User Tag List

Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By barbis9
  • 1 Post By Ciel21
  • 1 Post By harbie
  • 1 Post By barbis9
  • 2 Post By barbis9
  • 1 Post By harbie

Thread: Snake plant issue

  1. #1
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    GTA Area
    Posts
    2,405
    Likes Received
    7219
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)




    1
    I was told a snake plant was easy to maintain. However the leaves/stems are falling down. What am I doing wrong?

    Is it too much water? if so, how often do you water them. Would Miracle Grow help?

    Do I need to start talking to it
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    harbie likes this.


  2. #2
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    GTA Area
    Posts
    2,405
    Likes Received
    7219
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)




    I was told a snake plant was easy to maintain. However the leaves/stems are falling down. What am I doing wrong?

    Is it too much water? if so, how often do you water them. Would Miracle Grow help?

    Do I need to start talking to it

  3. #3
    Smart Canuck Ciel21's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Ancaster ON
    Posts
    2,498
    Likes Received
    4666
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    What's the sun situation where your plant is kept?
    See this one:https://www.youtube.com/shorts/puFi7YrCg_4
    Last edited by Ciel21; Sun, Jul 24th, 2022 at 09:48 PM.
    barbis9 likes this.
    Time for chai latte (not pumpkin spice). Formerly known as @Ciel.

  4. #4
    Canadian Genius harbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Earth...most of the time
    Posts
    9,444
    Likes Received
    7482
    Trading Score
    203 (100%)




    Sounds like overwatering if they are falling over. I believe they need very little water so only water when they first few inches of soil are totally dry. When you water it you should deep water so runs through drainage hole which you should have in your container. Itís like my orchid, I water it once in a whore but only a few tablespoons at that time.
    barbis9 likes this.
    Want CASH BACK for shopping? Join Rakuten.
    Whatís better than getting paid to shop?

    https://www.rakuten.ca/referrer?refe...uc%3D&src=Link

  5. #5
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    GTA Area
    Posts
    2,405
    Likes Received
    7219
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    What's the sun situation where your plant is kept?
    See this one:https://www.youtube.com/shorts/puFi7YrCg_4
    @Ciel21 thank you for this link!
    Ciel21 likes this.

  6. #6
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    GTA Area
    Posts
    2,405
    Likes Received
    7219
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    Sounds like overwatering if they are falling over. I believe they need very little water so only water when they first few inches of soil are totally dry. When you water it you should deep water so runs through drainage hole which you should have in your container. Itís like my orchid, I water it once in a whore but only a few tablespoons at that time.
    @harbie thank you! I think I do overwater it, and since its in a large container, I don't think its' properly draining.
    I'm going to ignore it and keep my fingers crossed.
    harbie and Ciel21 like this.

  7. #7
    Canadian Genius harbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Earth...most of the time
    Posts
    9,444
    Likes Received
    7482
    Trading Score
    203 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    @harbie thank you! I think I do overwater it, and since its in a large container, I don't think its' properly draining.
    I'm going to ignore it and keep my fingers crossed.
    Keep this post updated with the results
    Ciel21 likes this.
    Want CASH BACK for shopping? Join Rakuten.
    Whatís better than getting paid to shop?

    https://www.rakuten.ca/referrer?refe...uc%3D&src=Link

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •