User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Plus Size Clothing

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

YES! I do know of one.. 599fashion.com sells plus size clothing and everything is $5.99 or less.. for real.

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

OK... so now that I’ve got the link issue cleared up... (Thanks for the PM Jezebel!)

Finding discount plus size clothing isn’t easy, but there are certainly options for finding good quality, flattering clothes on sale. Below are some links that I like. As far as I know (or the last time I shopped or browsed there) they all ship to Canada.

Ships from the US:

Alight
    alight.com
    Several brands, including prom and formal wear
    Size: 12 to 34
    Starting price range: $30 (tops) to $100+ (formal dresses)

Big on Batik

bigonbatik.com
    Size: to 10x (their own size charts)
    Starting price range: $35 tops to $80 dresses
    Frequent sales, but some of the more popular choices sell out quickly

Binina and Lu
    bandlu.com
    Private Label
    Size: to 5x
    Starting price range: $30 tops to $50 dresses

Chic Star
    chicstar.com
    Mad Men inspired, rockabilly retro dresses, corset tops, bustle skirts and more
    Size: regular and plus size, to size 28
    Starting price range: $40 tops to $60 dresses

eShakti
    eshakti.com
    Cotton dresses, tops
    Size: to size 26, custom sizes at no extra charge

Igigi
    igigi.com
    Private Label: Classy career wear, cocktail dresses, day dresses, wedding
    Size: to 30/32 or 5x (runs large)
    Starting price range: $40 tops to $100+ dresses
    Sale and Final Cut clearance categories have great deals. Frequent sales (additional 20% off, 30% off etc. including sale priced merchandise) Amazing quality dresses!

Kiyonna
    kiyonna.com
    Private Label: career wear, cocktail dresses, maxi dresses
    Size: to 30/32 or 5x
    Starting price range: $40 tops to $100 dresses
    Frequent sales (additional 20% off), frequent sale merchandise at low prices

Lane Bryant / Catherines / Fashion Bug
    lanebryant.com
    Not related to the Lane Bryant Catalog brands
    Size: to 26/28 or 4x on LB, 30/32 on Catherines and Fashion Bug, wide width footwear
    Starting price range: $15 tops to $40 dresses
    Outlet section has great closeout deals
    Frequent coupon codes (you can stack one code for each shop, up to four codes in a checkout) for up to 50% off!
    Shipping to Canada includes tax and duties in final price

Love Your Peaches
    loveyourpeaches.com
    Private label, practical, career wear made to order in choice of fabric, size etc.
    Size: to 6x
    Starting price range: $60 tops to $100 dresses
    Huge discounts on ready to wear sale rack – up to 70% off regular prices (limited sizes/options)

Lucie Lu
    lucielu.com
    Private Label
    Size: to 5x

OneStopPlus
    onestopplus.com
    Lane Bryant Catalog, Roaman’s, Woman Within and more
    (also sells Igigi, Avenue, Torrid etc.)
    Size: to size 48/7X or so, wide width footwear
    Starting price range: $15 tops to $30 dresses
    Outlet section has great closeout deals
    Shipping to Canada includes tax and duties in final price

Size Appeal
    sizeappeal.com
    Discount plus/junior plus clothing
    Size: Mostly to 3x, some to 5x
    Starting price range: $25 tops to $30 dresses
    Low sale prices, but selection limited
    Free shipping to Canada over $50

SWAK Designs
    swakdesigns.com
    Size: to 6x on most styles
    Starting price range: $30 tops, $60 dresses
    Regular clearance sales
    Free shipping to Canada over $75

Torrid
    torrid.com
    Trendy (?juniors) clothing
    Size: to 26/28 or 4x (5x in some styles), *Wide Width footwear *Wide Calf boots (to 20 inch calves and up!)
    Starting price range: $25 tops to $50 dresses
    Clearance section has great deals, frequently has a 50% of clearance sale
    Diva style members accumulate points for additional discounts. Monthly Diva Style coupon code (birthday code) for additional $10 off your order... use one per month, BTDM(mm)(yy) – for example: BTDM0612 is for June 2012 and can be used before the end of July.
    Shipping to Canada is pricey. But clearance prices on some stuff (i.e. knee high wide width boots for $20!) makes it all worthwhile.

