User Tag List

Page 1441 of 1602 FirstFirst ... 441 941 1341 1391 1431 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1451 1491 1541 ... LastLast
Results 21,601 to 21,615 of 24026
Like Tree10763Likes

Thread: Points And Prizes - Sheknows Words v2

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

thanks for the new word everyone!!!
    Clixsense: http://www.clixsense.com/?3982214
    Neobux: http://www.neobux.com/?r=mariab2000

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

BARISTA worth 100 points good through 5/19/12.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Have a great weekend everyone! DH is making me go up in a bucket truck tonight to get snowfall tubes out of the tree. Better make sure my life insurance is paid up!!!
    zoodle, sk43213 and DramaLamaBBQ like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

BEADED worth 100 points good through 5/20/12.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

thanks for the new words

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank you everyone for the words and effort it takes to find them, check them and post them.

I've not done an update in a bit so I thought I would do so now.

12 days ago I was rushed to the E/R with excruciating ear pain in my left ear. After all was said and done with giving my particulars to the admitting clerk, I was to be seen by the Triage nurse. Well, for starters, normally what would take about 5-10 minutes, at 30 minutes I went up to her (she wasn't doing anything) and reminded her that I hadn't been seen. She said "oh yes, you are S..... K....." I replied "yes and I'm in a lot of pain". She says to give her a few minutes and she will see me. A few minutes turned into an additional 20 minutes! Finally I see her, and we go over my info and I ask if I can please, please have something stronger than over the counter medication as I have already taken Extra Strength Tylenol 500 x2 and they have done nothing! She says she has some Advil, would I like to take it? Given, that I wasn't going to be getting any relief, I figured that it was better than nothing.

I won't bore you with all the details, the 4 hour wait to be seen, or the fact that at the increase in pain, I started rocking back and forth, crying and begging my boyfriend to please make it go away. I try again with the Triage nurse, she says she can't promise anything but she will see what she can do. Oh and that they wanted me to see the Ear Nose and Throat doctor who was with someone and they didn't know how long he would be with that person. I sighed and said ok. Told my boyfriend what I was told and given what we were told, we would do our best to hold out. I debated about going home, to which C said, no! That I was in extreme pain and there was nothing at home that could make this pain go away or reduce it. So we waited, the Triage nurse never came back!

There never was any extra emergency, no (thankfully) accidents that could have prevented the delay in replying to my request for a room to be seen STAT!

C and I figured that obviously people figured I had an earache due to ear wax or something mild like that. We just couldn't get anyone to take us seriously.

Finally at 2am I am called (we registered at 10:27pm) and I think "finally", nope! We were put in an "overflow" room with a 2 chairs. There was a neighbor to me who was also waiting and one of the patients was a toddler and at one point they were getting him ready to so they could draw blood. Well, he screamed over and over and I couldn't take it, I kept hearing this echo in my ear it was so painful. I started doing laps around the emergency room floors, my hand covering my ear, whimpering and in agony.

2 hours!! later in between me asking the Head Nurse if there was an ENT on shift tonight, the answer was NO! That the only doctors on were the 2 on now; which eventually came to 1. I begged and pleaded that the doctor see me, I had other patients willing to wait on their appointment so I could be seen and get out of the pain I was in. Nothing worked.

Finally, its my turn, after a go over by the doc, I have an infection. He puts me on Biaxin 1000mg and I asked him for something for pain and they give me Oxycontin. That stuff is gross! Then on my way home at 415am

Friday morning I woke up and I wasn't any better, we go to my family doctor - long story short - My entire ear is infected and badly. My doctor says it probably started right when I first went to the walk in clinic (which I had done previous to going to the E/R) that doctor said it was wax build up and he wasn't giving me any antibiotics. He recommended some OTC and had me on my way.

So now it is 12 days later and I have 50% improvement. The external canal is healing as I have drops for that w/ the Biaxin. Yet, the middle canal, ear drum and eustachian tube can take up to 3 months to heal. I essentially have torn my ear drum (which my doctor said was covered in puss).

I go back to him this Monday for a further check up.

I have filed complaints with the Walk In Clinic that I went to AND the Hospital I was at. No person should ever have to go through what I did.

Trade List

Click my link below to join Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PrincessBBQ

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Glad you filed complaints and keep at them for results of their investigation ... they like to sweep things under th carpet.

Best to ya!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Claim HOVER for 150 points good thru 4/21/12.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

DramaLamaBBQ - Sorry about your ordeal!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Cesme77 -As always, you're very helpful! Thanks!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by DramaLamaBBQ View Post
    12 days ago I was rushed to the E/R with excruciating ear pain... I have filed complaints with the Walk In Clinic that I went to AND the Hospital I was at. No person should ever have to go through what I did.
    DramaLamaBBQ, I wish you hadn't had to go through all this. Good that you filed complaints! The treatment you received was awful, and worse than nothing, really.... since they didn't treat the real source, the infection. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
    zoodle likes this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Thanks for all the words ya'll...

and user-id, THANKS for that awesome clip of the boy playing the guitar! That was fantastic!!
    BareBottoms

Help struggling parents & babies in need - donate those leftover diapers your baby has outgrown www.BareBottomsOttawa.com

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That's horrible, DramalamaBbq! Glad you are in less pain at least.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for the words. Have a great weekend everyone!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    72 (100%)

Thanks all.

For Amazon, PayPal GC and tons of other stuff
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/kimsdog9098
    https://www.listia.com/signup/87000

Thread Information