User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: My couponing skills could take me to Fort Worth, Texas or a month or so. OMG

Trading Score
    62 (100%)

My son and his wife live in Texas and on his Mothers Day call last night me mentioned I should go down there for a month or so. He has talked about that before. Now, I had thought about it before but I don't have any money to do that and I would not be wanting to spend all that time down there with no money or nothing to do. I would absolutely love the idea of couponing down there but I wouldn't be able to take much home on a plane.

Well, last night he made me an offer or suggestion; "Maybe you would want to come down and do some couponing for us". I am thinking that would be so awesome; getting to spend time with them and being able to enjoy the adventure of all the stores and all the coupons down there. In my mind, I could see me wanting to make them a stockpile, lol. I would also feel that I was paying my way and doing what I love to do; shopping & couponing.

I live by myself in a bachelor type appartment and I can't make much of a stockpile. I get a lot of things for my kids but I give it to them mostly when I get it. One of my regrets is that I wasn't couponing when my kids were living with me and making our own stockpile.

UP Date : Well, I am just made it down here yesterday and I am so looking forward to seeing all the deals I can find. It's so exciting. If anyone had any ideas or suggestions, they would be much appreciated as I have never used a coupon in the US before

I am so excited about this I just had to share. I guess we can never know just where coupons can take us.
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess
    Last edited by Judyhill; Wed, Apr 24th, 2013 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Up dating

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Now that's one nice vacation offer!
    Great idea to make them a stockpile.
    Some of the US coupon opportunities are better than ours. For example, Walmart.com and Target.com have coupons on their sites.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    199 (100%)

How wonderful!! You do a fabulous job of it here in Canada and I think you'll do as good and better there. Do let us know how it goes.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

sweet deal/offer all the way around for them and you!
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    59 (100%)

What a cute offer
    you get a nice vacation and you're helping them out a ton :D
    RRLF Kellogg's pins for free breakfast
    http://superpoints.com/bonus/7grsj4 (BONUS 50 points for joining!!!)

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

that is so awesome.....I think that is one offer you cannot refuse.....a stockpile made out of love.....your son and wife will love it.....so go and enjoy your trip......this is for sure a very nice brag......

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Check out WeUseCoupons.com - similar forum to this one. You'll need to line up your sources for coupons.
    Check out my InnovativePassiveIncome.com blog and learn about making money online. or see this collection of 4 best coupon organizing system videos.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

That's very nice! Enjoy your trip! Try coupons.com, couponmom and couponbug. They have lots of good printables. Just ignore those crappy "buy 5, save 0.50 cents" ones and go for the good ones lol
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Rika
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

start collecting coupons now by getting some sent to your sons address....

Trading Score
    62 (100%)

Thank you so much everyone. He wants me to go down this summer but I'm really thinking I would like to go after Christmas like in January. I would love to get away from the cold old Januarys we have here in the maritimes. I was down there in August a couple of years ago and it was so, so hot. I have MS too and me and the heat like that don't get along so well. I'm really thinking January would be perfect if it would be ok with them.

I am just so excited about it. I just loved it down there and my daughter in laws family are all just awesome. It is just so many good things all wrapped up in one. And if I wait until January, I will have something to look forward to all summer and lots of time to get myself prepared regarding couponing down there.

Junior Canuck couponlovingcanuck's Avatar
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Oooo what a fun trip! I would love trying to coupon in US! I would imagine its way easier just scanning the coupons and not having to depend on whatever mood the cashier is in to accept the coupon or not!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Oh you will love couponing in the USA. The possibilities are endless and there are no hassels at checkout. I was there in March chaperoning 50 kids and the savings were amazing. Familiarize yourself with the different store policies so you maximize your savings. Get yourself on one of those US coupon forums like this one and you will be surprised at how everyone reaches out to help (just like here). Inserts seem to be the key to great savings so possibly have your family gather some up for you?

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

That sounds like a fun way to spend time with the family. I lived in texas for a year with dh, and I got pretty homesick not seeing my family regularly.

Like vjjam says get yourself on a US coupon forum, including the coupons on swagbucks where they pay you to use coupons, I would even coupon fairy these. You'll want to know all the U.S. rules for the local stores. Also figure out what your son wants in his stockpile, no point spending even a penny on something if he wont use it.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

WTG judy. when I go to texas in the winter months, I find the best site for me is couponmom.com This site matches the stores in your specific area with the sales in that area. It also has all the printable coupons and great freebies. Best of luck to you and enjoy. Texas is a beautiful state, I love it there.
    RedEng likes this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

That is great! I think it would be great for you to go down spend some much needed family time and of course coupon and help save them some money! I hope you go and show Texas how Canadian's coupon .
    Judyhill likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information