User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Paul905

Thread: USB Wired Keyboard

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hello... Does anyone know of a good wired keyboard were by the letters don't fade out. The keyboard doesn't need to be fancy just something that is reliable with fading, thanks
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just buy a cheap $10 keyboard....if the letters wear off, just replace it. I've never had a problem with letters coming off keyboards.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by mulock View Post
    Just buy a cheap $10 keyboard....if the letters wear off, just replace it. I've never had a problem with letters coming off keyboards.
    I have a pretty cheap keyboard now and the letter keep fading, are you saying you can buy replacement keys, are they all the same? I would rather have a keyboard were the keys don't fade if possible, are there such?
    Last edited by Paul905; Tue, Jul 2nd, 2019 at 02:25 PM.
    dededi likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If you have a cheap keyboard (under $20) -- then you should probably expect the letters to fade. -- but at $20 or less, that is not much expense even if you have to do it annually. If you are doing it more often than that, then maybe you have other issues... like what might be on your finger tips. --- If you handle a lot of chemicals (strong cleaners, solvents, alcohol, etc) -- especially if use a lot of hand-sanitizer such as Purell. The alcohol in those can transfer from your fingertips to the surface of the keys and quickly deteriorate the surface lettering.

If this isnt the issue, then spend more money on a keyboard, and the quality of the lettering on the keys should be better and last longer. If you want to go the extra mile, get a back-lit keyboard that is primary black, but where the light shines through the letter themselves. This way you wont have to worry at ALL about fading, as the letters arent painted on, they are etched through the plastic so the backlight can shine through. -- however don't expect these to be cheap either.

For what it's worth... I have an HP keyboard that I've been using for the past 6 years. The letters are as legible as the day I opened the package. The keyboard was otherwise filthy, and one key was starting to act up, so I had to replace it. But it was nothing fancy... just an OEM keyboard that came with a PC.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi... Thanks for your thoughts. I don't have any problems with my hands in that way and yes I bought a new keyboard and within a few months the keyboard keys have faded. I have used Microsoft / Logitech and these no name types all the same problems, though some would last a few years . This is my whole point in asking if anyone can recommend a keyboard which the letter don't fade and I don't care if I have to spend more just as long as I know it's a reliable board, thanks

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'd start with Amazon.ca and view the various keyboards and buy one that has good reviews. Amazon stands behind the products they sell so if you have a problem with lettering coming off, you could contact them.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I have not really looked into it but maybe a back lit keyboard is the answer. I would purchase a good quality one if that is the route you decide to go.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by mulock View Post
    I'd start with Amazon.ca and view the various keyboards and buy one that has good reviews. Amazon stands behind the products they sell so if you have a problem with lettering coming off, you could contact them.
    lol that were I bought my last 4 different type ones and have fading issues, though I haven't try the one made by Amazon. Most people nowadays I believe use wireless ones but I don't like wireless, like the wired types but I need one the is reliable lol . I might try the Dell ones or the HP and even the Amazon ones, thanks

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Thatdone View Post
    I have not really looked into it but maybe a back lit keyboard is the answer. I would purchase a good quality one if that is the route you decide to go.
    I don't really need the lit types but if that is the only wired keyboard that will not fade then I have no other choice

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sorry just saw this, Paul you need to look for a keyboard that says it has 'double shot' key caps. https://deskthority.net/wiki/Double-shot_moulding

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If I were you I'd look in the Amazon review section for keyboards that you are looking at, and specifically look for comments mentioning "fading" there may be a search option specifically for this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It's been a while ... but if anyone still looking I strongly recommend Logitech K120.

Thread Information