User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Coupon Thief Strikes again in Brantford

it Is what it is
    Trading Score
    60 (100%)

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/itsjill

Do you need glasses? No coverage at work! Great Glasses here http://www.clearlycontacts.ca/refer/8579776678

addismom
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I think it is great to still post to members, or even text to involved and valid members, because it is next to impossible to find anything. I do also pick up for a couple SCs and my mom (ocasionally). Of course it depends what it is, and if we are looking for it, or already have it. With the line of communication cut off, it is really hurting all of us. I used to find if I got a post their was some coupons available then I had a really good chance to get some and still others. Now I have no idea and with many of us having young kids, some of us that dont drive, some single moms and some with medical disabilities and their kids, we cannot go store to store looking for a coupon as often as some others. To me if we are worried about non subscribed ppl seeing our posts about what coupons we are finding, can we make it a specific private one who goes to the SC that we have picked from our area that we have worked/traded etc with before and had positive results with. I do think it should stay within Brantford area SC.. AS it is already so hard to get any. one more step could be we make a list of what types of coupons each person does not want, and what ones are very inportant to them. ex-baby items.. Then if there isnt many left in the tear pad, one can look on their phone see the list and get some for them as well. Basically a very well organized group of local members who have wrked togethre for awhile and work togther to help eachother. So many ways to do this, just thk easier if we all meet to discuss it..Any thoughts

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well I do not think that the coupon thief looks at these threads. I posted about the OFF coupons a while ago and was at Crappy Tire yesterday and most of them were still there.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

I actually believe now that it is not one person stealing the tear pads...I believe it is several people who are getting the coupons......the one morning I was at FB and and there was some left on tear pads and later I went back with my SIL and there was still some...the next day there was still some but a a lot less....if there was a tear pad thief they would be taking the whole thing.....I am staring to think that there are more and more people using coupons....yes there some selfish tear pad thiefs out there, but I do not think that is just why they are all going quick....Also I have noticed when I am shoping there are a lot of people who are using coupons....I mean there are lots....I also talked to the cosmetics lady at SDM on King George and she told me there was one woman in there who always complains about people taking coupons and she told me that same woman came in as soon as the Nexxus coupons were in and took everyone one of them..lol....I asked her why they do not say something and she said they are not allowed to because there are no rules for taking them....that is sad....she also told me this woman always carries a binder with her with coupons, which leads me to believe the person who took the Nexxus ones was not someone selling the coupons on E-Bay but someone who coupons on a regular basis..

it Is what it is
    Trading Score
    60 (100%)

Agree or disagree with me that's fine Thats my experience.
    Last edited by itsjill; Mon, May 21st, 2012 at 07:32 AM.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/itsjill

Do you need glasses? No coverage at work! Great Glasses here http://www.clearlycontacts.ca/refer/8579776678

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

There is someone local who does seminars and has had full tear pads on her, so there is someone stealing tear pads. It may not be all of them, but still the good ones.
    Hey if you are wanting to earn easy money or prizes,
    http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=2800789

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

I have never heard of anyone doing seminars...if someone is doing this and using full tear pads, they should be reported

addismom
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I dont know about the seminars but I was told about a person who "teaches" coupon classes for a fee, and what she is teaching is how to use coupons wrong and scam Walmart. This is a local in Brantford. Just screwed up..
    helina.lewis likes this.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

I guess I am different from most people.....I do not pay a whole lot of attention to things people say and usually only pay attention to things I know for sure....the one thing I know for sure is the selling of coupons on E-Bay happens.....I do not agree with this practice at all and even started a petition wanting E-Bay to ban this practice....that is a fact something I know..I also know that when stories are started about someone who is teaching people to committ fraud using coupons at Walmart that this causes negative reactions in the community about couponers....I find it very unlikley that anyone could be teaching how to committ fraud at Walmart....No matter what coupons the person had they would not be able to pull that off very well....for one thing everytime anyone does any transaction at the registers it is all monitored by video security....the other thing is each receipt has the register number so the transaction can be pulled at any time and reviewed....I am aslo very sure that Walmart would be very diligent in making sure this was not happening.....so I beleive that all the stories we hear are just that, stories....I do believe we have selfish people but they are not getting all the coupons all the time....I do know for a fact that on each set of tear pads there are 100 coupons....if you put them in a grocery store and you have only 20 people take 5 each that pad is gone....so even with out pad hogs they do not last very long...but hey that is only my opinion

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Well I saw her with full pads at the Momepenure Show in Brantford where she was promoting her coupon business. She does 1h for $25 or a group for $100.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

then she should be reported...because the selling of coupons in Canada is illegal

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

or people should show up at her seminars and let her know that she is wrong for doing this.....I also know for a fact that most people who teach seminars use expired tear pads......there is one woman from London who I donate to all the time and she only takes expired ones for her classes....so when anyone saw this person doing the seminar, did anyone check to see if she was doing the same thing and using expired tear pads?

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

They were current coupons

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Just wanted to let everyone know, I do know the name of the person that was seen at the momenprenuers show. She has always charged a fee. That is why when I do host the coupon swaps etc I ask for donations for the blessing center has I do have a big heart and hate to see that there is more then 100 ppl in there right now . Or the 100 ppl come in and there is no bread for them to take home . They know that it has been there and for the past 2 months they have not have been able too. Just something to ponder about next time I host a coupon swap ladies. Thanks AG

addismom
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Yep this is the person I was referring to, and yes those are new current tear pads and a fee is always charged. I think charging to teach and help people save and stretch their dollar farther is just screwed up. I have been in Brantford for a few years now and never have I seen the amount of poverty as here, so why would anyone charge here where people are hurting so badly. Again just my thoughts, and as it was said earlier that it was all just basically gossip I was referring to, it wasnt and the person who told me about these "coupon classes" and "walmart schemes" knows exactly what they are talking about. I do trust it will be stopped..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information