User Tag List

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

The medicine shoppe is a pharmacy that is owned by Rexall. They are franchaised. The 2 locations in the HRM that are accepting the $5 off coupons are 601 Sackville drive and 117 Kearney Lake Road.

I visited the Sackville location about 5:30pm today.

They are a very small store but with big savings on right now. In the last 2 weekly newspapers, they had $5 off coupons in the top right hand corner. After scavaging 2 of these coupons, I decided to grab the hubby and go in and see what I could get with them. These coupons expire OCT 31. And if anyone has read the thread regarding the REXALL coupons. Rexall had the same deal going and after numerous ppl comming in with multiple coupons, they posted a correction, that stated $25 or $30 had to be spent in order to use the coupon.

Their coupon had said "over the counter products" which I had taken to mean, the stuff that's sold behind the counter w/o a prescription. But the cashier said no, it was good for anything. And she even pointed out their sale on their brand of facial tissue (aka kleenx). It was on sale for .39! She said she would allow us 4 each. I asked her if my son could grab 4 as well, she said, SURE GO AHEAD! she said she has another case in the back, just din't want to run out too quickly. understandable!

So I grabbed a bottle of tums 4.49 and a bottle of their generic coated aspirin 4.99, and used the 2 coupons. She was friendly and very helpful. She said they are trying to compete with "the big guys", to which she is referring to our brand new SDM down the road (funny thing is her shop is in SDM's old spot i believe). and lawtons across the road, and superstore a couple blocks away.

I was very doubtful how they would accomplish this. It is a very small store. You enter there is free coffee on the left. (darn i forgot to grab one, and she had offerred). then you have a wall of products, and the pharmacy counter. THAT'S IT. they have room to put a display in the center.

This is the perfect place for older *ahem* people that like to just go in, chat, get your prescription and leave without the hassle of wading through isles of crazy stuff.

A true "mom and pop" type of store. I hope it does really well. The girls are so friendly. So I mentioned I would bring in my prescription to them. I don't care what it costs. My insurance pays it, I may as well give them some business back.

So the lady tells us about their loyalty program. If you sign up, you get a card, that gives you 10% off over the counter products. If you get prescriptions done there, you get 15% off instead.

But that's not the best part. When you bring the form back, she'll give you $10 of their store bucks. She said it's like canadian tire money. Can be used on anything in the store. OH NIIIICE!!! and she gave one to me and my husband!!! That's $10 I saved walking in, plus the cheap kleenx for my mom, and leaving with a future $20??

So I hope no one abuses their $5 off coupon otherwise we'll miss out on the loyalty program and the $10 worth of storebucks.

I tell my hubby, I don't need to work. I just need to stay home and find the deals .
    Last edited by NSangel; Tue, Oct 14th, 2008 at 09:32 PM.

will you be my friend? please? http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=298463

Thread Information