User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    42 (100%)

This week's flyer has an advertisement for Charmin. 12 double rolls PLUS 4 bonus double rolls for $6. It is the picture AND description (so they cannot claim it's the wrong item).
    I went in to pick 2 up and all I could find is the 12 pack.
    There was a hugE display at the front of thE store, in front of the doors (where they usually put flyer deals) with the 12 packs (boxes and boxes full) with a $6 sign.
    I went to Customer Service and the girl said she had never even seen the bonus packs.

Obvious bait and switch!!!
    This thread is currently associated with: Zellers

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

WHAT?? Thats ridiculous!! If its in the flyer they should know about it!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

They flyers are printed up six months in advance.. there might have been a problem getting in the bonus sizes, it could even have been a problem on Charmin's side rather than Zellers.. another possibility could be when the merchandise comes in, they put it to the sales floor immediately.. it could have come in days or even weeks before the flyer and people could have already purchased it.. i know they should try to pay more attention to the flyers and what's coming up on sale, but seriously.. this isn't a little store.. there's a lot of merchandise to keep track of

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I don't have much sympathy for zellers. They're crap and at very least they should have given a look into why the pictured and indicated size was not available and then called the manager to give you either the item at a lesser price for the inconvenience or offer the same number of rolls for that price if that can be done (like adding a 4-pack or two 2-packs free of charge if they happen to have those).

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

no frills has the same ones advertised and actually has them in the stores.

zellers is just being silly
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Yeah, I hadn't shopped at Zellers in over a year. But I had a giftcard, and we were at the in-laws, so all I had to do was walk over.

I saw them in the NF flyer, too, but I have to take the bus/drive there.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    lolz, yes they are.. anywhere from 3 to 6 months in advance.
    I agree, most flyers are printed far in advance of the sale.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Zellers - not nice.
    It's disappointing when they do this.
    No Frills did this to us with their large tin of salmon on for 2.99. There was none in 3 nearby No Frills. So, just price matched.

GoddessDigi- maybe you can price match when you get home, provided before Thursday.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Like I said, gotta bus or drive. =/ It's actually a shorter walk to the NF near my in-laws, the NF near us is a definite bus ride.
    Oh well, we're not in NEED of it, at this point. We have one of the big packs (16 rolls, I think it is?). I just wanted to get some 'just in case', lol. (Because I sometimes to forget to buy it, since I usually have enough. ._.)

Trading Score
    83 (100%)

Ugh, I went to Zellers the other day to pick some of the Disney sleepers on sale for $5. I picked out six outfits on the rack with the sign of $5 and they all but ONE rang in at full price. I was like, excuse me, these are supposed to be on sale for $5. My cashier called over to the baby department and someone told her the sale was for 30% off. I was like IT WAS IN THE FLYER! So she finally had my MOM go and pick up a flyer for her and saw that they were listed as $5. Then she showed me the fine print which was like Reg $6.97-$9.97. Do not put items on the rack with a big sign that says $5 if they are not $5!!!

Then my Finish rang in at $7.99, and I didn't notice until after she'd already rung me through so I said, Excuse me, the Finish was on sale for $4.99. So she starts going through the flyer and I say, it wasn't in the flyer it was a sign on the shelf. So she gets all huffy and tells me I have to go to customer service.

So off I go to CS and tell the girl what's going on (after waiting for five minutes for her to finish reorganizing the locker behind her) and the first thing I ask after she calls for someone to go and check the sign is, so does this mean I'll get that free? And she looks at me like I'm crazy and was like, why would it be free? So I had to explain SCOP and she snaps, "We don't do that here".

So the guy comes back with the sign which did read $4.99 but was from Sept. 1 so she ended up ringing it through at that price all the while complaining about how the other guy should have been back fifteen minutes ago and she had to pee. Worst customer service ever and I will not be shopping there ever again. The only reason I went there was for the Disney sleepers and they had only ONE on the whole rack that was $5. False advertising at its worst!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sparkypoodle View Post
    false

very obviously false. how do you suppose they get things like new manufacturer price cuts if they printed he flyer 6 months ago? lol or different prices if the orange crop is bad (or whatever0 if the flyers were printed taht long before? obviously...they arent
    So you've never seen a sign in a store that says due to crop failure, or supply problems, they couldn't get the item advertised in the flyer, it's unavailable? Or that the sale price on seasonal fruit is subject to availability? They can't wait to get the stuff in the store first, THEN get the flyer printed, it takes time.

I don't think stores count on 'manufacturer price cuts,' they buy the stuff wholesale. They may offer us a sale price that's actually less than what they paid for it to get you into the store.

I worked in a grocery store years ago and I've seen flyers for months in the future. The photographer for the flyers would come in sometimes to, to puchase items to photograph, and those items wouldn't be seen in the flyer for months.
    Last edited by Zonny; Mon, Sep 12th, 2011 at 05:40 AM.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

They did have the bonus size at our store....that was nice.
    must admit though that their sales item are poorly marked and customer service lacks...
    it is not the cashiers fault if it rings in correctly..managment must be held responsible for that!!
    i wrote in another post awhile ago about Scanning practices code at Zellers....i did have something go through at the wrong price and asked about it...she said that if they followed that then everything in the store would be free

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

ha ha , I came here to see the " back and forth " about whether or not the Zellers flyers are printed up that far in advance and the two posts I read in here yesterday have disappeared. Now what am I gonna do for fun? Dang you sc!!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ashokia View Post
    Ugh, I went to Zellers the other day to pick some of the Disney sleepers on sale for $5. I picked out six outfits on the rack with the sign of $5 and they all but ONE rang in at full price. I was like, excuse me, these are supposed to be on sale for $5. My cashier called over to the baby department and someone told her the sale was for 30% off. I was like IT WAS IN THE FLYER! So she finally had my MOM go and pick up a flyer for her and saw that they were listed as $5. Then she showed me the fine print which was like Reg $6.97-$9.97. Do not put items on the rack with a big sign that says $5 if they are not $5!!!

Then my Finish rang in at $7.99, and I didn't notice until after she'd already rung me through so I said, Excuse me, the Finish was on sale for $4.99. So she starts going through the flyer and I say, it wasn't in the flyer it was a sign on the shelf. So she gets all huffy and tells me I have to go to customer service.

So off I go to CS and tell the girl what's going on (after waiting for five minutes for her to finish reorganizing the locker behind her) and the first thing I ask after she calls for someone to go and check the sign is, so does this mean I'll get that free? And she looks at me like I'm crazy and was like, why would it be free? So I had to explain SCOP and she snaps, "We don't do that here".

So the guy comes back with the sign which did read $4.99 but was from Sept. 1 so she ended up ringing it through at that price all the while complaining about how the other guy should have been back fifteen minutes ago and she had to pee. Worst customer service ever and I will not be shopping there ever again. The only reason I went there was for the Disney sleepers and they had only ONE on the whole rack that was $5. False advertising at its worst!
    Which location was this?

Trading Score
    83 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by xox2010 View Post
    Which location was this?
    It was at Bayshore.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information