• 2 Post By carlyincanada
  • 1 Post By madnecromancer
  • 1 Post By carleigh
  • 1 Post By anisa

Thread: SDM makeup sales

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi,

I originally posted this in the Beauty section but I guess I might get a response here.

I usually don't shop at SDM but I heard they carry Lise Watier and I really want to get one foundation that just came out but its really pricey so I was wondering if anyone could fill me up on how often SDM has cosmetics sales and if they have special promotions usually or do we get anything for spending around $50 (aside from Optimum points)

I would love any help.

Thanks
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess, Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

If you spend $50 this week you get a $10 gift card
    madnecromancer likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I think they sometimes have giftsets or gifts with purchase. They do sometimes have special 18,500 points wus $75 on beauty products, or special redemption days for beauty items, even some where you can redeem 80,000 points for $200. They sometimes have bonus point coupons for cosmetics/fragrances in Glow magazine. I think the current one has coupons for Smashbox and one brand of perfume. Sometimes specific items go on for 10x the points and you can combine it with a 20x day.

Not all SDMs carry all premium brands, though. You may need to buy a BeautyBoutique store.

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

My SDM has Lise Watier (one of my favs!) & they gave me a couple samples of 12hr Glam flawless complexion to try out (5ml tube/about 4-5 uses...& I love it!! Its about $45 i think, but will wait to get it on a bonus redemption day!! So ask for Samples to try first....as stated above they sometimes have promos for 10x wus XX amount on Lise Watier or the 20x days or this weekend May 05 is 18,500 points wus $75 on cosmetics/fragrance (as posted on another thread).

Lise Watier has an awesome new fragrance Vent Du Sud (green bottle, strange name lol) $55 & lotion (i forget the price) that I'd love to get, lol. Spray some on when you go to SDM , haha

Check out the LiseWatier.com site for more info & pics! Also the eyeshadows (duo or loose powders & quads are amazing!) I'm hooked on LW & Smashbox,
    Last edited by carlyincanada; Wed, May 2nd, 2012 at 02:09 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks everyone that helps a lot! Carly thanks for the advice...I thought they wouldn't give me samples since I'm not a regular customer or they've never seen me. I know some of the ladies at these counters tend to squash the noobs asking for samples lol....I'd die for a sample though, considering its so expensive.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Do you think I'd look better if I used the expensive cosmetics, Carly? I bought a Smashbox lipstick one day and actually liked the smoothness and staying power of Cover Girl lipstick better! I actually really like the CG Simply Ageless foundation as well! I got a big Smashbox brush free last year when I bought someone a gift set. It's kind of nice, but some of the prices seem pretty crazy. Are some products more worth it than others? Are there any less expensive products that you think are similar in quality to the expensive ones?

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by madnecromancer View Post
    Hi,

I originally posted this in the Beauty section but I guess I might get a response here.

I usually don't shop at SDM but I heard they carry Lise Watier and I really want to get one foundation that just came out but its really pricey so I was wondering if anyone could fill me up on how often SDM has cosmetics sales and if they have special promotions usually or do we get anything for spending around $50 (aside from Optimum points)

I would love any help.

Thanks
    T
    There is 20x points starting Saturday May 5 running all week, when you spend $75.
    carlyincanada likes this.

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by madnecromancer View Post
    Thanks everyone that helps a lot! Carly thanks for the advice...I thought they wouldn't give me samples since I'm not a regular customer or they've never seen me. I know some of the ladies at these counters tend to squash the noobs asking for samples lol....I'd die for a sample though, considering its so expensive.
    ==============

It never hurts to ask the cosmetic ladies for samples....they work on commission so it would be wise of them to let you try them....also you could call ahead & make an appointment to actually try the product instore...our ladies here do it all the time...a mini makeover, lol

I go to all the Gala events when SDM has them ...$10 for ticket, makeover (smashbox, LiseWatier etc) & a goodie bag of samples to take home & $5off your purchase. Its fun! & door prizes too!

Good luck!

