User Tag List

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

My son (theweave) banks at Royal Bank. He got a recorded call this morning saying that he had used his debit card at a location where it may have been compromised. He double checked by calling the 800 number and they confirmed it and said he had to go to any branch to get a new card and pin. He went to the bank and the lady told him that whoever had the information had not only his bank card number but his pin as well.

Has anyone else in Brantford received this call? If so, PM me! He wants to try and narrow down places he has been to lately to try and find out where it was so he doesn't use his card there again.

This is the first time this has happened to either of us. He is puzzled because we go to popular places where it is the last thing you would expect and he looks at every pin pad he goes to. Crooks always have the upper hand don't they???
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Missing my Best Friend since 1971. RIP Lynda (1947-2012)

Have Questions About Internet Marketing? ASK ME!

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

This happened to my DH at the gas station at St.Paul and Dundas.

addismom
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

My boyfriend recieved a call last week about this, we were told it was in Brantford but so far thats all we know..

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Addy,

Where has your bf used his card in Brantford? Who told him it was in Brantford?
    Missing my Best Friend since 1971. RIP Lynda (1947-2012)

Have Questions About Internet Marketing? ASK ME!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If you guys figure this out let me know via a PM please. I have not received a phone call or anything about my card, but it would be nice to know where not to shop.

addismom
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

The bank told him it was compromised out of town, and being he doesn't live in Brantford and we haven't been away in while he feel's it must of been in Brantford. He has used it many places here gas stations,restaurants,grocery and retail stores so we have no idea.
    I had this happen with my credit card before and the odd thing about it was it was one account and two cards with different numbers on it. At the time one was mine and one my husbands, my card was used first and the bank only cancelled mine thinking my husbands would be ok, well shortly after his was used as well. We had 12000 billed on our account between our two accounts. All the purchases were online. THat was odd since neither of us used our card often and the odds of it being the same place was slim.
    Its bizarre, I hope you are able to figure it out..

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Are you sure it's not a scam to TRY to get your pin or something? Scary!
    Join me, and other women like YOU! BELIEVE & TRANSFORM is a community of positive, uplifting women who support and encourage each other with ZERO judgement!

We are women supporting women; moms helping moms. We are YOU. Join us today

addismom
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

No not a scam, he had a message from the bank and he called them back and spoke to them. Definately no way anyone will get the pin, and being it was the bank directly we phoned it was legit.. Now if everyone else could be, but that is doubtful..

Thread Information