User Tag List

Like Tree14Likes
  • 5 Post By Buddyboy546
  • 5 Post By mulock
  • 1 Post By Ciel
  • 1 Post By Ciel
  • 1 Post By Buddyboy546
  • 1 Post By Ciel

Thread: Walmart no longer pack bags at the checkouts.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Today at Walmart in Bayer's Lake, Halifax, NS, I learned that they no longer pack bags at the cashier's checkout. The cashier told my wife she had to pack hernown bags, that this was now company policy. My wife refused and the cashier packed them for her. My wife spoke to the person in charge and was told many have complained about the new policy.

This is a disgraceful reduction of service. It is bad enough that most checkouts are now self serve, now even the service ones refuse to pack bags. We will avoid Walmart as a result as much as we can.
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart
    mulock, Ciel, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Walmart never fails to amaze me. Next they'll simply have flatbed truck in the parking lots and when you ask where something is they'll just say "Don't know. Go search the trucks."
    abbasgirl, Ciel, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mulock View Post
    Walmart never fails to amaze me. Next they'll simply have flatbed truck in the parking lots and when you ask where something is they'll just say "Don't know. Go search the trucks."
    I think the cashiers are under too much stress, having to ask shoppers if they are going to pay with store MC or ask for donations for whatever fundraising campaign is on plus doing the price-matching flyer checks, that to keep up with any manager's metrics on $ per hour or transactions per hour, something has to give. But if the new no-bagging policy is for real, the store should have signage at each till or a massive sign at each entry/exit alerting people to that. However, that would impact the community bus or retirement home shuttle buses doing weekly grocery store runs for their residents--many residents are using mobility devices and appreciate service aka bagging of groceries.

That pay 5 cents per bag policy also seems to have fluctuated-not always being charged for bags, depending on the cashier (some ask if you want a bag, others don't and won't charge if you ask for one).
    cath007 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@mulock I know sometimes when I am in my local Walmart superstore after 8pm, I see skids on the floor or being put out on the floor. If something I want is not stocked (empty shelf), I think that the restock is just waiting to get put out later. Have noticed other grocery stores sometimes put skids out, making it harder to get around in aisles with shoppers pushing carts or all flocking towards a special in one spot.
    cath007 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It is evident that their customers are among the least of their concerns. Does anyone know how to contact head office via email? Their site shows a snail mail address along with a slew of social media sites which I do not use. My first task was to write to head office for confirmation but they hide behind a variety of barriers to avoid their customers.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Buddyboy546 View Post
    It is evident that their customers are among the least of their concerns. Does anyone know how to contact head office via email? Their site shows a snail mail address along with a slew of social media sites which I do not use. My first task was to write to head office for confirmation but they hide behind a variety of barriers to avoid their customers.
    The e-mail link for the Mississauga hq is shown on their Contact Us page: https://www.walmart.ca/en/help/contact-us
    Poirot likes this.

Thread Information