User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree126Likes

Thread: Flashfood rolled out in many areas of ON

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    Be aware that the quantities shown in the app aren't always right up to date. Earlier this afternoon, the app showed five 500 gm packages of XL ground beef for $2 (reg. price $8), but there was only one when I looked in the fridge. CS told me this was because quantities have to be updated manually, which doesn't necessarily happen right away.
    Does this mean they will give you a refund if you've purchased more than what they have? Has anyone already been in this situation yet?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by downtowntorontogirl View Post
    Does this mean they will give you a refund if you've purchased more than what they have? Has anyone already been in this situation yet?
    I made a mistake once and purchased something that I really did not want so I called the stores customer service and explained the situation and to tell them that I would not be picking it up so they could relist it so that someone else could take advantage of the deal. I sent a email to the address they gave me (I believe it was [email protected]) and explained the situation and they gave me my money back.
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Looks like the popularity of flash foods has really taken off, hard to find any decent deals anymore.

I put up a bunch of meat on it right before the end of my shift, only at 50% and it was sold out within a hour. A month ago it probably wouldn't have sold. Lol
    ROMEO likes this.
    I've been using Flashfood to get huge savings on groceries. I thought you'd want to try it out. Use my invite code for a freebie: https://flashfood.app.link/wMlvjz5YqX

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GracieAnne View Post
    Looks like the popularity of flash foods has really taken off, hard to find any decent deals anymore.

I put up a bunch of meat on it right before the end of my shift, only at 50% and it was sold out within a hour. A month ago it probably wouldn't have sold. Lol
    Does Flash Food set the prices or the store? I find that most stores put things at 50% off and we could usually get a deal like that and also use coupons, personal and in store offers etc.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    ROMEO likes this.

My Tangerine Key is:39626323S1

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This is a crazy price, can be for lunch or dinner tomorrow

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by korianka View Post
    This is a crazy price, can be for lunch or dinner tomorrow

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    My store rarely has prices like that and they never drop when the expiry date gets closer.

ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Molly View Post
    Does Flash Food set the prices or the store? I find that most stores put things at 50% off and we could usually get a deal like that and also use coupons, personal and in store offers etc.

The stores all set their own prices. I was told to start at 50% off unless it was something that expired within 24 hours, then put it 75-90% off.

I'm at RCSS and we only have 30% off pink stickers, so usually there will be one or two items with a pink sticker left on the normal shelves so flashfoods is usually a better deal. Might be different at Loblaws with their 50% pink stickers.
    ROMEO, GoodBoy and Arjon like this.
    I've been using Flashfood to get huge savings on groceries. I thought you'd want to try it out. Use my invite code for a freebie: https://flashfood.app.link/wMlvjz5YqX

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ladybug2011 View Post
    Is there a way to use a referral link from an ipad. When I click on the one of the referral links it wants to send an sms message using a phone number but I'm trying to get it on my ipad which doesn't have a phone number.
    My ipad doesn’t have a phone number either - but when I make the text icon live and when my ipad is near my iphone - texts come to it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ROMEO likes this.
    My Orange Key 44990243S1

https://surveys.gobranded.com/users/...f49b113b291653

Starting a new Chapter in the Golden Horseshoe in 2017!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

I saw someone post a local No Frills had hamburger & hotdog buns for 5 cents!

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
    ROMEO likes this.
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I used Flashfood all of the time once they had been at Longo's. turned into sad to peer them move.it is all of the close to expiry meals, at a tremendous discount. You pay beforehand within the app and it tells you while the meals is going to expire. Too bad Superstore is way a long way away for us.
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

My Zehrs hardly ever updates their app - I bought something a few weeks ago and when I was getting it out of the fridge, I saw a whole bunch of colored peppers in the multipacks, but they weren't in the app. Went back 4 days later to pick up something else, and the peppers were still in the fridge, but not in the app - decided to ask about it, and was told they just hadn't gotten around to putting them in the app yet - meanwhile the peppers are deteriorating by the day - how long were they in the fridge before I even noticed them??

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by tvwatcher View Post
    My Zehrs hardly ever updates their app - I bought something a few weeks ago and when I was getting it out of the fridge, I saw a whole bunch of colored peppers in the multipacks, but they weren't in the app. Went back 4 days later to pick up something else, and the peppers were still in the fridge, but not in the app - decided to ask about it, and was told they just hadn't gotten around to putting them in the app yet - meanwhile the peppers are deteriorating by the day - how long were they in the fridge before I even noticed them??
    I know what you mean it's so frustrating, and also they should be posting at higher discounts to get the food to move and actually prevent food waste... I think the stores need to realize that the main goal is preventing food waste, not still making a profit off of this...
    tvwatcher and Anna Michele like this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tvwatcher View Post
    They were probably either bought and not picked up or waiting for pick up.

At least at my store, the flash food refrigerator space is limited so we don't put stuff in there and not put it on flashfoods.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GracieAnne View Post
    They were probably either bought and not picked up or waiting for pick up.

At least at my store, the flash food refrigerator space is limited so we don't put stuff in there and not put it on flashfoods.
    No, they finally did put them up after I asked about it - after they'd been sitting in the fridge for who knows how long! And they put them up for the same price Metro had them on sale for that week...for fresh ones that weren't spotted and wrinkled LOL
    Last edited by tvwatcher; Thu, Aug 29th, 2019 at 02:37 PM.
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

My Loblaws put up some nice soups, bagels and a ton of yogurt. Some that has an expiry date of September 5th. I ended up ordering twice!

rayray and MrsMer like this.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information