User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sunshyne1

Thread: Pets Unlimited Canada Reviews (in-store)

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Pets Unlimited Canada

Tell us about your good or bad shopping experience at Pets Unlimited Canada stores.
    Have any compliments or complaints? any advice?

You can also use this thread to discuss hot items that could be found at Pets Unlimited Canada and items that should be avoided.

Click here to write a Pets Unlimited Canada review

------------------------------------------------------------

Pets Unlimited have 14 locations across Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland.

Pets Unlimited Canada Flyer:
    http://www.pets-unlimited.ca/_curren...ppy_8page.html

Pets Unlimited Canada Store Locations:
    http://www.pets-unlimited.ca/PU_locations.html
    This thread is currently associated with: Indigo Chapters Coles Bookstore

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Please feel free to post your experience at your local pets unlimited stores. Don't forget to pm boo your link to your review to qualify for a kickback.

Friday night about 7pm, I went to the pets unlimited in Cole hrb (ns). It is a very small location. I find it hard to maneuver between the aisles. I would prefer the burnside location. But it is in a sweet location. Zellers, pharmasave, superstore, the vet, dollar store, and the local bar are all in the same mall. Can't beat that.

Anyway, as i said, store is very small. But well stocked for the most popular items. As i was looking for my pro-plan cat food (i had 2 free save.ca coupons), I was immediately JUMPED by a salesperson. don't u hate when that happens??? I think there should be a 15 minute rule, or if you see the customer looking around like they're looking for a salesperson, not staring at a rack of dogfood deciding which one they want.

Anyway, that threw me off. So I told her what i was looking for. unforunately they only carry one flavor. took it anyway, it's free right? she grabbed it, hung on to it and just stood there. so hubby speaks up, i'll take those, we have a few other things to get. she reluctantly left.

are they on commission ya think????

that was creepy. so i went searching for the merrick dog food (i have a bogo coupon--you can get it off of here..do a search). they have canned merrick dog food but no dry. so finally i had to ask the salesperson..talk about karma..couldn't find one! eventually one came out of the woodwork. she said they didn't carry it, but the store in burnside did. (points for her for not just saying NO we don't carry it, always offer the customer an alternative..my faith is renewed).

got to cash, passed her coupons, told her tax was included. no hassel. but she din't seem happy. i still think they're on commission and my coupon blew it away!

have to add: store is bright, pretty well stocked, staff is friendly (a big anxious tho), and it's clean. 8 out of 10 for this store. it's a good quick stop for your necessities.
    Last edited by NSangel; Sun, Oct 12th, 2008 at 08:21 PM.

will you be my friend? please? http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=298463

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Went to Pet Unlimited in Moncton to use my Pro Plan coupon for dog food. I picked up the wrong kind, not reading it good enough. The manager said that's okay ring it through for her. I was happy!!!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

This was supposed to go in Canadian Tire...oops.
    Last edited by ymac_4u; Wed, Oct 22nd, 2008 at 09:29 AM. Reason: wrong forum

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had to order in a large bag of cat food from them because they do not carry the large bags. They never called and it was a couple of weeks later and I did see them write in the book my name and number and what I wanted. It never got ordered! I asked if they could order it in next time and they told me its still on the order sheet someone just forgot to order it. It has been 3 months and still they don't have it.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

i find pets unlimited very over priced. My parents own a pet store in liverpool, ns. I know some of the costs. My parents carry the same products and charge much much less.
    when i go to pets unlimited i always manage to over hear a worker telling a customer wrong information. for example: Oh yes you can definately put that tetra fish in with a convict cichlid. number one a tetra is a very small fish and a convict is a large fish. hmmmmm..... think the little fishy might get eatten?? I do.
    I always embarass my boyfriend because i tend to cut in on the conversation and tell them that no you cant put a tetra and a convict together. anyway my point is alot of the staff have little to no knowledge about the dept's they are working in.
    another thing i see alot of is staff sitting on the counters laughing and joking and not paying any attention to the customers. Bridgewater, NS is a bad location for that.
    anyway enough of my ranting, i could go on for days..

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I find that whenever Canadian Tire has something on sale, it is REALLY on SALE. We are putting up new tiles in my kitchen soon. I happened to check the Canadian Tire flyer, and they had a wet tile saw on for $49.00. It was regular $149.00. I saved $100.00 I was originally going to rent one from Home Depot when it came time for it, but I definitely would have spent more than $49 just on the rental. Now I have one, and can tile my floor to next year!

