User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By EvilTofu

Thread: When did Tim Horton cancel Extra Small?

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Are corporations making us consume more?

Tim Hortons move their sizes in 2012. Making the old "Small" (8oz), the new "Extra Small". Moving the old "Extra Large" to the current "Large" and added the current Extra Large (24oz). I'm surprised to find that they no longer offer the Extra Small.

Name:  Tim Sizes.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  122.1 KB

In other words, they didn't just cancelled Extra Small, they used years to sneakily canceled the Small, making us all consume more.
    Are we so easily brainwashed???

When I visit friends in their homes, they would give me a giant mug over 600ml that makes me feel like I'm drinking from a bucket like a freaking horse. 1 cup is 240ml, 8 oz. It's insane that it isn't the default anymore. And then my friends are laughing at my 8 oz. size travel mug being tiny. (This is why you are fat, you know...) 2 in 3 Canadians are overweight or obese!

I remember in the early days of YouTube, British people would be reviewing American ice tea bottles, those 2L Nestea, saying we are "drinking out of petro jugs". Have we all been normalized by Starbucks's Grande and IKEA's cups and dinnerware that are getting larger and larger?

This growing sizes need to stop. We should not be brainwashed by corporations to consume more food and drink.

I advice everyone to always getting the smallest size, it's probably what the medium size should be anyway. At least at Tim's right now, the Small was the old Medium.
    This thread is currently associated with: IKEA, Starbucks, Tim Hortons
    Last edited by EvilTofu; Sat, Apr 8th, 2023 at 01:01 PM.
    walkonby and dededi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This must be the opposite of shrink-flation.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by EvilTofu View Post
    Are corporations making us consume more?

Tim Hortons move their sizes in 2012. Making the old "Small" (8oz), the new "Extra Small". Moving the old "Extra Large" to the current "Large" and added the current Extra Large (24oz). I'm surprised to find that they no longer offer the Extra Small.

Name:  Tim Sizes.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  122.1 KB

In other words, they didn't just cancelled Extra Small, they used years to sneakily canceled the Small, making us all consume more.
    Are we so easily brainwashed???

When I visit friends in their homes, they would give me a giant mug over 600ml that makes me feel like I'm drinking from a bucket like a freaking horse. 1 cup is 240ml, 8 oz. It's insane that it isn't the default anymore. And then my friends are laughing at my 8 oz. size travel mug being tiny. (This is why you are fat, you know...) 2 in 3 Canadians are overweight or obese!

I remember in the early days of YouTube, British people would be reviewing American ice tea bottles, those 2L Nestea, saying we are "drinking out of petro jugs". Have we all been normalized by Starbucks's Grande and IKEA's cups and dinnerware that are getting larger and larger?

This growing sizes need to stop. We should not be brainwashed by corporations to consume more food and drink.

I advice everyone to always getting the smallest size, it's probably what the medium size should be anyway. At least at Tim's right now, the Small was the old Medium.
    @EvilTofu all of that post is VERY accurate. Most of us have been mindlessly eating larger ( restaurant ) portions and knocking back huge mugs of drive through java. No wonder obesity is so prevalent. Great timing for me...it's Day 1 of my re-boarding the weight loss train. Been on this train too many times in the past, all successful journeys until they aren't....yet I can still take the free ride for as long as it takes!!

babies teach us acceptance

Thread Information