User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Air Miles Shop the Block

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Expired on: Tue, Dec 19th, 2023
    Air Miles is running a Shop the Block promotion where if you earn at least 1AM at at different AM partners, you will receive bonus AM:
    • Earn at least 1 Reward Mile at 2 partners, get 100 bonus AM
    • Earn at least 1 Reward Mile at 3 partners, get 200 bonus AM
    • Earn at least 1 Reward Mile at 4 partners, get 1000 bonus AM

You must go to https://www.airmiles.ca and opt in to receive the offer. The fine print says you can earn 1 normal AM, or a bonus AM to be eligible for the bonus Shop the Block AM. You can shop in store or through airmilesshops.ca. And it also looks like submitting a receipt through Air Miles Receipts will count as 1 offer. The fine print is very long. lol
    This thread is currently associated with: Air Miles
    walkonby likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

ty for posting this @fegonia
    I received this offer and already shopped at 2 different places online. Just slightly over $20.00 spent in both places, earned 1 AM on the amazon shop and 10 AM on the Walmart shop. ( Walmart is giving 10 AM for each $20.00 spend ) .
    I will finish the other 2 spends at Metro ( I'll buy $20.00 worth of " something " to earn 1 AM ) and gas at Shell for the other.
    That should give me the 1,000 AM for doing 4 partners. Easy Peasy ( I hope! )
    coupon girl likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Thank you for posting .

I am also doing this .

I did card link so 1 offer. Will be doing shell, Metro and not sure what will be my 4th

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Looks like scanning a receipt counts as one partner...you could buy something like a cucumber and be done.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Laurabelle81 View Post
    Looks like scanning a receipt counts as one partner...you could buy something like a cucumber and be done.
    good point!! ty

Hmmm, @Laurabelle81 after looking more closely at the conditions for receipts to qualify I see a catch. Buying a cucumber will not qualify.
    They insist you buy only certain products to qualify, but sure seems tempting to buy a chocolate bar as a qualifying offer?
    I'd swap chocolate over a cucumber! ha ha

Name:  STB details.png
Views: 218
Size:  19.9 KB

Name:  STB scanning receipt offer.png
Views: 221
Size:  211.7 KB
    Last edited by walkonby; Sat, Dec 9th, 2023 at 07:47 AM.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

oh brother! This is very confusing now. The list above of the items they insist you purchase to qualify as 1 for the receipt scanning way are all dated November 2-15 when the STB promo is starting now ( December? )
    Then I see this blurb in another site

AIR MILES Receipts

AIR MILES Receipts as a whole counts as one partner so if you buy multiple items from multiple participating stores only the first earning event counts as a partner.
    Note:
    Collector must shop and upload their receipt in App during the promo period (Dec 7-18) to be eligible
    (i.e., receipt date must be between Dec 7-18 and must be uploaded in that time frame.
    I do not have any Apps ( no cell phone ) and I don't know how to find out if I scan my receipt here
    can I place it in as an attachment.
    Then again, where do I send this attachment to? STB ? making myself crazy now. ha ha
    Last edited by walkonby; Sat, Dec 9th, 2023 at 08:09 AM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    79 (100%)

@walkonby My list of products is different then yours, and have a valid date from Nov 30-Dec 13. I bought a cucumber yesterday and it worked.
    walkonby and Laurabelle81 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    oh brother! This is very confusing now. The list above of the items they insist you purchase to qualify as 1 for the receipt scanning way are all dated November 2-15 when the STB promo is starting now ( December? )
    Then I see this blurb in another site

AIR MILES Receipts

AIR MILES Receipts as a whole counts as one partner so if you buy multiple items from multiple participating stores only the first earning event counts as a partner.
    Note:
    Collector must shop and upload their receipt in App during the promo period (Dec 7-18) to be eligible
    (i.e., receipt date must be between Dec 7-18 and must be uploaded in that time frame.
    I do not have any Apps ( no cell phone ) and I don't know how to find out if I scan my receipt here
    can I place it in as an attachment.
    Then again, where do I send this attachment to? STB ? making myself crazy now. ha ha
    @walkonby you would have to get the app to do the receipt scanning. I don’t have the app but if I can’t come up with a partner for my 4th shop I will download the app and used it for this promo
    walkonby likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    79 (100%)

Last edited by MrsMer; Sun, Dec 10th, 2023 at 10:01 AM.
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    at Metro ( I'll buy $20.00 worth of " something " to earn 1 AM ) and gas at Shell for the other.
    I've done very little Air Miles since COVID, so I may well be rusty. With this caveat, my read is that since earning either a regular or bonus mile at Metro is enough to count as a partner, there are various items we can buy that give bonus miles while costing much less than $20; e.g. 4 miles for buying any Selection product by Wed.

At Shell, because I have a couple of months worth of Esso GCs to use up, I'm leaning toward buying either a $50 Visa or a $50 Amazon card, either of which will earn 20 bonus miles.
    walkonby likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    I've done very little Air Miles since COVID, so I may well be rusty. With this caveat, my read is that since earning either a regular or bonus mile at Metro is enough to count as a partner, there are various items we can buy that give bonus miles while costing much less than $20; e.g. 4 miles for buying any Selection product by Wed.

At Shell, because I have a couple of months worth of Esso GCs to use up, I'm leaning toward buying either a $50 Visa or a $50 Amazon card, either of which will earn 20 bonus miles.
    @Arjon I chatted with Airmiles yesterday regarding Metro and Shell and was told it has to be 1 base miles by the agent. So I am not going to chance it
    walkonby and Arjon like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    @Arjon I chatted with Airmiles yesterday regarding Metro and Shell and was told it has to be 1 base miles by the agent. So I am not going to chance it
    Good to know. This doesn't match with what I remember from past STBs, but there's no way to know if the new owner has changed it or the agent misinformed you. I suspect it's the latter, but even if the risk is low, I'm not going to overpay by more than a couple of bucks on a $20 purchase anyway. So doing that to reduce the risk to 0 is certainly a viable option.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Fwiw, I decided to earn a regular mile at Metro, so spent just over $40 divided between our 2 accounts for things I would have bought anyway, just not right now. This was about $4-$5 more than I would usually pay for equivalent items.

I also ordered from Staples through airmilseshoops for both accounts, about $46 in total of which I might have been able to save $3-$5 if I had waited for better deals elsewhere.

I did a receipt scan on each account, with no overpay.

Will get 20L of gas at Shell, also no overpay. Still need to find one more partner for the other account. In any case, it looks like I will be able to earn 1000 miles x 2 accounts by spending $10 to maybe $15 more than I would have anyway.
    walkonby and MrsMer like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

So far I did

Cardlink ( My DD was going to a birthday party and needed a gift card so bought and pay using 2 different Master card).
    Shell ( My DD works 1 hour away from home when she had to go in I split the gas on our 2 Account)
    Am receipt scan ( I don’t load the app just for this for a partner.)

I think I am doing good since it’s stuff that we had to get no matter what

will do Metro later this week.
    Last edited by flemeth; Tue, Dec 12th, 2023 at 05:15 PM.
    walkonby and Arjon like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    Good to know. This doesn't match with what I remember from past STBs, but there's no way to know if the new owner has changed it or the agent misinformed you. I suspect it's the latter, but even if the risk is low, I'm not going to overpay by more than a couple of bucks on a $20 purchase anyway. So doing that to reduce the risk to 0 is certainly a viable option.
    @Arjon maybe you can buy something for $5 at Shell to earn the 1 Base mile .
    Arjon likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information