Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By starobrey

Thread: country grocer victoria,bc (esquimalt) Terrible shopping experience

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

My complaint letter;

Hi there,
    I shop at the Esquimalt location on a weekly basis.
    I am writing to share my recent shopping trip at country grocer. I arrived at the country grocer in ESQUIMALT at 1.00pm Sept 13 2012. I picked up a basket went into the freezer isle
    picked up 6 Minute Maid juices that are currently on sale, the sign says 6 limit. So I made my way to the register, the cashier was nice and polite. She rang through my 6 frozen can juices, the total was 3.00$. I gave her 3 coupons (save 1$ when you buy 2 minute maid juices). The transaction when great, I walked out of the store put my bag of purchases in my stroller.
    I went back in to the freezer isle, as I aproched to open the freezer door I over heard and saw the cashier named walk away from her till over to 2 other cahsiers and tell them about ME and she looked right at me. I seen the entire thing!!
    So I did not think much of it, I continued to grab my 6 juices. Went to a DIFFERENT cashier then the first, the cashier rang through my 6 juices, the total was the same as the first transaction. I gave my 3 coupons without a problem. I walked out of the store put my purchases in my stroller.
    I went back in again, went to the freezer isle, grab my 6 juices. I then walked to a DIFFERENT cashier, as he was ringing through my purchases a cahsier named TRACY (older, shorter) came to the register I was at. INTERUPTED my transaction and told the cashier (she is only allowed six) with an attitude towards me.. I gave the cashier my coupons, he completed my transaction. I walked out put my purchases in my stroller.
    I returned into the store as soon as I stepped foot into the store again, TRACY the cashier I metioned before was standing right at the entrance, waiting for me to come back in.
    She said to another cashier ( I am going to talk to BRAD).
    Before she could make it to the manager Brad, I ran into him.
    I asked Brad to speek with him, tracy turned around an went back to her cash register.
    I explained the situation to Brad, and expressed my feelings on the situation. I let him know the details of my transactions, that I was not exceeding the posted limit of 6. I was purchasing 6 per transaction. I told him that the post card above the products do not specify (per customer, per transaction, per visit, or day). I let him know that I feel like I have a target on my back every time I step foot into this country grocer, because the front end staff are aware that I use coupons on every purchase, I am a regulaer customer and conponer.
    I do not want to feel like I am less of importance, because I am a customer that uses many coupons, then a customer that doesnt use coupons.
    The cashiers at the store, are very disrecpectful and give plety of attitude were none is needed. If there is a disagreement with a customer, or they are unaware of the policies, cahsier should page the manager and let the manager clarify the details with the customers. That is good customer service, doing it this way does not taint and ruin a companies name and moto.
    (WE MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE FAMILY).
    Thank you in advance for taking time to read my feedback,

This thread is currently associated with: Country Grocer, Target

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Let us know the out come. Maybe we should not shop there if you don't get a good response back.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

16 hours ago
    Country Grocer

• Hi Star. Thank you your message and we apologize for the recent experience you had with us. We did receive the message in our HR, Admin and Marketing offices and the message has been sent to Brad the store manager. We know he'll contact you so you can chat about your recent experience at our Esquimalt store. Again our apologies and we truly appreciate you shopping with us.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

That is the reply I received from Country Grocer.
    couponer2 likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    87 (100%)

been there about a year ago... now if I need to use coupons on their special I price match elsewhere. I only buy there if its a good deal and I don't have coupons
    over$1200 in redemtion & Gift Card in 2013

Thread Information