User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: My rant of the day..........people who are judgemental of couponers......

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Expired
    I came across this on Facebook last night and it's been irking me ever since:

(Deleted FP Posters Name)
    Things like this sadden me. They take your generosity and then try and profit from it. I feel bad for the people who wanted to try your hair dye and missed out because of people like this.

I personally can't wait to try mine and appreciate being able to try a box for free.

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/284882-...colour-canada/

FT: FPC JOHN FREIDA Precision Foam Hair Colour.!!!
    forum.smartcanucks.caFor Trade: 2 X FPC John Frieda Precision Foam Hair Colour April 30 Link to full wish list and trading list. http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/members/knitti

So because I took a coupon from a store and traded it with someone else, that would also be considered taking advantage? By using this theory every single one of us who has a trade list is taking advantage of companies and other people and trying to profit from it. I too have one of these hair dye coupons that I'll be putting up for trade and I don't think I did anything wrong. It's not something that I can use but I'm more than happy to trade it for something that I will be able to use........I'm not making a "profit" from it. Blah.....I just don't like the vibe attached to it......like everyone who trades is underhanded and greedy.......like we stole it right out of someone elses hand

This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    DianneS likes this.

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

I agree if you get a few FPC that you can't use then you can trade for something that you can use,What i don't like is when some people get 10 or so of a FPC and then want and arm and leg for that coupon?I don't pay must attention to what people say ,i think some people just like to hear the sound of their own voice
    Last edited by YOU AND ME; Sat, Apr 7th, 2012 at 04:30 PM.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

have no issues trading coupon for coupon, it's the grey area when gift cards and stamps come into play (things that cost money out of pocket sorta thing), or people who feel they deserve a FPC because they missed out on a promo and get all angry towards those who were fortunate to get one (though i'm very against the greed factor- company promo FPC's are often meant to be 1 per person/per household not 10 for 1 person, they are giving out the FPC to spread the word about their products, get more people to try the products and ultimate goal get more people to buy the products)
    Thumpersmom and amandalee76 like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

im so confused?
    what was the isssue? the OP edited the first post so im reaaaaally confused lol

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I'm in favour of trading coupons, within limits.

However, there's a huge streak of judgment on both sides of the couponing debate. I can't count the number of posts where members here have made judgements on non-couponers and calls them "haters" and "stupid" amongst the nicer name-calling....

And then the whole "cashiers are ....." negative posts
    hollyquaiscer and amandalee76 like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by c_mcarthur View Post
    im so confused?
    I think the point of the Facebook post was that companies give out FPCs so that people can try their product, and that is is wrong to order an FPC and then turn around and trade it away (profit from it). i.e. It wasn't the intention of the promotion.

I think everyone is entitled to their opinion and the Facebook poster made what some people would consider 'fair comment'. Linking it to someone's trade post on SC is pretty tasteless, though. Personally, I am at work all day and never seem to get many FPCs from Facebook promos -- so even if I wanted to trade them for something else, I'm not in a position to do so.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    86 (100%)

I am so new to couponing but I agree totally with you Midnightly - I wanted to trade for coupons once and someone only wanted walmart or tim hortons gc's in return. I wouldn't do it. I often trade and send extras as well, and would have traded generously for what I wanted, but I am not going to buy a gc for coupons they got for free! (or in a swap, trade, train etc..)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    have no issues trading coupon for coupon, it's the grey area when gift cards and stamps come into play (things that cost money out of pocket sorta thing), or people who feel they deserve a FPC because they missed out on a promo and get all angry towards those who were fortunate to get one (though i'm very against the greed factor- company promo FPC's are often meant to be 1 per person/per household not 10 for 1 person, they are giving out the FPC to spread the word about their products, get more people to try the products and ultimate goal get more people to buy the products)
    ~ New Coupon Binders & Totes coming soon!! Contact me or visit my Etsy shop www.reuseitartsandcrafts.etsy.com ~

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    86 (100%)

I agree with you too Darth! I always read those posts about clerks and wonder how I am always so lucky? I am always sure to have my coupons out and organized, ask each cashier which way they would prefer to receive them (in a group, on the line or handed as the product passes) and they have ALL been so nice in return. I think you get what you give sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    I'm in favour of trading coupons, within limits.

However, there's a huge streak of judgment on both sides of the couponing debate. I can't count the number of posts where members here have made judgements on non-couponers and calls them "haters" and "stupid" amongst the nicer name-calling....

And then the whole "cashiers are ....." negative posts
    hollyquaiscer likes this.
    ~ New Coupon Binders & Totes coming soon!! Contact me or visit my Etsy shop www.reuseitartsandcrafts.etsy.com ~

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Agreed, it can be frusterating when people place blame on couponers.. I've been blamed for all kinds of things.. one lady cornered me in a grocery store damanding that I throw out my coupons because I cause her husband to lose his job by couponing..
    Personally I think that people who give nasty comments are just jealous :D.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I've had some very similer experiences as you with coupon trading.. So I've started being a train conductor and thats going great!! Right now I have 1 about half-way threw the bunch of people and one starting and one loading (one person so far)..
    I try to be as un-greedy as possible, but I have noticed some threads that are pretty crazy with the boarding pass damands.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

huh? How does couponing lead to people losing their jobs? It gives cashiers jobs because people spend money at the store. It gives factory workers jobs to make more products that people buy with coupons and that people then like and continue buying. Delivery people get jobs to ship those products, as do warehouse people who store the products at distribution centres. It gives marketing people jobs to come up with promotions.

