User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Have you ever tried selling your used baby and child clothing to Once Upon a Child franchise? Before you try, here is one account how it went: http://frugalcraftymom.blogspot.ca/2...-clothing.html
    This thread is currently associated with: Once Upon a Child

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks Early Bird for posting the link. I agree with pretty much all of what she said. You should call ahead and see what they are taking. At the end of a season, I usually go through the clothing and take out the name brands, in good condition, to sell. I figure something is better than nothing when getting rid of clothing the kids have grown out of.

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

I agree as well except I don't think I would sell my stuff there, for the very little you get back i'd feel better just donating them to a mother in need. Last trip I made there (one of the hamilton locations) A lady brought a huge bag of clothes, a rocker chair, and a big play toy... she walked out with half of her stuff because of how little they were willing to pay. They must turn a pretty good profit in that store. I'd shop there.. just still not sure I'd sell.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I went there once and bought my daughter Hello Kitty outfit which was jean jacket and jean skirt and was super cute. Cost me for both about $3 and the items didnt even look like they were used. So, you can def. find great looking stuff in there.

Follow my Beauty Blog on instagram @officialbestofglam
    or on facebook @bestofglam

I write reviews on all new and upcoming beauty products
    Sephora is my grand love

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

I used to go to Once Upon A Child to take my items but find they are so so picky it is ridiculous. Now I donate some and the rest I take to a local consignment store. The money I make goes towards buying new clothes for my DS's.
    Last edited by sweetmomma; Sun, Apr 22nd, 2012 at 11:00 AM.
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

I agree with her blog. I sold some things there once . You have to make sure every button is there and things are pressed and pristine looking. You don't get much for them. I came away with about $20.00 but at least it was something. I returned home with quite a few items. It's smart to test them out first with just a couple of things.
    The best things in life...aren't things

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for sharing.

Trading Score
    83 (100%)

A lot of cities have Facebook pages for Moms selling used clothing and other baby/kids items. It's a great way to get the word out and also find some steals.

Trading Score
    48 (100%)

Sell what you can or trade and donate the rest,

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm glad they are picky. I would hate to go to a store and find a bunch of dirty crappy stuff that I have to actually pay money for. I'm sure they do make mistakes and I always show them when I find them. And for selling I know that I didn't originally purchase the clothing to make money off it. So if I do that's awesome .

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I shop here on a regular basis. Last time they had 4 items for $1 on there clearance stuff in Ajax. I went crazy and saved over $800!!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

It's not a bad place to sell to...I think it just depends on which locations you go to. If you are lucky and there is more then one in reasonable driving distance you can always take what one place doesn't buy and try selling it at the other. I have done that a few times and it has worked out well. I had (and still do) a bunch of baby/toddler clothes, toys and the like and have made about $800 over the past year. Selling it is a great way to make back a bit of your money that you can use towards other stuff (I'm putting my money into a trip this year). Whatever they don't accept you can still donate (as long as it's clean....please don't donate clothes or toys covered in dirt or crap--even moms who need the help should be respected enough to be offered clean clothes and toys for their kids).

Thread Information