User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: b1g1 safeway

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

Just curious anybody tried doing the b1g1 with the sale and the coupon on the panten and windex at safeway if you have any problems? maybe i should phone first? Just doesn't sound right, i get it tho the manufacture buys the first one and the store buys the second. Just a little unsure about it.
    This thread is currently associated with: Safeway

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

Nope sorry

Trading Score
    92 (100%)

I've never tried it, not sure where the "buy one" part is. lol
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avrose
    Check out Tangerine with my Orange Key!! 40411099S1

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)

It works. I didn't think it would either but I went in and gave it a shot to see and they accepted it. I will admit I was a little stunned! LOL!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I tried at the Safeway at Tuexedo yesterday after work and was denied!! I won't be trying that again, I was so embarrassed.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollym81 View Post
    I tried at the Safeway at Tuexedo yesterday after work and was denied!! I won't be trying that again, I was so embarrassed.
    Oh don't feel bad, its like any other couponing experience, there is always the risk you will get denied even with perfectly legit coupons. I think the main thing is you tried because if you don't try you'll never 'win' and my mom tried it at a different Safeway from the one I went to and she was denied too so it is definitely hit and miss.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

okay so yes agreed hit and miss going to phone the manager tomorrow and see what he/she says
    Last edited by peanie; Wed, May 9th, 2012 at 03:28 PM.

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

I live in Ontario and had no problems using the B1G1 for the pantene shampoo/conditioner. In fact the cashier said to me "great score" when she finished the transaction!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Ok - so I'm a little confused. The only windex coupong that I have is buy 2 Save $2.00 - are these the coupons that you are referring to. I was wondering if these could be used with the bogo - therefore only paying roughly $2.00 for the 2 bottles - maybe I'm thinking about this the wrong way! Anybody have any idea if this may work?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by chappie View Post
    Ok - so I'm a little confused. The only windex coupong that I have is buy 2 Save $2.00 - are these the coupons that you are referring to. I was wondering if these could be used with the bogo - therefore only paying roughly $2.00 for the 2 bottles - maybe I'm thinking about this the wrong way! Anybody have any idea if this may work?
    there was a windex coupon for BOGO in an early smartsource this year. It was on the cover.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    174 (100%)

a couple of weeks ago I went to safeway and used a mini wheats coupon combined with a sale and air miles coupon. The cashier was super excited for me (she told me she coupons too). she then told me make sure you hold on to your bogo coupons and wait for a sale. So today I went to that same safeway and used my bogo windex and a few bogo pantene to get it for just tax If she hadn't mentioned it, I probably wouldn't have even tried.
    LF: kashi from websaver and 50 cents any cereal printout
    FT: Mann's veg and more! Check out my tradelist/wishlist

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avrose View Post
    I've never tried it, not sure where the "buy one" part is. lol
    Exactly. You aren't even buying one. You are applying the "get one free" part on a free item already. It's no shocker that some safeways won't allow that. I tried it just for the sake of trying it and it worked, probably because the cashier didn't know that it was already bogo. But it's worked for other people, so hey. May as well try it out. If they say to you, well you can't use a bogo free on a bogo free already, which makes total sense. How would you argue your way out of that one. Even with telling them well, the manufacuer pays for one and you pay for the other. Still doesn't make sense, to me anyway, because you aren't "buying one" to get one free.

Coupon Queenie #376
    Trading Score
    37 (100%)

So which stores were a success then, i got to use mine on regent area but they were reluctant too...gonna go try a different one tonite in my area.

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

I'd rephrase that to: "which cashiers made it a successful outcome?" lol.

Winnipeg Airmiler
    Trading Score
    215 (100%)

I agree, to be honest I don't go in and just buy the B1G1 items, I also buy some other stuff (with coupons) lol, of course, and I use a few FPC coupons as well (usually ones that get me airmiles), and I get in line and hand them to them with the products as it makes it easier for the staff. I give them my club card at the end with the email direct coupons and they put them through.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information