• 3 Post By Willy14
  • 1 Post By Willy14
  • 2 Post By cyn88canada

Thread: Metro (Version 4, ON, gta) March 16 - 22

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Expired on: Thu, Mar 23rd, 2023
    Hmmm....buy $10 in quicktickets, get 15 Air Miles...wait...wait...wait...what is the fallout from Air Miles bankruptcy/BMO buying the loyalty program, etc, etc, etc?! Gah...maybe I can find something to splurge all my air miles on...
    Attached Images Attached Images                                      
    This thread is currently associated with: Metro
    Want to buy me a coffee? You can! But, you don't have to! In fact, I encourage you not to. ('Cuz postage is ridiculous). But, if you insist on it...well, you can drop a buck, or two, here: paypal.me/cyn88canada I emphasize, you do NOT have to -- a coffee icon tossed my way is gold. + =
    Illegitimi non carborundum!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If it's a consolation, you can earn bonus AIr Miles on lottery Quick Tickets unless it's not possible with the bankruptcy situation.
    Nice to see Canada Dry Zero Sugar cans and mini-cans. Wonder if its exclusive to Metro/Food Basics. Have not seen the product at Fortinos or Food Basics in Ancaster yet.
    dededi likes this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Here is a good read about Air Miles, if you have time. You might have to copy and paste the link below, if clicking on it does not work.

https://creditcardgenius.ca/blog/air...tance=Link%203
    Last edited by Willy14; Tue, Mar 14th, 2023 at 04:24 PM.
    cyn88canada, dededi and Ciel21 like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Cyn88Canada, your flyer guy must have run out of the other store flyers to give to you. Normally you post many more. Hardly any flyers showing on the forum for the start of March 16, 2023.
    Ciel21 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Willy14 View Post
    Cyn88Canada, your flyer guy must have run out of the other store flyers to give to you. Normally you post many more. Hardly any flyers showing on the forum for the start of March 16, 2023.
    It's worse. My street officially no longer receives: Food Basics. Then Walmart was dropped. Now, SDM and No Frills are not in the weekly bundle -- I suspect they're giving these to Canada Post to deliver. Possibly because of the many, many delivery issues -- carriers are/were paid VERY poorly, in my experience. Several have quit delivering around me, so there are large sections of my neighbourhood that don't receive the flyers. And, when they quit, no one is lining up to take their place! So, if the flyers are not being delivered, maybe the companies are cutting back as well, no longer paying for delivery because it's unreliable.

In my case, my new(er) flyer guy zooms in/out very quickly so I rarely catch him. He is VERY fast. My old guy knew I liked flyers and tried to get me many. New guy forgets, or maybe just doesn't have the other flyers. It takes a little more effort to get them, so I think he just forgets. And, I have no other access to them. :-(

Crossing my fingers I'll get more flyers in future, because I love the previews, too...lol! But, I'm not that hopeful just because the trend seems to be....fewer paper flyers, and more online versions available.

When I finally have a week of no sneak peeks...well, you'll know the zombies got me! Until then, Cheers!
    Ciel21 and Willy14 like this.
    Want to buy me a coffee? You can! But, you don't have to! In fact, I encourage you not to. ('Cuz postage is ridiculous). But, if you insist on it...well, you can drop a buck, or two, here: paypal.me/cyn88canada I emphasize, you do NOT have to -- a coffee icon tossed my way is gold. + =
    Illegitimi non carborundum!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@cyn88canada Post a neon sign on your mailbox/porch so new flyer guy knows you have hopes of largesse in the flyers he brings around. It might work and you might "give him a coffee" in appreciation!

In last Thursday's Toronto Star, there was a small square ad by Save dot ca that Loblaws flyers can be found there (new feature apparently). BTW, Longos (at least in Ancaster) is no longer providing flyers in-store-they are digital only! Guess I'm re-signing up to get their emails so I don't miss their weekly or biweekly flyers. Longos only 1 per month or in big sales month twice per month distributed their flyers in the local weekly paper. It was random...now it's about saving money too.
    Last edited by Ciel21; Wed, Mar 15th, 2023 at 03:03 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Willy14 View Post
    Here is a good read about Air Miles, if you have time. You might have to copy and paste the link below, if clicking on it does not work.

https://creditcardgenius.ca/blog/air...tance=Link%203
    Thanks for the article link! I did not know when Loyalty Ventures filed for bankruptcy.

I recall that BMO and Sobeys used to run some Air Miles promo or gas or banking offers. But the BMO in big box land is a fair hike from the local Sobeys, which has an adjoining TD bank. Always thought it'd be great if TD and Sobeys had some rewards going but maybe BMO et al will Aeroplan together.

The little chart in article mentions that Rona/Lowes has a contractor only program. Not so-Lowes takes Aeroplan, so Aeroplan cardholders can collect points on yard waste bags and more! I used to use my Air Miles card at Lowes until it departed the program. It hastened my resolve to mail back my AM card to Toronto as there was no obvious online way to part with program (common issue with some other popular loyalty rewards cards not connected to a credit card, I might say!).

Thread Information