User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Sunless Tanning Lotion - have we discussed them yet?:

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I am super pale, as in look blueish white sometimes. I enjoy being pale most of the time. If I want a touch of color, the only thing that worked for me was the Dove moisturizer with tanner in it. It gave a nice gradual tan and it smelled so good.

I tried the tan towels (made me orange), body shop tanning creme (which made me smell like carrots), and jergens (hated the smell and made me orange).
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I tried the Jergens when it first came out. All that happened was I went from white to off white lol Plus the smell made my allergies go crazy. I like to hold babies, they are the only ones that make me look tanned I burn really easily so I lather on sun screen and stay white. I went to Costco when they had the skin damanged camera. No skin damaged but under neath the white my entire face is just freckles
    matrix82 and Shwa Girl like this.
    One by one, the penguins slowly steal my sanity

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

So I was wrong, it's not Australian Gold, it's California Tan. Here's what it looks like:

Name:  10543723-1319722597-113881.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  8.5 KB

Great stuff.
    ~*~I take proofreading, writing, and lettering commissions~*~
    ~*~Send me a private message for details!~*~

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Whoot to not having skin damage . I am possibly a similar color to you
    Shwa Girl likes this.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Trading Score
    205 (100%)

I tried the Jergens from the samplesource and I can't stand the smell of it! I guess it would be fine if it worked great in one application but you have to wear it every day to build up a tan. I don't care for it at all I have seen good online reviews about Banana Boat Summer Colours but I haven't found it in stores yet. I wonder if it is a USA only product?
    I am looking for quick trades for my pre-surgery stock up!

Updated TL/WL HERE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Okay so I went downtown a few days ago to see what was in stores for sunless tanning. All Walmart had was Jergen's (which I dislike) and Olay. I bought the Olay (half the price of Jergen's) and it's wonderful!!! It smells lovely and is quite moisturizing! So far its turning me a nice light tan - no orange! I read on another forum that to easily remove the darker tanning from areas like elbows, knees and ankles, lightly rub with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. I tried that on my ankle and it worked great but my friend used it on a couple areas and it BURNED her! She has some really dark red spots now and she said it stung for about 1/2 hour, just like a burn! I DON'T recommend using this method of removing the sunless tanner!
    matrix82 likes this.
    Check out my Trade/Wish List here:
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/273700-...-lists-canada/

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kelsie94 View Post
    Okay so I went downtown a few days ago to see what was in stores for sunless tanning. All Walmart had was Jergen's (which I dislike) and Olay. I bought the Olay (half the price of Jergen's) and it's wonderful!!! It smells lovely and is quite moisturizing! So far its turning me a nice light tan - no orange! I read on another forum that to easily remove the darker tanning from areas like elbows, knees and ankles, lightly rub with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. I tried that on my ankle and it worked great but my friend used it on a couple areas and it BURNED her! She has some really dark red spots now and she said it stung for about 1/2 hour, just like a burn! I DON'T recommend using this method of removing the sunless tanner!
    I'll have to scope out the Olay and give it a shot! I like the tan that the Jergens leaves, but the smell is so overpowering....and I found that if I was ever sweaty it easily came off on my clothes or sheets.....and stained. I've had that with other self tanners though too. If I'm using them I make sure to put really dark sheets on my bed because I've wrecked a few pairs of my light ones :S

As far as taking tanner off certain areas I usually use lemon juice and white or brown sugar. It takes a little bit of work but I'd rather take my time than scrub my skin like crazy and end up with big red scuff marks all over myself! lol

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My favourite is the Neutrogena Build-a-Tan.

I usually just use it in the winter on face and neck. I've had people ask why I look 'tanned'. I asked my husband too if I looked orange when I first used it and he told me no (the brand I tried before, I looked orange).
    Want Free Gift Cards? Join me at SWAGBUCKS!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/bekki3

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

I have tried Jergens twice now and both times it turned my an unnatural colour... I am pretty pale, especially my legs, so self tanners just don't seem to work for me. I might check out that California tan stuff to see if it works. I want a natural coloured tan - not an obvious you used self tanner type of tan lol.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kelsie94 View Post
    I was going to suggest the Olay, I just purchased a bottle of it myself. My legs NEVER get tanned, doesn't matter, they always stay quite white. So I only use it on my legs.
    If you want to remove the tanner, use Lemon Juice & salt....and rub on the area you need to fix or remove the tanner.
    And make sure to exfoliate before putting the tanner on, and moisturize. I know the Olay says it is a moisturizer, but I still go the extra step and put some lotion on my legs, wait about an hour, then apply the Olay.
    If you don't exfoliate the tanner is just going onto dead skin cells on your legs and will flake off pretty quickly. And also try to use it on a day that you didn't shave. Otherwise you might get little speckles of darker tanning where the tanner has collected in the pores where hair used to be...lol
    matrix82 likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have tried Jergens twice now and both times it turned my an unnatural colour.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information