User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By YourMoneyMentor

Thread: Couponing in the states

Trading Score
    110 (100%)

Expired on: Fri, Sep 21st, 2012
    I always go to the states a few times in the summer and I like to do shopping.

I have done a bit of research myself but I am wondering..

Where do you get your coupons from when you go to the states??

Also, Are you able to stack coupons? Where? And what store is the best to shop at?

I usually go to Grand Forks, sometimes Fargo.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I always go to customer service at the store I am shopping at and get the flyer. They usually have good coupons in there. I usually check the flyer online before I go to see where the deals are at. I make a list of what I want at each store. I also print coupons off of Smartsource and Redplum. I go to the states at least once a week as I live 10 mins from the boarder.
    WHEN'S THE LAST TIME YOUR SEARCH ENGINE $$$ PAID YOU TO USE THEIR SERVICE? Start today by clicking this link and unsubscribe anytime but I don't know why you would...: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/MoneyMentor

EBATES: http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referr...dUHgf%2BNxE%3D

Trading Score
    110 (100%)

I wish I lived so close! Haha.

Which stores do you usually go to?
    Last edited by kkuchma; Thu, May 3rd, 2012 at 02:29 PM.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It's great living so close especially with our dollar at Par. I have a Fred Meyer card and use my points to get $ off of gas. I filled up last night for $0.95 per litre!!! Celebrating Cinco De Mayo on Saturday. (Any reason to have a party...) and a case of 12 Corona is only $11.99. Over $30 in Canada! At the boarder here they allow small amounts of alcohol with no duty. Yippee!!!
    Peachykeen2007 likes this.
    WHEN'S THE LAST TIME YOUR SEARCH ENGINE $$$ PAID YOU TO USE THEIR SERVICE? Start today by clicking this link and unsubscribe anytime but I don't know why you would...: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/MoneyMentor

EBATES: http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referr...dUHgf%2BNxE%3D

Trading Score
    110 (100%)

Wow! good work!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    254 (100%)

most of the coupons in states come from the Sunday newspaper, if you have someone in states ask them to keep the coupons for you, i love shopping in CVS and Rite aid, hiptosave is a great site to look for match ups

my trade list and wishlist, check it out, tons of tearpads
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/365260-...ensure-canada/

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

You can also use the site couponmom.com, I use it all the time, easy to use, great printables as well. Check online with the stores you want to go with and it will give you their coupon policy. I'm taking a few grandchildren to Florida this summer and have already started collecting coupons I will use for our food for the 2 weeks we are there (we rented a condo). The store I will use allows their own coupons to be used along with any manufacturers coupon. Most stores don't stack, but they will on occasion do double or triple coupon days. You can find out all that info online.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Princess of Paying Less katie333's Avatar
    Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I coupon in the States at least once a month. Agree that couponmom is the easiest source for the match ups. Also, I am able to buy the US paper in my home (Canadian) town so I research what will be in there and pick up a few papers as I like.

Also sign up for all the store loyalty cards, as sometimes these are required in order to get the best deals (places like Kroger, meijer, Rite Aid, CVS etc all have these). I always research my deals in advance and make up detailed lists.

is another good site and I find their forums are particularly helpful on getting the deals and also understanding which stores will double coupons or allow stacking. I've never come across a store (where I primarily go) that will allow stacking in the traditional sense. However, most stores will allow a store coupon + a manufacturers coupon. Technically the store coupon is just another way of putting the item out for 'sale' so that doesn't always mean it's a super deal.

I also search out tear pads and products with coupons on them while I am there.
    Last edited by katie333; Wed, May 9th, 2012 at 04:46 PM.
    Kate

Have a question about cross border coupon shopping? PM me!
    Earn free GC and more with Swagbucks!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Not sure where you guys all shop.. as diff areas, diff stores. I usually check out pilsbury, betty crocker, walmart printable coupons. Usually have the same coupons. Some of the stores that I shop at I have signed up to have their flyers e-mailed. Wish I could get my hands on more coupons though! haha

Thread Information