sport.

Pushed them so hard and so far that Ms. Burke won four X-game titles, five World Cups and a world championship. She is the reason why the Olympic old boys club added women’s ski halfpipe to the program for Sochi 2014.
    Related

CLICK TO ENLARGE

Ms. Burke was doing her thing, being amazing and soaring, when bad luck struck her down. Slamming her to the snow in Park City Utah on Jan. 10, rupturing an artery that carries blood to the brain, triggering hemorrhaging, stopping her heart and causing irreversible brain damage.
    She died Thursday at the University of Utah Hospital.
    Of course, we know what happens next, because it always happens next: Ms. Burke’s tragic death will, somehow, if we allow it to, turn into something that it isn’t.
    But here is the thing: Extreme sports are labelled extreme for a reason. Going bigger and jumping farther and pushing limits involve a measure of risk. Shooting for the stars always does.
    And it is not a deadly risk, not in all but the most freakish of instances, circumstances like the one that has left us contemplating Sarah Burke’s ghost.
    How will she haunt us? What might she say? That she died doing something she loved? That people die every day on the job?
    Police officers get shot. Pilots crash. Journalists are killed in war zones. Executives expire at their desks. There is risk in everything we do and randomness in that risk, making this life of ours a whirling game of unforeseeable chance where, every so often, the roulette wheel stops spinning and your number unexpectedly comes up.
    This is not a safety issue. This is a life issue. So why don’t we look at Sarah Burke’s short life and see what it can teach us about living?
    Doug Pensinger/Getty Images
    Sarah Burke poses with her gold medal after winning the Women's Skiing Superpipe at Winter X Games 13 on Buttermilk Mountain in 2009.

When she was a little girl her father, Gordon, promised her he would mortgage everything so she could ski. He would take her to the slopes where a young girl with big dreams watched the boys competing in big air competitions — boys she knew she could beat — and where she wondered: why not me?
    Why not girls?
    It is a question Olympic organizers could not answer.
    There are other lessons: a short Ski Channel documentary featuring Ms. Burke and her extreme sports star husband, and childhood sweetheart, Rory Bushfield.
    In it we see the couple sitting in the back of a cab, telling their story, talking about a great love and a life together in the mountains.
    “It is what our lives are, being on the hill, and there is a reason for that,” Ms. Burke says. “It is where we met, where we play, where we live and hopefully where we will die.”
    Amen.
    National Post
    • Email: [email protected] | Twitter:
    Alessandro Garofalo / Reuters files
    Sarah Burke during the Ladies' halfpipe freestyle FIS World Cup Grand Finals in Chiesa Valmalenco in March 2008.

Rest in peace

Thread Information