User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    CaToonie
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by NSangel View Post
    JUST A NOTE ON RAINCHECKS

instore specials, if they run out, are not usually raincheckable. only for flyer items. i sadly found this out when superstore put the campbells soup bowls down to 1.99. and they were all sold out (on acct of the $1 off coupons on shelf, and free save.ca coupons). when i went to get a raincheck, they searched the flyer, and since it wasn't in the ad. NO RAINCHECK for me.

and a week later, they are still sold out!
    Ughh!! I can't find them either! Only a few of the yucky kinds BUT they are in the flyer this week. I wonder if they are raincheckable now?

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Here is my experience from working at two stores:

Canadian Tire-- they actually order in the product and you get a call once it comes in you can get it, although some stores can be disorganized and forget to call you.

The Bay and Zellers-- basically you get a raincheck and whenever the product is available you can get it for the raincheck price. They don't order products in from rainchecks, they literally get put in a little box at the register and stay there. So its up to the consumer to check back with the store to see if something has come available.

Coupon and Freebie Junkie courtreporter's Avatar
    Trading Score
    70 (97%)

I always forget about rainchecks when a product is sold out. This is great info. Thanks.

Savings King
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If the item is listed as "limited Quantities" in the flyer, they may not issue rainchecks. However, if the item is not in stock because it did not make it to the store in time for the sale, they may offer limited number of rainchecks in the amount expected to come in. That's what we did where I worked when items were not shipped in time. we would determine exactly how much was on the way, and take down names with rainchecks on a first come first serve basis. We would then write on the raincheck that it was only valid in our store, so they would pick up the item that was set aside for them specifically.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

i always forget about rainchecks too, so thanks for the post. i have used it once today. at sdm i wanted to use the coupons for the cascade action packs since today was the last day for the sale. they were sold out so i got a raincheck. the cashier was even nice enough to tell me that they would be getting more in later tonight so come back after dinner and save the raincheck as it is valid for 1 month

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hmm - never really used rainchecks - looks like I'm about to start! Thanks OP!!

<div style="filter: glow(Color=red,Strength=5 ); width: 100%;border: 2px solid purple;color: red;">&lt;div style=&quot;filter: glow(Color=red,Strength=5 ); width: 100%;border: 2px solid purple;color: red;&quot;&gt;9 days to shop&lt;/div&gt;</div> columbiathorndale's Avatar
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I wish this was pinned to the top along with who does price matching. I hate searching for these and my memory is gone since my daughter became a toddler

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for the reminder. I always forget about rainchecks.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Oh Yes, Superstore does Rainchecks. The Sobeys in Clayton Park (Halifax) does them for b1g2 too AND they no longer have a 30 day expiry date on them as stated on the bottom of the slip (at least that is what the girl at Cust Serv. told me). When I get rainchecks I get them for everything being offered even if I don't need it ie. toilet paper b/c like someone mentioned above if you combine a coupon with it you're getting double savings (EXCITING!!). My favorites are the toupie (sp?) hams for b1g2 - That's 12 hams for the price of 4!!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Thanks for the reminder ! I actually just got a raincheck from Zellers today for 6 Venus Embrace razors that were sold out.

Trading Score
    194 (100%)

london drug rain checks are only good for 2 weeks

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

wow.. that is great news.. thanks for the tips.

Banned
    Trading Score
    192 (100%)

rainchecks are great! i just got one for the 8kg purina dog chow that is on sale at zellers for 9.97

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I normally never remember to get a raincheck except a few weeks back when Zellar's had the toilet paper sale. They put out a replacement brand (which I bought using my coupon) but I got a raincheck for the kind that was out too since I had 2 coupons I could use with that brand. Also got a raincheck for the Secret on sale that was rudely taken by all the other coupon queens.

Zellar's clerk said they would call though... I guess that's not always the case. I better go in and check supply.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

bump for a great tip to take advantage of the great sale prices....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information