User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sportfreunde

Thread: Small hockey rant (because I held back)

Member of rep ho-ing club kelly25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I hate hockey, HATE HOCKEY and I’m Canadian!!!! That’s right a Canadian who hates hockey. Me being Canadian means I have to listen to ppl talk about hockey, see hockey on TV and put-up with ppls obsessions with the ``sport`` this all only making me hate it more. If hockey was a person I’d do some unethical things to it! There… I feel better now.

Name:  21932_293639629551_293624019551_4836646_6342178_n.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  7.1 KB
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I LOVE hockey! So I can't share your pain, sorry.
    NBA playoffs are starting, so you can always watch that instead
    ......SEARCH USING SWAGBUCKS!.....
    ..................EARN $$$ FAST!..................
    .............Join using my referral..............
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/K8sFate

Super Duper Smart Canuck happy_me24's Avatar
    Trading Score
    67 (100%)

I love hockey, LOVE HOCKEY and I'm Canadian!!!! That's right a Canadian who loves hockey. Me being Canadian means I have to listen to ppl talk about hockey, see hockey on TV and put-up with ppls obsessions with the "sport" this all only making me love it more. If hockey was a person I'd do some unethical things to it! There... I feel better now.

Lol....sorry, I had to do it! Especially the line about hockey being a person....haha....didn't realize how it would sound......but I'm keeping it in there.

I really do love hockey, but I totally get how some people can't stand this time of year, especially if you're the only one in your family who doesn't like it and the play-offs are on practically every night! Glad you got it off your chest.....chances are your hockey-loving family and friends would probably look at your like you have three heads if you ranted to them about it!

Member of rep ho-ing club kelly25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by happy_me24 View Post
    I love hockey, LOVE HOCKEY and I'm Canadian!!!! That's right a Canadian who loves hockey. Me being Canadian means I have to listen to ppl talk about hockey, see hockey on TV and put-up with ppls obsessions with the "sport" this all only making me love it more. If hockey was a person I'd do some unethical things to it! There... I feel better now.

Lol....sorry, I had to do it! Especially the line about hockey being a person....haha....didn't realize how it would sound......but I'm keeping it in there.

I really do love hockey, but I totally get how some people can't stand this time of year, especially if you're the only one in your family who doesn't like it and the play-offs are on practically every night! Glad you got it off your chest.....chances are your hockey-loving family and friends would probably look at your like you have three heads if you ranted to them about it!

In your case it sounds dirty

Super Duper Smart Canuck happy_me24's Avatar
    Trading Score
    67 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kelly25 View Post
    In your case it sounds dirty
    Oh, I know ..........that's why it's staying in there lol...

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

I don't HATE hockey, but I don't like it either or love it. I could definitely leave it. Its really just another sport. It's HUUUUUUUGE over here since the WINNIPEG JETS made a comback!!!!!!! I work for TIPS as well, so when everyone's at the JETS game and business is slow, my wallet doesn't get any fatter!!! so that makes me hate that there were games every couple days.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I hate hockey, HATE HOCKEY and I’m Canadian!!!! That’s right a Canadian who hates hockey. Me being Canadian means I have to listen to ppl talk about hockey, see hockey on TV and put-up with ppls obsessions with the ``sport`` this all only making me hate it more. If hockey was a person I’d do some unethical things to it! There… I feel better now.

Oh thank god I'm not the only one!! I'm SO SICK of hearing about hockey. it's even worse living here in Winnipeg where every second word is about the Jets. Seriously, what other sport goes for 10 months of the year? And I've found you NEVER say you hate hockey out loud because there's a lot of people in this country that will seriously scream at you, call you names and call you unpatriotic for not being a hockey fan.

What drove me insane was when the Jets first came back there everything they did for a month was front page news. Literally. You couldn't get away from it. At least now it's pretty much stuck on the sports page and every now and then front page but ughhhhhh! SO sick of hearing about the jets and hockey .. and every time a jet player farts it makes the news! AUGH!

Trust me I so feel your pain!

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

I don't absolutely hate hockey but I could do without so much of the hype around it. The Ottawa Sens were the last team left in the SC final, so the past few weeks have been crazy here.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If you live around the GTA or a city like Windsor then you can get away from the hockey talk. Hockey's my obsession so I wish people I knew would like it but you'll see the contrast in a GTA suburb where only a few houses here or there have a hockey net in the front compared to other places.
    kelly25 likes this.

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I'm disliking hockey tonight while watching St. Louis tank . Awful for them so far.

Small town Ontario is hockey central. I can literally walk out my front door and hear a hockey game being watched at different houses (some watch them in their garage with other neighbours). I love this enthusiasm!
    ......SEARCH USING SWAGBUCKS!.....
    ..................EARN $$$ FAST!..................
    .............Join using my referral..............
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/K8sFate

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I HATE hockey too....I feel your pain

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

I love Hockey & actually have withdrawals all summer lol but got into Football so that helps abit! I dislike Basketball as much as you hate hockey lol Different strokes for different folks i guess

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    59 (100%)

I hate hockey as well. I hate hearing it on the radio, tv and watching it.
    usually my bf will go to his dads to watch it but some days he will watch it at home while I pout and browse sc.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    180 (100%)

Oh thank heavens somebody finally said it. I calld it the 'friggin sport that never ends' because it's EVERYWHERE here, ALL THE TIME, and in the summer, when it should be over, no, there's HOCKEY CAMP and HOCKEY FANTASY LEAGUE PLANNING and BLAH YUCK GASP GAG.

I understand the game. I like lots of other sports. I even thought, 'well maybe it's one of those like it better in person' things, so I went and I still hated it, plus I was FREEZING. I tried. I really really tried.
    Raisin cookies that look like chocolate chip cookies are one of the main reasons I have trust issues.

Thread Information