Who LOSES a job? What was her weird logic on this and how do you handle someone that clearly doesn't understand how business works and is confronting you?

Quote Originally Posted by Arianna View Post
    Agreed, it can be frusterating when people place blame on couponers.. I've been blamed for all kinds of things.. one lady cornered me in a grocery store damanding that I throw out my coupons because I cause her husband to lose his job by couponing..
    Personally I think that people who give nasty comments are just jealous :D.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by c_mcarthur View Post
    im so confused?
    I only edited the first post because I hadn't noticed that I accidentally copied the FB posters name....and didn't think it would be appropriate to put on here......that's the only part I changed

I guess maybe I'm just oversensitive.......which is just who I am, lol. The part about her/his post that I really didn't like was the "people like this" comment.....and that they felt the need to post a direct link to an SC'ers profile...........which also raised the question....if they don't trade why were on they on the specific Coupon Trade List section of SC and going through other peoples trade lists?

I think trading is fine....when done responsibly....sure if someone has 50 of the exact same FPCs when it's one per household I can understand the problem......but I never bat an eye if someone just has a couple. I have a friend who signs up for freebies as well.....she generally keeps whatever she wants but will pass anything she's not really interested in along to me because she knows I trade......so sometimes I do end up with 2 of a coupon that was one per household. I also send all the coupons that will expire before I have time to trade them into work with a relative so that they won't go to waste if someone else can use them.

As far as cashiers go....I've had my share of difficult ones, but the VAST majority of them have been great! I guess it goes that way with everything though......MOST couponers will trade and acquire responsibly......a few will not. Too each their own I suppose.
    amandalee76 likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I see where they are coming from, it is really annoying when you log on to these promos to miss them and there are people bragging about how they got 10 then put them on their tradelist with a ridiculously hard wishlist meaning you still cant get one through coupon trading. I see it the same as taking the whole pad from the store and not leaving any for others - if I everyone takes a few and I miss out, so be it, but if one person takes the whole pad which they then trade, but have taken all the pads for all coupons, what is left for others to trade with?
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Banned
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I think you maybe misconstruing their words a little bit. They are referring solely to a free coupon giveaway and nothing else - they say nothing about in-store coupons or anything like that. They don't seem to be against trading in general - at least, not that I can tell! - just the trading of these sorts of promotions and what not.

To anyone who is interested, here is the rest of the comments and not just the initial post they made.

Quote Originally Posted by Some LOLC's Reply
    Couponing and trading has become HUGE.....especially in this economy. This really isn't any different than someone who trades a coupon they've found at a grocery store. They aren't making money or a profit from it.....they can't use it so they're trading/bartering to someone who can. Someone out there who wants it will still get to try it. "People like this" is inclusive of THOUSANDS of people.......and growing.

Quote Originally Posted by OP'S Reply
    There were plenty of individuals on this wall who were angry and upset that they could not get a coupon - going so far as to say they would never buy John Frieda products ever again.

This person was trading 2 coupons, meaning they took 2 coupons from 2 people who may have wanted to try their product. Instead of letting those 2 people try the product for free, those 2 people now to have to pay for stamps and coupons they perhaps wanted to use themselves, just to try a product for free like the company intended.

When I said (people like this) I meant (people who take the opportunity to do what the company intended customers to do and abuse it).

And to the individual who copied my post and splayed my name on That Website, please remove it and talk to me personally here. I did not post my displeasure on that website, I posted it here. If you have a problem, please talk to me here.

As someone who tried desperately hard to get one particular free coupon awhile back, and missed out, I wasn't happy to see people with multiples on their trade lists asking for an arm and a leg. Never said anything, never traded for one - I only have two arms and two legs and I'm keeping them all to myself! - just accepted that I missed out and moved on.

But seeing all the disappointed comments and virulent posts on company's Facebook pages... I so totally 100% see where they are coming from.

Sure, they probably could have chosen a better way to write but eh, maybe they don't realize it comes off in the wrong way.
    xox2010 likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyeste View Post
    I think you maybe misconstruing their words a little bit. They are referring solely to a free coupon giveaway and nothing else - they say nothing about in-store coupons or anything like that. They don't seem to be against trading in general - at least, not that I can tell! - just the trading of these sorts of promotions and what not.

To anyone who is interested, here is the rest of the comments and not just the initial post they made.

As someone who tried desperately hard to get one particular free coupon awhile back, and missed out, I wasn't happy to see people with multiples on their trade lists asking for an arm and a leg. Never said anything, never traded for one - I only have two arms and two legs and I'm keeping them all to myself! - just accepted that I missed out and moved on.

But seeing all the disappointed comments and virulent posts on company's Facebook pages... I so totally 100% see where they are coming from.

Sure, they probably could have chosen a better way to write but eh, maybe they don't realize it comes off in the wrong way.

I NEVER splayed anyones name on this website. Yes, it was included with the initial post but only because I didn't notice that I had copied it along with the FB post. As soon as I finished my post and saw it there I took it down.......IMMEDIATELY....before anyone had seen it. Although the complaint seems a little ironic since I didn't see it as especially "thoughtful" that the FB poster copied and pasted a direct link with the username of a fellow Smart Canuck. As far as I'm aware that member didn't post anything on FB but had their post and username "splayed" all over for everyone to see.

Anyway.....I didn't come here to argue or debate. I vented/ranted and shared my two cents. Life's too short!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information