User Tag List

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The Acer Aspire 5315 Laptop,

Acer has now been around for a while, and as most who have laptops know, they provide a dirt cheap alternative to those who want a laptop, but dont want high prices. The Aspire 5315 is no different, and though it is cheap, that does not make it a good deal.

As with any laptop, or any computer for that matter, problems may arise, but with Acer, problems do occur, and often.

You see, when Acer builds computers, to make them more "affordable" they use cheap parts, and flimsy casings, thus allowing them to make a laptop that they can sell for cheap. Some of the many cons are:

- Flimsy frame, and casing. This causes easy damage. One drop COULD easily prevent your computer from working correctly. Most are only made of plastic.

- Cheap parts. The parts used in Acer laptops, are cheap. There is no better way to put it. For example, in my Acer laptop, the touchpad does not work correctly, the keys do not input right, and buttons often stop working. Along with a moniter (Screen) that often stops working, freezes, or decides to put big black lines everywhere, the cheap parts are a recipe for disaster.

-Horrible (And I mean absolutely dreadful, there is no worse) return policy. If you want something that you can take back and get your money back for, do not! I REPEAT: DO NOT get an Acer laptop. Their return policy consists of: send it to us, and we will have a look at it for a few weeks, then send it back to you, and it MAY be fixed. You see with Acer, there IS NO return policy. Just a "Fix It If We Can" Policy.

Despite this however, Acer has made their fair share of money for these reasons:

- Cheap, affordable computers, which especially appeal to students. They are cheap yes, but that doesnt make them good, just remember that.

Thats really all that makes them worth buying, is the price, which often ranges from $300 to about $800 for higher up models, mainly meaning more memory, and oftentimes, a webcam.

Just remember that if you want something reliable, do not go for any Acer laptop, as it will only disappoint.

All together I would give the Acer Aspire 5315, or any Acer laptop for that matter a score of 4/10, due to a flimsy build, bad parts, and an even worse return policy.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

I have the aspire 3000....its garbage. Thank god it was my brothers and he gave it to me (we also have a home computer, laptop is just for convenience).

The battery (on a 3 year old laptop) is completely gone, it needs to be hooked up to the AC adaptor at all times. I've gone through 2 AC adaptor cords because they are so cheap....

I'd never recommend an acer to anyone
    Can't say enough good things about Swagbucks & iRazoo ...Click the link to join too

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Sadly though exotica, that happens with a lot of laptops, I didnt even have my dell for 6 month before I had to get a new battery! It went completely dead.

My husbands company only buys Acer products, and they have 0 problems.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Everyone I know, including myself, that has had an Acer product, has had problems with them. From the screen completely going, to the hard drive not picking up no matter what. That is why I wrote this, and would never ever recommend an acer to anyone.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ex0ticb3lla View Post
    I have the aspire 3000....its garbage. Thank god it was my brothers and he gave it to me (we also have a home computer, laptop is just for convenience).

The battery (on a 3 year old laptop) is completely gone, it needs to be hooked up to the AC adaptor at all times. I've gone through 2 AC adaptor cords because they are so cheap....

I'd never recommend an acer to anyone
    most people i've asked recommended Acer to me, cus it's cheap.!!! after reading your feedback. i'm sure, i won't pick acer.!!!!

i personally dont really like acer products.

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by karyee View Post
    most people i've asked recommended Acer to me, cus it's cheap.!!! after reading your feedback. i'm sure, i won't pick acer.!!!!

i personally dont really like acer products.
    since I posted that, i've gone through ANOTHER AC adaptor LOL Hubby asks what the heck I do with my cord! But all I do is move it from my lap to the couch LOL
    Can't say enough good things about Swagbucks & iRazoo ...Click the link to join too

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ex0ticb3lla View Post
    since I posted that, i've gone through ANOTHER AC adaptor LOL Hubby asks what the heck I do with my cord! But all I do is move it from my lap to the couch LOL
    I think that's a laptop thing in general though, my Dell adapter was doing the same thing. That said, I wouldn't touch an Acer, I don't know anyone who has one that isn't disappointed by it.

Trading Score
    5 (86%)

I have an acer laptop, 3680 to be precise, and I hate it. The first time i got it, my laptop didn't detect that I needed to upgrade the software for my wireless, so the connection SUCKED for the first little while till I sent it off. The next beef I have with acer is the damn battery! I use my lap top to take notes during lectures, and they're generally 2 hours long. This laptop is only able to get me through an hour of it, despite the battery thing claims that it has 1 hr and 45 mins of power.

I don't know if it's normal with all laptops but after un plugging the ac adapter, 3% is automatically gone. Other than that stuff, it covers all my basic needs. I am NEVER getting another acer laptop, i might as well save up for a Sony Waivo laptop.

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by rachel1496 View Post
    I think that's a laptop thing in general though, my Dell adapter was doing the same thing. That said, I wouldn't touch an Acer, I don't know anyone who has one that isn't disappointed by it.
    I literally threw it off the balcony. A 5 month old cord, completely snapped in half on the inside!! WTF ... hubby had to take an older cord I had and solder it all back together and tape it back again, he said if the place burned down in the middle of the night, he'd know why

Thread Information