User Tag List

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Oooh I am soo mad and glad there is somewhere to post my bad experience! I ordered from the Sears catalogue for the very first time ever and it was a tank top and I expected that it would look like the one in the picture but guess what? It didn't! I went to the store to pick it up which is no easy task because I am recovering from back surgery and still in a fair bit of pain and had to wait because there was a lady ahead of us who decided to order her stuff at the pick up desk and also the Sears counter computer froze up (just my luck) and so my mom and I stood in line for like 15 minutes and then I finally got my tank top and the material was the same as the picture but the style was completely different-the neckline is incredibly small and in the picture it is quite large. Plus it doesn't fit and I had to pay about $5 shipping and handling to have it shipped to the store that I supposedly don't get back if I bring back the shirt! Normally $5 would be nothing but I have not been able to work for over a year so I haven't had an income for over a year but I needed a new shirt because my old one is falling apart. Is it wrong to expect to get what is in the picture? It looks nothing like the picture. Now I have to bring it back and stand there again and it is going to be painful. I feel really stupid now. I thought after that I should have looked at it right there on the spot so I would not have had to make another trip in but I didn't expect to have any problems-after all it's Sears right? Sorry about all the complaining-I am just frustrated and wish my back didn't keep me stuck at home so much still. Thanks
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess, Sears

italian beauty
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Okay, so I had my cousins wedding coming up and figured I would purchase a dress through the Sears Catalogue since I have a full time job that takes up 12 long hours of my day. I first called Sears(located in Limeridge Mall in Hamilton, Ontario) on my lunch break to see what needed to be done in order for me to be able to order my dress off of their catalogue....15 minutes later someone FINALLY took my call and low and behold, English was not their native language. I asked the lady on the phone if they had the 2 piece blue dress in stock in their store because I really wasn't comfortable ordering a dress through a catalogue. After putting me on hold for 5 more minutes and repeatedly asking me what colour dress I was looking for, she finally said that my only option was to order off of the sears catalogue and that they DEFINATELY had my dress in stock. I asked her if she could order it for me since I already had the product number in hand and really didn't have much time left before my lunch break was over! She said yes sure and went ahead and ordered my dress. 4 long weeks later I received a call that my dress was in and I needed to go pick it up. Well, when I went to Sears my dress was there alright, but it wasn't the dress I ordered or the right colour for the fact. Sears claims that I must have given the lady on the phone the wrong product number and that I was still responsible for the dress. I was pissed. So, I went home (since the store was closing) and looked at my catalouge once again just to make sure that it wasn't me that did indeed give the lady on the phone the wrong info. Sure enough, it wasn't my fault...the catalouge that Sears JUST SENT ME was already 3 months old and of course, my dress was discontinued by that point. So the dress I received by their standards was correct because the product number that I gave them now matched the dress that replaced my dress which I was under the impression of receiving.

6 weeks later, I went to my cousins wedding in a silver dress that looked aweful in my opinion..but what choice did I have?!?! I was stuck with a dress that Sears happily made money off of!! NEVER EVER ORDER OFF OF THEIR CATALOG, TRAVELLING TO THEIR STORE IS WORTH IT IN THE LONG RUN.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't think that they should be able to make you buy something that you didn't want. Sears is funny sometimes, no doubt about that. I guess I've been kinda lucky, I get my mother in law to go on line and order my daughter something for Christmas. We do this because shipping is free, and I've always found there product to be of good quality. As for Dealsniffer, I don't know why you would have to pay the $5 because you can get stuff delivered to Sears, or Sears outlet for free. I'd call them and raise a stink cause that itsn't right.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

We were married a the courthouse in Winnipeg on a Friday afternoon, almost 8 years ago. We had parents, BIL and my Granny there. Nothing fancy. I order my husband suite from the sears catalog. It came it, it fit perfectly, they did the alternation at no charge. It was wonderful service. However that being said.

I decide to order a nice shift dress and jacket from there catlog since there are more plus sizes there then in the store. 1 week later I get a call saying that they will not be able to delivery it. Okay, I choose another dress (that I like but of course is more money) and promised it was in sock and they would have it to me within a week. One weeks after that order now 4 weeks before my wedding I get a call saying my dress now will not be into July 5. I freaked that is a day before my Wedding. The customer service women could not understand why I didn't want a to continual with the order. I explained slow that I'm not going to chance my "wedding" dress to the day before. She told me I could find a dress anywhere since I was only wearing a suit. After telling her to cancell 3 or 4 time they cancell it. To say it left me in bad place. I ended having to run all over Winnipeg looking for something that looked okay. I end up getting a nice white dress from Winner that looked like Wedding dress. That was the last thing I order from sears. Just to bad my gift regisrty was with sear, it was one big error after another with it.

Thread Information