We Love Colors
    welovecolors.com
    Colorful, neon, patterned or plain tights, fishnets etc.
    Size: regular and plus size to 4x (runs LARGE)
    Price range: $12 to $16 for plus sizes, depending on style

Ships from overseas:

Lotus Traders
    lotustraders.net
    Boho style rayon clothing made in Bali
    Size: regular and plus to 5x
    Starting price range: $35 tops to $60 dresses
    Most styles are made to order (2-3 week shipping time I believe), generous fit, quality rayon. Shipping is pricey ($26 for the first item) but combined orders are worthwhile. They offer discount codes, and sales through their eBay store (lotusinthemoonlight)

Holy Clothing
    holyclothing.com
    Embroidered rayon boho style clothing made in India
    Size: regular and plus to 5x
    Starting price range: $25 tops to $40 dresses
    Sizes tend to run a bit small (garment measurements are nearly accurate), and personal experience has been that the fabrics shrink in size (and length) on first washing, even in cold water. EXCEPT for the butterfly tops (Arianna and Celeste I think) that didn’t shrink at all. Advice: order a size larger for your first time and see if it shrinks on you (you can have it taken in if need be.)

Located in Canada:

Addition Elle / Penningtons
    1-plus.com
    Size: AE to size 4x, Penningtons to size 5x
    Price range: all over the map. Frequent sales online and in store.

The following Canadian stores generally sell the private label US brands, like Kiyonna, Igigi, Chic Star, SWAK etc. The bonus is that you don’t have to pay shipping from the US. The drawbacks are that they don’t always stock all sizes/styles in physical stores, and the markup on the full retail is usually a lot more than you can get the clothes for straight from the designer. For example, a dress for $179 at Igigi is $229 at a Canadian store. Shipping from Igigi is $40, but if you’re ordering more from them the shipping stays the same. And you can use the coupon codes and shop sales at Igigi...

Regardless, they’re handy to try clothes on at and get an idea for the brands you like. And sometimes they have stock on a style that’s sold out at the manufacturer site:

sexyplusclothing.com – Toronto, downtown
    gussiedup.ca – Toronto (central west)
    maximumwoman.com – Toronto (west end)
    satinwoods.ca – St. Thomas, Ontario

This list is not exhaustive by any means. But it should give you an idea what’s available to Canadians in terms of plus-size fashion across the spectrum.

Happy shopping!
    Last edited by uniquelyme; Wed, Jun 13th, 2012 at 02:59 PM.
    Jezebel and nancyliu0522 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

How do you find the fit of the clothing from the US stores? I know that when I buy an 18 from AE or Penningtons, the fit is generally nice, but if I was to get an 18 from Mark's Work Wearhouse or Walmart (I hate their plus clothes), the fit is usually very tight and I have to pass on most items....

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i think both the Kohl's and Old Navy are good choices, the formmer one is free standard shipping with $75 purchase, and the latter one would be free shipping over $50.
    Besides, if you would like to purchase formal evening dress and many others online, I will commend you http://www.dressdo.com , free custom made and free shipping. No worry about your figure.
    Will be happy purchase! Trust me!

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_forget View Post
    How do you find the fit of the clothing from the US stores? I know that when I buy an 18 from AE or Penningtons, the fit is generally nice, but if I was to get an 18 from Mark's Work Wearhouse or Walmart (I hate their plus clothes), the fit is usually very tight and I have to pass on most items....
    Depending on the brand, I think the fit is pretty comparable. I always check the size charts to make sure, but stores like Lane Bryant and Avenue tend to fit on par with Addition Elle / Penningtons. The One Stop Plus brands I find fit a bit larger (than even their size chart states). Torrid is a bit smaller, but their size charts are pretty true to their actual size. Kiyonna runs very true to size, but Igigi is a tad larger. I had the benefit years ago of shopping cross border while I was visiting family, so I got to know what brands and styles from those stores worked best for me. Especially in the jeans/intimates department.

I will say that I prefer the quality of most Lane Bryant items far far more than I do the quality of AE or Penningtons.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information