• 3 Post By bhlombardy
  • 2 Post By Ciel21
  • 2 Post By Shwa Girl
  • 2 Post By Shwa Girl

Thread: ON & AB: $16.99 Costco COVID Testing-YMMV

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Expired on: Thu, Jan 26th, 2023
    If you need a COVID test and you have symptoms, you can get a test at an assessment center:
    https://covid-19.ontario.ca/assessment-centre-locations

If you need a COVID test for travel, and have no symptoms, you can go to selected Costco locations and pay $16.99
    https://www.costcopharmacy.ca/appointment. You do not need a membership for Costco pharmacy appointments, in ON.
    Current ON locations include:
    Ottawa (2), Brampton, Burlington, Mississauga, North York, Gloucester, Markham, Vaughan, and Scarborough

Alberta also has $16.99 COVID tests.
    This thread is currently associated with: Costco
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Thu, Nov 11th, 2021 at 12:46 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    If you need a COVID test for travel, and have no symptoms, you can go to selected Costco locations and pay $16.99
    https://www.costcopharmacy.ca/appointment. You do not need a membership for Costco pharmacy appointments, in ON.
    Current ON locations include:
    Ottawa (2), Brampton, Burlington, Mississauga, North York, Gloucester, Markham, Vaughan, and Scarborough
    Alberta also has $16.99 COVID tests.

Do you know what kind of test they are providing? I can't seem to find where the test is approved for travel.
    (Not doubting you, but trying to confirm before booking the appointment)
    Shwa Girl, HermanH and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Here's assuming the Costco door gatekeepers are well aware of the no-membership requirement for anyone needing access to Optical or Pharmacy. I'd print off the offer to have in hand, if I were any SCer without a Costco membership trying to gain the test access.

Thanks for sharing the offer, @Shwa Girl !
    Shwa Girl and HermanH like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bhlombardy View Post
    Do you know what kind of test they are providing? I can't seem to find where the test is approved for travel.
    (Not doubting you, but trying to confirm before booking the appointment)
    when you click 'book now', Costco states "asymptomatic rapid antigen testing" AND the disclaimer " it is the responsibility of the individual to check with their airline to confirm the test is acceptable".

Friends used Shoppers Drug Mart rapid antigen test to travel to US by Air Canada and Westjet and SDM was accepted ($40).
    bhlombardy and HermanH like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    Here's assuming the Costco door gatekeepers are well aware of the no-membership requirement for anyone needing access to Optical or Pharmacy. I'd print off the offer to have in hand, if I were any SCer without a Costco membership trying to gain the test access.
    Thanks for sharing the offer, @Shwa Girl !
    go to the membership desk, tell them you are going to the pharmacy for testing, and they will let you in

and, from Costco's website
    You don't need to be a Costco member to purchase Costco Pharmacy prescriptions online or at our warehouses. Our Pharmacy counter will accept several different forms of payment, including cash, debit/ATM cards, Costco Shop Cards, and [credit cards].

Last edited by Shwa Girl; Thu, Nov 11th, 2021 at 05:32 PM.
    bhlombardy and Lavender Lady like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    when you click 'book now', Costco states "asymptomatic rapid antigen testing" AND the disclaimer " it is the responsibility of the individual to check with their airline to confirm the test is acceptable".
    Friends used Shoppers Drug Mart rapid antigen test to travel to US by Air Canada and Westjet and SDM was accepted ($40).
    Aaaaah.... airline travel, OK... that's the difference. Silly me was considering land-crossing, and for a day trip to return to Canada you need a PCR or NAAT test, not the rapid-test. $17 seemed too good to be true for a PCR test. Sorry, my mind made an assumption. Thanks for setting me straight.

Thread Information