User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Alize Restaurant

2459 Yonge St., Toronto
    416-487-2771

Billed as a Franco-Italian eatery, Alize is a casual bistro nestled comfortably within a pleasing stretch of European restaurants in midtown Toronto. Their décor is warm, their menu is concise, their service is pleasant, and their food is affordable and fresh! Magnifique.

For the sea monsters, er, seafood lovers out there, the mussels in fennel and spicy tomato saffron broth for $11.95 are quite tasty. My favourite, however, plate is a dish of hand-made ravioli with sautéed wild mushrooms, truffle oil and herbs for $19.95. It must be said, homemade pasta really tastes so better than what you can imagine. I must admit, though, I have ordered the dish three times and I liked it best on the very first occasion. Now typically, when I eat out I’m a red meat carnivore out for blood or rather, medium rare steak, but this vegetarian dish tasted so absolutely divine (my wife concurred!), that I will probably try ordering it at least once again.

Another dish my wife greatly enjoyed was their baby spinach salad with figs, walnuts, balsamic vinaigrette and gorgonzola for $8.95. But Bruschetta for $6.95 and French onion soup for $5.95 also looked quite tempting.

Pastas run from $12.95 to $14.95 and include ingredients such as hot Italian sausage and garlic, cream and vodka, mascarpone and spinach, and seafood (Fruiti de Mare). French mains also include the famous chicken with red wine 'n brandy dish, Coq Au Vin for $12.95, Beef Bourguignon (another happily drunk or red wine ‘stewed’ dish, gotta love the French!) at $13.50, and Lamb Shank Provençale, braised and stewed in Provençale sauce for $17.95.

The offer a variety of wines by the glass, hailing from Italy, France, New Zealand, Australia and California, priced between $7 to $10.

Their homemade desserts list for just $7.95, and we tried and enjoyed both Crème Caramel, a summer offering, and Crème Brulee, a sinful winter treat. Given a choice, my preference is always Crème Brulee. For what’s not to love about caramelized sugar atop a pillow of sweet heavenly cream? Why, you would have to be locked away in a padded room to ignore such a brilliant culinary invention!

It should also be said that Alize also prepares a variety of home made delights, such as fresh baked-to-order blueberry and white chocolate strudel, white and dark chocolate mousse and cheesecake. A good plan is to head there for lunch with someone special, and enjoy a warm, cozy French eatery on the cheap!

http://www.alizerestaurant.com
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Along with the review, I thought I would also include a link to two online coupons they offer:

2 for 1 lunch or dinner pasta

15% off catering for 5 or more people (48 hours notice)

http://www.alizerestaurant.com/html/coupons.htm

Thread Information