About a month and a half ago, they had a Shwinn jogging stroller on sale in their flyer too. It was regular $249.00. They were selling it for $99.00. I had bought one about a month prior from Walmart but it was just a no name type thing and I paid $119.00 for it. So I returned that one to Walmart (it actually had speed wabble too, so their was a real reason for the return too.) and went to Canadian Tire to get the Schwinn.

When I got there, it was $199.00 because I guess the sale wasn't starting until the next day. The flyer didn't actually show the start date, it just showed the end date. I asked if I could still get it for the $99 that day as that I was already there. So they gave it to me.

I have many good experiences there.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Canadian Tire, Pembroke, Ontario

I hate this CT store, I will actually avoid it at all times if possible. Everything, I have purchased here has been a disaster.

Example 1,

My mom was up doing yard work and I need a wheel barrow. The only store in town that had wheel barrows (mid Nov) was CT. They were on sale for 20% off. With the wheel barrows they had left - all the boxes were damaged or previously opened. So, at the cash I asked for a discount since the best one had dents in it. She say no b/c it was on sale, so I took for the sale prices. As well, I asked them b/c the box part was previously opened would I have a problem bring it back and they say no as long as I had the receipt. I had to carried out to the vehicle myself b/c there was no staff to help me like usually. So my mom (who is in her 60s) had to help me get it into my car. That was fun. So, I brought it home and opened the box and the instructions and some parts were missing. So, first thing the next day, I brought back and they gave me a hassle and they didn't want me to refund, but exchange it the item. With all the problems I had, I didn't want one from their store, but my money back. Got my money back

Example 2,

They stated that they will price match. Both the walmart and CT are next to each other. The GPS that we wanted went on sale at walmart, but we had $100 g.c for ct. So, we brought in the flyer to CT and show them it. That was not good enough. We had to go to Walmart get a write note from the person in sporting goods stating the amount and the model # and have it signed by the walmart employee. So, we did that and went back to CT, we were paying for it and then we told the CT employee that we should get 10%(I think)more CT b/c of their price match guarantee. Well, they didn't want to honour until I got the manager involve and they we got our extra CT money.

Example 3,
    This is the nightmare of all nightmares. We bought a log splitter (small electric one Yardworks appr $400). I am tiny person and my husband is away a lot and I will have something incase I need splits for the woodstove. Got it home, turn it on and it wouldn't work. So, I brought it back, they wouldn't refund or exchange, it would have to be ship for repairs, even though there is no wear on the machine and I only had it for a half hour. So after talking to the supervisor, I agree to send it away for repairs. B.c of the poor customer service at this store, I had a feeling this would not good right. They told me it would be sent out asap and I would have it back in approx 2 weeks. Being the person, I am I keep track of who I talk to, when, etc. I called everyday to make sure that it got shipped out. It didn't. I got every excuse in the book, "well the person in charge of that dept has been sick for two weeks, etc". After them having it for 3 weeks and not shipping it out and talking to different people and finally get in touch with the owner - I got my money back. B.c of the records that I kept on how poor the customer service was, I got refund the money under customer satisifcation. I am extremely happy that I won in the end.

Number 3 was the last straw. I actually lived in Pembroke and drive to the CT store in Deep River b/c of the better quality of customer service.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I will never EVER shop at Canadian Tire again. They are absolutely horrible. I purchased a bike there on April 8 (before the Easter long weekend). I rode it once around my block and discovered that it shifted very badly. This was not really a huge surprise considering that it's a $100 bike (Supercycle 1800). So today (April 13), I went back to the store with the intention of exchanging the bike for a better one (I was willing to upgrade to a more expensive brand). I was told there are no refunds or exchanges on bikes!!! The cashier and the supervisor were absolutely rude and unsympathetic so I asked to speak to the General Manager. The supervisor called him saying, "the customer wants to go over my head. Can you come deal with her?". Lovely. Anyway, so the manager came out and like the supervisor before him, told me, "you should've ridden the bike around the store if you wanted to get a feel for it." I asked him if he thought it was reasonable to ride a bike up and down store aisles and if he thought that would really give me a good idea of what a bike was like. He just shrugged and started to walk away. So I said, "this is how you stand behind your products?" To which he responded, "we have warranty service". As if any kind of service will turn a crappy gear system into a good one. So I'm stuck with a $100 piece of junk. I will never shop at Canadian Tire again - I wouldn't care if it were a life or death situation, that store will never receive another dime from me.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

