• 1 Post By Frugalbigmama
  • 1 Post By Frugalbigmama
  • 1 Post By Ciel
  • 2 Post By coupon girl

Thread: 2020 Birthday/and other special day Planning/ Gifts

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Figured we could use a thread to organize our birthday/other special days planning/gift thoughts?

I try and think ahead for the year and pick up stuff when I see a deal etc. (Just like most of us shop for Christmas)

I dislike the last minute running around to get stuff/wrap etc so I am going to be so organized this year.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Fri, Dec 3rd, 2021 at 03:59 PM. Reason: change date
    Ciel likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

My niece's birthday is in June and I have started for her:

A karaoke microphone that you use with your phone app to stream the music/words
    nail polish
    watermelon lip balm

I started a birthday tradition last year for her that I am going to continue forever lol. Pick up a piggy bank and fill it with loonies and toonies. Last year I found the cutest yellow star bank for free after a garage sale (the free pickings were put to the curb)
    I may make her a bank using a mason jar if I don't find one. I have started putting loonies and toonies aside.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I got that same karaoke mic for my friend's gift but don't know if she has downloaded the app and used the mic. Thought it was perfect as the cellphone goes everywhere with her.
    Frugalbigmama likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

frugalbigmama -I love that you started this thread

I look for clearance items year round for the grandkids -today I returned a few items to the gap and I looked at their clearance kids section (it was 30% off the red ticket) cheaper than online sometimes

Today I got a lovely crème coloured t-shirt with small ruffles on the sleeve 11.99-30% I paid 8.37 for cara -now mind you cara is turning 3 this fall ,this top is a size 4 for next year (so it will be a easter gift for next year )oh and online this top is 19.95-40% plus an extra 10% today only still I paid $2.40 less.I just hang the clothing items in my closet on the bottom rack.

This easter I have shorts I got for Ashlyn last year $4.00 and a summer dress from the gap for 7.00 both in the size she is now size small 6-7.

This type of shopping really saves me money .

Oh and I noticed I am running low on medium bags so picked up a pkg of 2 the other day at Dollarama $1.25 for both ,I have even picked up loose greeting cards at value village in a bag 2.99-30% seniors discount =2.09 and if there are any cards I don't wish to keep I just donate them back .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Tue, Mar 3rd, 2020 at 07:51 PM.
    Ciel and Frugalbigmama like this.

Thread Information