• 1 Post By floweredangel
  • 2 Post By JadeDragon
  • 1 Post By macw1960
  • 1 Post By floweredangel
  • 1 Post By hollyquaiscer
  • 2 Post By floweredangel
  • 2 Post By bmpsmommy
  • 1 Post By bmpsmommy

Thread: Scanning Code of Practice and Coupons, FPC's.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    82 (100%)

Is there anything in the Scanning Code of Practice that says you cannot get SCOP if you have already used coupons on that item to reduce the price or make it free?

I used a FPC Clairol Perfect 10, but the item scanned at the wrong price. The Shelf Price was 12.99 and scanned at $15.49. First they claimed it wasn't a "Shelf Price" because the "Price" part of it was ripped off and all that was left was the bar code tag with 12.99 per unit. 12.99 per unit looked like a price to me.

I explained that it was the displayed shelf price. Only ONE product (not mine) had a price tag at the higher price. I explained this to them and it was displayed to me as a customer at $12.99. So then the assistant manager said fine. Then another rep mentioned my FPC. But does using a coupon on an item release them from their obligation to the SCOP they signed up for? In the end I walked away with my free box of hair dye, but I want to know if they should have refunded me the $10 or if I should have been charged $2.99 for it and then got my FPC back to use on another item?

If anyone could please let me know, that would be great. I phoned the ph# from this link, but I was wondering if anyone had already asked the same question and had gotten an answer as this has me very confused

http://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/e...eng/01262.html
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by floweredangel; Sat, May 19th, 2012 at 02:41 PM.
    jasperandchar likes this.
    Visit my Facebook page for updates on Swagbucks, PrizeZombie, GiftHulk and more: http://www.facebook.com/<wbr>MoneyMakersandSavers
    Join me at ClixSense and earn Paypal cash: http://www.clixsense.com/?4773591

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

I would have taken my FPC back and said thanks for the SCOP.
    Check out my InnovativePassiveIncome.com blog and learn about making money online. or see this collection of 4 best coupon organizing system videos.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by JadeDragon View Post
    I would have taken my FPC back and said thanks for the SCOP.
    Ditto but I also never give my coupons to the cashier until after the item is rung in.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    82 (100%)

I was at self checkout and people were waiting so I figured I'd go to customer service and I would just get $10 back instead. Obviously I guess I was confused with how it should work.

I won't make that mistake again. I'll just ask for my coupon back and I'd pay the difference and use my coupon on another item. We'll have to see what kind of a response I get back from the company.
    Visit my Facebook page for updates on Swagbucks, PrizeZombie, GiftHulk and more: http://www.facebook.com/<wbr>MoneyMakersandSavers

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by floweredangel View Post
    I was at self checkout and people were waiting so I figured I'd go to customer service and I would just get $10 back instead. Obviously I guess I was confused with how it should work.

I won't make that mistake again. I'll just ask for my coupon back and I'd pay the difference and use my coupon on another item. We'll have to see what kind of a response I get back from the company.
    I'm just curious, what company are you talking about? I hope it's not the manufacturer of the hair dye. If it is, I have to say I would be extremely disappointed as the manufacturer has nothing to do with your SCOP issue or you getting or not getting your fpc back. That issue is strictly between you and the store.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    82 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    I'm just curious, what company are you talking about? I hope it's not the manufacturer of the hair dye. If it is, I have to say I would be extremely disappointed as the manufacturer has nothing to do with your SCOP issue or you getting or not getting your fpc back. That issue is strictly between you and the store.
    I emailed SuperStore head office and inquired what should have been done in that situation. I don't know that I said anything that would make anyone think otherwise.
    Last edited by floweredangel; Mon, May 21st, 2012 at 09:49 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    82 (100%)

Heard back from Loblaws

This is their response to my inquiry:
    Dear Miss. Spence,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us. We apologize for the delay in our response.

At Loblaw Companies, it is our hope that customers have a positive shopping experience every time they visit us. I’m so sorry to hear of your recent experience at our Regent Avenue Superstore. We strive to offer our customers a simple and convenient shopping experience each time they visit us. One of the ways we do this is by making every effort to accurately reflect pricing in signage and at checkout. There are times however when mistakes are made and when this happens we do adhere to the Scanning Code of Practice.

The Scanning Code of Practice states if an item under $10.00 scans higher than the price indicated on the label or sign, we offer the first item free. If the item is over $10.00 we offer the first item at $10.00 off the posted price. This applies to the first item only; all other items will be charged the price noted on the shelf tag. Please note that the UPC code of the “shelf tag” must match that of the product. This does not apply to individually ticketed items such as Joe Fresh clothing or items with PLU codes that require the cashier to manually enter the item into the register as this policy does not cover human errors.

Miss. Spence, we work hard to provide our colleagues with the appropriate training and support to ensure they deliver the type of experience customers expect from us. Needless to say, it was disappointing to hear about your experience. As our customer standards are much higher than what you describe in your email I can assure you that I will be sharing your experience with the store manager so that he may take any appropriate actions to prevent situations like this from happening as you should have receive the $10.00 off with the scanning code of practice and retain your coupon.

I would be more than happy to send you a $10.00 gift cards as a gesture of appreciation for bringing this matter to our attention. Kindly confirm your mailing address and I will follow up accordingly.

Kindest Regards
    Shernett Simpson
    Sr. Bilingual Customer Relations Representative
    Loblaw Companies Limited
    phoebew and bmpsmommy like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I can't say that I'm surprised that it was the Regent store. I go to that one frequently because it is the closest, however, it seems to be hit and miss with the cashiers. Some will take a coupon, some won't. Some will study it, some won't.

It's nice to know that they will refund you the $10 , but a bit disappointing since you have already used your coupon.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    82 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bmpsmommy View Post
    I can't say that I'm surprised that it was the Regent store. I go to that one frequently because it is the closest, however, it seems to be hit and miss with the cashiers. Some will take a coupon, some won't. Some will study it, some won't.

It's nice to know that they will refund you the $10 , but a bit disappointing since you have already used your coupon.
    In the end I still get my SCOP and I got a free hair dye so it all worked out! The Regent one is closest to me too, but they're really bad for mispricing things. Like I mentioned in my email we're charged the wrong price every 2 or 3 shops, which over 6 years could have added up to a lot of money.

I still haven't tried it out yet, because I think I want to go for a hair cut first.
    Last edited by floweredangel; Sun, May 27th, 2012 at 02:53 PM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I have started to venture to the one on Gateway. It's a bit farther for me but I have found their selection and the amount of certain items seems to be better. They don't seem to be too bad with coupons (knock on wood) I haven't had any problems there.
    floweredangel likes this.

Thread Information