CANADIAN TIRE
    REGENT AVENUE STORE WINNIPEG, MANITOBA

I never wrote an article before but this is a must tell. It was the first time I ever purchased tires at Canadian Tire on Regent Avenue, Winnipeg Manitoba and it will be the last. They put four new tires on my half ton truck the summer of 2011. A couple of days later left on a planned fishing trip to the Northern part of Manitoba. Got a few miles north of St. Martins Junction where little towns are few and far between as this is wilderness country. Travelling north on Hwy. #6, a two lane road I suddenly heard a bang and the driver side rear wheel tire flew off rim and all. Nearly upset my truck as it swerved all over the highway out control. Luck was with me as no one was coming the other way towards us.
    When we finally came to a halt a man going the other way stopped and gave me a ride back to the little of village of St. Martin Junction. There I found someone to tow me to a garage.
    Now here is the good part. When the man arrived with his Tow Truck he looks at the tire and said , “Canada Tire hey?” I replied, “Yes but how did you know?” He said, “This is the second one to-day. “ Unbelievable as to how in the world can two separate vehicles have a tire fly off in a wilderness area up north on the same day? I was then towed back to St. Martens Junction and then the truck was put on a flatbed and towed over 200 miles back home. Good thing we had CAA because Canadian Tire would not compensate for any of the expenses incurred. When I phoned Canada Tire from St. Martins the Manager said well that’s to bad, did you not read the fine print on your bill of sale that you are to bring back the vehicle for a 100 km. check which I was not told at that time. Our tow was not able to be done that same day so we had to spend the night in the back of our truck and the next day it was loaded up on a flatbed and taken home.
    Next day a Auto Pak Agent came and looked at the truck and told me it would be over $4,800.00 to fix which we had done.
    A word of advise is always make sure you read your work order that you sign to authorize any repairs on your vehicle, as you may end up with a lot bigger bill then you expect.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I don’t know if this is too late to write a review but I just had to get this off my chest. I went out to lunch yesterday with my son for my birthday there was a CT close by so we went in there to buy a tool we needed to do a repair I don’t really like going to this location (Leslie & Lakeshore) because the customer service is just so bad.

I got what I thought I needed but it turned out to be the wrong one so I decided to return it today in the unopened package with the receipt, since I was going to be at Main & Danforth I thought I would return it to the location at Main & Danforth. I went to customer service to return the item I gave the girl at customer service the receipt, she looked up the item and told me that she would not take the item back since they don’t sell the item at that location, I said ahhh ok but you are suppose to be able to return items to any location and she said well only if we have the item were are not required to take returns back for items we don’t stock. I didn’t believe her there was something about the smirk on her face that just rubbed me the wrong way, I had to get home and get ready for work so I didn’t push the issue. When I got home I decided to check the stock on line to see if they had the item in stock at that location and sure enough they had the item and according to the CT web site the item was in stock, so I called the store and got her on the phone I asked to speak to the manager she said first I need to know what you need to speak to the manager about, I asked her if she remembered someone who was up there to return a item and she refused she said yes when I told her that the CT web site indicates the item is in stock and that head office says that she is required to process returns (I called the head office before I called her), she said well our computer says the item is NA so we don’t have to do a return I asked to speak to her manager and she said sure I’ll let you speak to my manager Loral she put me on hold and never came back to the phone.

So I called back head office and asked for the names of the managers for that location thinking I could get Loral’s full name and call back tomorrow, according to head office there is no manager at that location named Loral both managers names were John no females that they know of, they couldn’t explain why she would provide me with that name they had all sorts of excuses. I’m thinking she was going to get one of her friends on the phone pretending to be the manager so she wouldn’t get in any trouble for my complaint. I just called back the head office to complain and they said they would e-mail the manager. The item is only $22 I could suck up the cost but it’s the principle. The customer service doesn’t seem to think it’s a big deal for me to go to yet another location to return this item when I was already at one of their locations I guess my inconvenience isn’t a big deal. I think in the future I’ll limited my purchases at these locations and at CT all together. I should have known better the CT at Main and Danforth has always been very difficult to deal with when you try to return items.

I wanted to give people a heads up because its possible that if you do try and make a return that the CT can refuse to refund if they don't have the item at their location.
    Last edited by phoebew; Tue, Feb 12th, 2013 at 12:38 PM.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I am confused...is this thread about Canadian Tire or Pets Unlimited????

and i just noticed this thread is about 5 years old...sorry!
    Last edited by Sunshyne1; Tue, Feb 12th, 2013 at 03:46 PM.
    matrix82 likes this.

Thread Information