User Tag List

View Poll Results: Would you join an online lottery pool if you were convinced it was legitimate?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 8.33%
  • No

11 91.67%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Expired
    Would you join an online Lottery Pool if you were convinced it was legitimate and the lottery pool did not charge any fees. That is, all money collected was used to buy tickets and all wins were dispersed evenly.

Also interested in learning of your reasons for and against.

Thanks.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I posted about a lottery pool deal in this forum last week. It was expired by a moderator after a couple of hours claiming there was no interest. I posted the poll in the same forum to gage if there is in fact interest.

The deal is available again this week but decided to go with the poll first.

Good luck.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Do you work for a marketing company? If I know what is for, I'd answer honestly
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

seriously? Again??...all your posts are about this online lottery pool? What gives??
    Can't say enough good things about Swagbucks & iRazoo ...Click the link to join too

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by ex0ticb3lla View Post
    seriously? Again??...all your posts are about this online lottery pool? What gives??
    We all have our hobbies.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    Do you work for a marketing company? If I know what is for, I'd answer honestly
    No, I do not work for a marketing company. It is not a special lottery. Just the normal ones run by Canadian lottery corporations like Ontario Lottery and Gaming and BC Lottery, etc.

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mario38 View Post
    Would you join an online Lottery Pool if you were convinced it was legitimate and the lottery pool did not charge any fees. That is, all money collected was used to buy tickets and all wins were dispersed evenly.

Also interested in learning of your reasons for and against.

Thanks.
    No interest.
    Reason - the mods already said no.

update:
    OmG! Wasted my 1000th post in this thread lol!
    Last edited by K8's Fate; Mon, May 14th, 2012 at 08:42 PM. Reason: update
    ......SEARCH USING SWAGBUCKS!.....
    ..................EARN $$$ FAST!..................
    .............Join using my referral..............
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/K8sFate

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mario38 View Post
    We all have our hobbies.
    but you haven't contributed to SC in any one of your posts, except to continually post about this lottery pool, even after mods tell you there's no interest!
    Can't say enough good things about Swagbucks & iRazoo ...Click the link to join too

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

but you haven't contributed to SC in any one of your posts, except to continually post about this lottery pool, even after mods tell you there's no interest!
    The contribution I am trying to make is to inform people of the $5 billion they spend on lotteries every year, there are good deals and not so good deals. There are not too many products in Canada that generate sales of over $5 billion per year.

Good luck.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by K8's Fate View Post
    No interest.
    Reason - the mods already said no.
    +1, 000, 000

One pf the mods as already asked you to stop posting about this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

Def. not interested. As far as i see it your the one that benefits the most out of it or you def. would not be doing it.

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

really trying to do b/g info on this and the more i see the fisher it seems.... posted in another forum(cant post as they are a comp. site) i found the op say

"The following is the current status of the five groups buying tickets for the January 2 Lotto 649 $36 million jackpot draw.

Group A1 is buying 175 tickets. There are 35 shares in the group and 37 shares still available. The cost is $10 per share."

i understand this as there are (35+37) 72 shares @ cost of $10 a share = $720

Now the cost of 175 tickets for 6/49 @ $2 a ticket =$350

now for the math $720-$350= $370

So it seems that someone is profiting nicely from this no matter if the lottery is being won or not, thus the reason for promoting this. Reminder this is calculations for 1 group. Op mentions there are 10? $370x 10 = $3700 (thats a nice income)

correct me if i am wrong
    Last edited by dariusz8; Mon, May 14th, 2012 at 09:07 PM.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jul 21st, 2013 at 11:41 AM.

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    WARNING: if you are going to engage in group play with ANYONE, you should receive a copy of the ticket signed by the group purchaser IN TRUST and a copy of the group play form.

This means Mario38 would have to pay copy and postage costs for all people to receive a copy of these materials by express mail before the draw date. Mario38, you're picking up the $10 per person to courier this stuff out? You are going to be out of pocket for quite a bit! How do you expect to cover these costs? I mean, really.

Without the copy of the ticket and group play form, players have 0% consumer protection.

I would like to point out to people if someone is collecting on the ticket IN TRUST for you and others, you should probably know and trust them. Know their name, where they live, and enough info for you or the cops to be able to track them down if something goes wrong.

There are enough stories in the papers about group play gone wrong - and this among friends and coworkers. Why get screwed by a total stranger?
    I seriously couldn't like this statement enough LOL

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by dariusz8 View Post
    really trying to do b/g info on this and the more i see the fisher it seems.... posted in another forum(cant post as they are a comp. site) i found the op say

"The following is the current status of the five groups buying tickets for the January 2 Lotto 649 $36 million jackpot draw.

Group A1 is buying 175 tickets. There are 35 shares in the group and 37 shares still available. The cost is $10 per share."

i understand this as there are (35+37) 72 shares @ cost of $10 a share = $720

Now the cost of 175 tickets for 6/49 @ $2 a ticket =$350

now for the math $720-$350= $370

So it seems that someone is profiting nicely from this no matter if the lottery is being won or not, thus the reason for promoting this. Reminder this is calculations for 1 group. Op mentions there are 10? $370x 10 = $3700 (thats a nice income)

correct me if i am wrong
    You are 100% wrong in your calculations and assumptions. All ticket transactions are clearly documented on the website for anyone to review and verify.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information