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Minou View Post
    Do you think I'd look better if I used the expensive cosmetics, Carly? I bought a Smashbox lipstick one day and actually liked the smoothness and staying power of Cover Girl lipstick better! I actually really like the CG Simply Ageless foundation as well! I got a big Smashbox brush free last year when I bought someone a gift set. It's kind of nice, but some of the prices seem pretty crazy. Are some products more worth it than others? Are there any less expensive products that you think are similar in quality to the expensive ones?
    =====================

I'm sure you look great! but I swear by Smashbox & Lise Watier eyeshadows are the best I've ever used...good quality & staying power & look amazing...I always use an eyelid primer before applying eyeshadow (i prefer Lise Watier..but have tried Smashbox too).
    OK they do cost alot thats for sure but I do the 20x days (buy groceries etc) & use my bonus redemptions to treat myself to the GOOD stuff, haha

I do agree, I actually like CG lipsticks better than Smashbox & Lise Watier are good but alot more money. Oh how I wish they did that 50x on CG again like last year!! haha Bought a ton of lipsticks from CG hehe.

Yes, I got the FREE Smashbox brush last promo too...blush brush i think...& have the angled eyeliner one too....but for everyday use I use Quo brushes (set) & they are just as nice & alot less expensive ...buy them when on sale 40% off!!

The Smashbox line has alot of Kits with eyeshadow palettes, blush, mascara etc that i find are a good value ( i have several, lol) & Lise Watier sometimes has kits too...got one at Christmas it had JLo on the box. Neutral shade with eye pencil, blush, mascara.
    Also got the Red box Christmas palette with 45 eyeshadows & it was well worth $65!! I paid that one lol (no points).

For mascara I use Benefit There Real $29 (AMAZING!!) & get so many compliments! 2nd best is Smashbox Full Exposure....not crazy over Lise Watier mascara but have tried them.

I've tried just about every line SDM carrys lol...Revlon, Quo, Loreal etc but I favs are Lise Watier & Smashbox now....just have to experiment with what you like...so ask the cosmetic ladies to do a makeover on you to try them out first.

OK I think I wrote a novel LOL....anymore questions just lmk...happy to share!!

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

One more...for Foundation I use Smashbox Tinted Moisturizer & now trying out the Lise Watier 12hr flawless...also use BB cream by Garnier (really nice too). I use the Quo foundation brush that looks like a flat paint brush, haha goes on nicely...here's a tip I learnt at Gala... squeeze the product on the top of your hand & pick up with brush than apply!

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Thanks, Carly! I wish they'd have another deal like that on CG, too! I bought a full year's worth of what I normally use in that brand! I do have a set of the Quo brushes. I picked them up after Christmas in 2010 when they were 50% off. I thought $30 for the set was pretty good!

I'll have to look into Lise Watier. Maybe they'll have some kind of kit out when I'm next redeeming points. Covergirl eyeshadow definitely does not have much pigment.

My skin is very fair (and it tends toward pink, so I always need one of the lightest shades of foundation), so the BB cream was really not for me. I find that any kind of bronzer or darker makeup just makes my face look muddy and unnatural. I don't tan well, either, so I guess I'm not meant to wear that look! Oh, to be a medium-complexioned brunette!

I've never been able to wear mascara. No matter what I do, I end up with my top and bottom eyelashes sticking together (I only put the mascara on the top), and a series of dots of mascara about half a centimetre under my eye. I feel like a Pierrot clown! It happens whether I apply it or have makeup professionally applied. I'm truly mascara challenged! (If you have any idea what's causing me these problems, let me know!) I'm thankful that I have decent black eyelashes! I normally just wear a little bit of eyeliner.

Thanks for the information! I'll have to overcome my shyness about looking at the premium cosmetics! Last time I bought something there with my points, I was shocked by all the women buying hundreds of dollars of cosmetics with their own money! And the things they were buying fit in their two hands!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Minou View Post
    it is surprising how many good, even fantastic, product are out there that are much less money. even stuff that we can use coupons on!
    Minou likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Thread Information