User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ok so I've been having the WORST luck with coupons lately. I've been always pretty firm about showing them "any size" and "Taxes included in the face" when they give me hassle. So I went to zellers today buying those 4ct Tampons with my buy one for 1$ off coupon and buy two, $2.50 off coupon. They wouldn't accept them cause they "don't go towards trial items". So i showed them it would include taxes and also it doesn't specify what size. Still they didn't allow after they went to their supervisor.

In a case like that, what would you say to make them take it!? Cause I am really not stealing but they are acting like I am! GRRR
    This thread is currently associated with: Zellers

Trading Score
    115 (100%)

I would ask to speak to the store manager in person and if I was refused by him/her I would contact the head office. I would ask the manager for their full name and store number and let them know I would be contacting their head office about this situation. If the coupon wasn't meant for trial sizes it would state 'trial sizes excluded' on the coupon. It makes me so mad when cashier make up their own rules about coupons. Oh and I wouldn't purchase the product without a coupon I would leave it on the counter for them to put back.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hahah that is exactly what i did at Zellers. I wouldn't buy it without a coupon so I just left it for them.

There was one time at walmart they wouldnt accept the coupon so i asked for the manager on duty then they paged them and then the lady said "well you're not getting it so you can go now" before he even came! Basically kicked me out!! So i did contact head office that time and got a $20 GC.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

that's very rude cashier you got at walmart,
    you are not come in to the store to stole them, you are buying their stuff....
    if i was you i would said: you so f...g rude, i would contact your head office and would love to see if they like to have a cashier like you

Breanna
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i really hate it when the movie theaters have certain movies where they won't accept the buy one get one free passes! it makes me feel rejected

Trading Score
    187 (98%)

oh I would have been so mad too! I had a bad experience today and they can put it back on the shelves themselves. I am not part of the staff/shelf stocking team!!! I also called customer service as I know I wasnt in the wrong and dont like being made to look like an idiot! Take the coupons back for sure. Like Jess above said... if it wasnt meant for trial sizes it would have stated that on the coupon.,,, but it says ANY ANY ANY!!!

http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=150767
    *** PLEASE click my referral link ***

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    92 (100%)

always happens to me too.
    When i was little, I always got so frustrated at "the crazy lady in line up ahead who takes a long time, needs to talk to the manager, and sometimes wont end up buying anything" .. now i've become one of them..

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I ask to speak to a manager and if they still won't take it I just say that's fine, I'll just take it over to *insert competitor's name here*. Sometimes they decide to take it after that, sometimes they don't. If they don't, well they just lost a sale.

Trading Score
    187 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by rachel1496 View Post
    I ask to speak to a manager and if they still won't take it I just say that's fine, I'll just take it over to *insert competitor's name here*. Sometimes they decide to take it after that, sometimes they don't. If they don't, well they just lost a sale.

Sounds like some plays I make... lol play by play!... i love the "insert company name here"... I always make sure I say I that!

http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=150767
    *** PLEASE click my referral link ***

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nv_jenn View Post
    Sounds like some plays I make... lol play by play!... i love the "insert company name here"... I always make sure I say I that!
    "Insert competitor's name" is a must. It works especially well on managers because they are usually the first to take the hit when sales are down.

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

I remember not too long ago when the manager of one of my walmarts used to have to come out to evvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvery single purchase I was making (with coupons of course) because her cashiers were all over the place.

LMAO one supervisor at walmart tried to tell me I couldn't use a $10 off ANY pampers product (diapers were on for $9.97) because it wasn't exactly $10, sooo I told her to adjust the coupon (I had to pay taxes) and she still said no. So I asked for Holly (the manager of the store) and she went to talk to her and she came back and she looked me square in the eyes and said "she said i can't adjust the coupon" so I asked to speak to her face to face, and holly comes out and goes "omg its you" LOL She looks at me and goes "what's up??" So i asked her why I couldn't use the coupon ADJUSTED and she goes "i told them to adjust the coupon ...what the heck??" LMAO So sometimes the supervisors are being complete B1tches (pardon my language) and even after they talk to the manager still don't wanna admit they're wrong......so always ask to speak to the MANAGER of the STORE face to face ...not to the cashiers SUPERVISOR
    Can't say enough good things about Swagbucks & iRazoo ...Click the link to join too

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I wont put up with much, if its an absolute clear situation they are clearly wrong on, I'll leave everything Im trying to buy. With one of the SDMs that regected the gillette one rudely I scanned in a receipt from walmart where it was used and emailed it to the store, pointing out walmart was happy to have my business they didn't want.

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ex0ticb3lla View Post
    I remember not too long ago when the manager of one of my walmarts used to have to come out to evvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvery single purchase I was making (with coupons of course) because her cashiers were all over the place.

LMAO one supervisor at walmart tried to tell me I couldn't use a $10 off ANY pampers product (diapers were on for $9.97) because it wasn't exactly $10, sooo I told her to adjust the coupon (I had to pay taxes) and she still said no. So I asked for Holly (the manager of the store) and she went to talk to her and she came back and she looked me square in the eyes and said "she said i can't adjust the coupon" so I asked to speak to her face to face, and holly comes out and goes "omg its you" LOL She looks at me and goes "what's up??" So i asked her why I couldn't use the coupon ADJUSTED and she goes "i told them to adjust the coupon ...what the heck??" LMAO So sometimes the supervisors are being complete B1tches (pardon my language) and even after they talk to the manager still don't wanna admit they're wrong......so always ask to speak to the MANAGER of the STORE face to face ...not to the cashiers SUPERVISOR
    I love that the Walmart manager knows you. That's awesome. But I agree, talk to the manager yourself. At least then you know that they are getting all the information not just what the cashier wants them to know.

Trading Score
    131 (100%)

OMG, I know what you mean!!! I went to Walmart today to use 6 of the tylenol coupons and the cashier went to the supervisor. The supervisor told her to let me use one coupon because its one per transaction. I told her, i dont mind. She can put them through in 6 different transactions. The cashier went again to the supervisor and i told her i want to use them in 6 diff. transactions. She called another manager on the phone but I am pretty sure that the manager told her to let me use them because the supervisor kept saying "But No, they have the same barcode and blah de blah blah blah" BUT I stood my ground and I told her that I dont mind the cashier putting them through in different transactions and She let me do it!!

Sometimes, it seems like the moneys is coming out of the cashiers pockets, the way that they panic. GOsh!

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by rachel1496 View Post
    I love that the Walmart manager knows you. That's awesome. But I agree, talk to the manager yourself. At least then you know that they are getting all the information not just what the cashier wants them to know.
    No you have to feel bad for her HAHAH because i think somewhere inside she cringes a lil when she sees me standing there LMAO

I remember one time I was there, she went into a till and just handed me money (the cashier wouldn't give me the tax on any of my FPC's)...so i said forget it i'll go talk to holly about it, she came out while we were at an empty till...she looked at my receipt ($9 and change in tax) and she gave me $10 from the empty till HAHAHA She did the same for Wakeforsoul too...I think she just wanted us to leave LMAO
    Can't say enough good things about Swagbucks & iRazoo ...Click the link to join too

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information