User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree224Likes

Thread: Opened my "store" stockpile to my friends/family..:)

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Way to go Lizamarie! Everything on ebay, someone got a great deal and is now going to profit from it. Why are we any different? Love it!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Way to GO!! I do the same thing. I have friends and family who go blank when I try to explain couponing to them, so why not get some $$ from them cause they are willing to pay FULL price in the store (which just boggles me when they see what I can get with coupons) and I give them a rock bottom deal. I think of it as I'm helping them and they are helping me and my family. WIN WIN situation.
    lizamarie likes this.
    orange

Trading Score
    282 (100%)

So I think I want to throw in my 2 cents here... I have a decent size stockpile. When my sis and family come over, I always have to show it off to her (what can I say it makes me smile) I have always told her, If there's something you see that you need/want help yourself. From time to time she'll take a little something...last time she said she needed a couple toothbrushes and some chapstick and a few other small items, so she took them. Of course anytime I come across a good deal (or something free) I always grab extra's for her.

Now I would never dream of saying "help yourself...it will only cost you...." That's the way I was raised...I was taught if you have something to give...you give it, If some one is in need...you help, even if it means you have to go without or stretch yourself (money) a little further that month. I believe that if you extend your kindness to others in their time a need, you will receive it back in your time of need....call it karma...what goes around comes around...or whatever you want to call it.

NOW all that being said.

I also know that not EVERYONE was raised like that or shares the same ideals. For example, my DD biological father...grew up in a family that if you wanted something it was up to you to get it...for example, when he was a kid (age 5 and up) if mom went to grocery store and picked up a case of pop, that pop was for her and Dad, not you, if you wanted something "extra" like pop, chips etc. that was on you to pay for it. Mom and Dad supplied the "necessities" and nothing else. My kids have a friend that since the age of 12 has had a paper route and other odd jobs and every week he has to hand over $50 to mom to help with the groceries.
    Now DD's Dad or their friend wouldn't think twice about getting something for free and selling it his brother for profit. To them that's the way of life. It doesn't make them BAD or WRONG it just the way they are.

So regardless of what you or I personally feel EVERYONE is entitled to there own opinion and views in life. If the OP sold her stuff to family and friends....well good for her she put some money in her pocket! If she had them pay taxes well that ok too!

WE LIVE IN A HUGE WORLD AND WE CAN NOT GO AROUND JUMPING ON SOMEONE EVERY TIME THEY DO SOMETHING YOU DON'T AGREE WITH.

We are all entitled to do things our own way...It's one of the many things that make our country great!

Many people on this forum are incredibly judgmental and post inappropriate things....I guess it should probably come down to the age old saying "If you have nothing nice to say, then don't say anything at all"
    Last edited by jemwars; Wed, May 30th, 2012 at 01:53 PM.
    Jezebel and MillieH like this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information