User Tag List

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning. Someone told me Walmart will be taking over Rona in Summerside. Since I take all with a grain of salt till i see it in writing for myself or hear it by more reliable sources or repeatedly, does anyone know what, if anything, is happenning to Rona Summerside?

Here's an article in the Globe and mail stating Rona is looking get rid of some of some big stores in Ontario. http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe...rticle2346864/

It basically says 10 of the superstores in Ontario will be cut and predictions are they could be taken over by Target, Walmart, and Lowes.

I can't say I've ever seen many folks shopping at Rona so I wouldn't be surprised if it was one store to go. I think it could be a good location for something I hope is useful to me. It's a reasonable location for me to get to. South London needs a better walmart (never been to a Target) but they'd have to rebuild. We are also missing a Superstore in this end.
    This thread is currently associated with: Lowe's, Real Canadian Superstore RCSS, Rona, Target, Walmart

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

well considering Zellers(Northland Mall) is turning into a Walmart.. not sure y we would need 3 in the east end/south end. As far as it happening.. we shall see, I have a GC from there I better use before it moves LOL as they are the only one who will honor the price of the item I found.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Princess of Paying Less katie333's Avatar
    Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Well that Rona never seems busy when I drive by it and while I have shopped there twice both times it was to get something specific with an AirMiles related promo.

So while I don't have any answers to the question, I wouldn't be surprised if it turned into something other than Rona.
    Kate

Have a question about cross border coupon shopping? PM me!
    Earn free GC and more with Swagbucks!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The only Walmart south of Dundas is the White Oaks Mall one, which is the smallest, poorly stocked, and missing brands and types other Walmarts sell. I once had to ask someone if there was any white paper in the back of any brand. It's too small to have reasonable stock on the shelf nor in the back. It takes me over 1hr to get to the Argyle one by bus- one way. Northland would be easier to access because it's just one bus from some southern areas, but it's still across town.

I'll let you know when I locate any more sourced info.

Thread Information