User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: welfare food challenge

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    Walmart is discontinuing its $1, $2, or $3 clearance bags for fruits and veggies. Need to re-think this part of the budget.
    I found quite a few clearance items in the produce section at Walmart ranging from celery, mushrooms, lots of salad kits. Perhaps they just dropped the values of $1 to $3 and boosted the prices a bit. A bunch of celery cost me $1.44
    walkonby, HermanH and Ciel21 like this.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Our WM discounted bags of produce programme is still going strong! $1.00, $2.00 and $3.00 bags .
    Ciel21 likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by crafter View Post
    I found quite a few clearance items in the produce section at Walmart ranging from celery, mushrooms, lots of salad kits. Perhaps they just dropped the values of $1 to $3 and boosted the prices a bit. A bunch of celery cost me $1.44
    I've been watching their clearance items closely. I think that they are going with the 50% discount model. They list the regular retail price and then the discounted price and it is almost always 50% of retail. Even at that discount, it is still much more expensive than the $1, 2, 3 discount bags. That $1.44 celery you found used to be $0.50 / stalk (lb) and you often got two stalks in a $1 discount bag. That is still too high for my tastes. I continue to search for produce that is < $1/lb and often only get $0.75/lb, or so. Sad day.
    crafter and Ciel21 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    I've been watching their clearance items closely. I think that they are going with the 50% discount model. They list the regular retail price and then the discounted price and it is almost always 50% of retail.
    Walmart will often give additional 2nd and 3rd round of 25% discounts for meat or bread, as the day goes. However, I have not yet seen them give additional discounts for produce. But, to be honest, I have not had much chance to visit their stores later in the evening to be certain if additional discounts are given or not. I think that they give the single 50% discount and that is it.
    Ciel21 likes this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have not been by the produce bags area of my local Walmart lately (was in store tonight but focus was on getting two other things). Have noticed how banged up the discounted food products can be on the clearance rolling racks by cash or the back main aisle. Packaging or contents might have been dropped or worse.

There's a soup I want to try but I forgot diced tomatoes (two cans-found some other tomato product instead and it'll go into the pot tomorrow). Have some "last legs" celery and carrots in the crisper to use up. Sometimes I find some good discounted produce bags at Food Basics but those bags seem to be going upwards in price as well.
    HermanH likes this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information