User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Does anyone watch television through internet?

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CouponDude View Post
    How about 20 free full HD channels ? Half from Canada half from US.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

As long as your tv has a digital tuner you can get the major networks free through the air by attaching this antenna to your tv and switching from "cable" to "antenna" and doing a channel search.

I get over 20 channels from mississauga.
    We have this as well! Works great for us since 2005.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Those of you that have an OTA setup, did you pay someone to do it for you?

how much did it cost?
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Hooked on coupons
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

My antenna is just sitting on a desk near a window, i have clear view on niagara falls so picking up US channels easily, since my windows face west i do not have direct line to the cn tower but still pick up all the TOronto station, the only one im not getting is CHCH 11 from hamilton.

Another thing that will make a difference in good reception is getting a good signal splitter if you require one. This one from monoprice made a huge difference in comparison to what i picked up at a dollar store here. My signal isnt freezing anymore.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2
    anisa and JadeAngel like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

i'm still tied into rogers. no complaints, i have a good discount so whatever... i'll enjoy it til the contract is up.

after that i believe i will be doing some tinkering
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've been experimenting with OTA the whole time I've live in my sub-basement apt. The best antenea I had was made of coat hanger and it got me about 5 channels...2 french.
    I have Cogeco Internet (not cableTV though) so I decided to try another experiment...put a splitter on the cable that goes to my modem, now the wire goes into my house, to the splitter, one from splitter to my modem, and one to my TV. Have my TV set on Antenea and I've very happy with getting 90% of Cogeco's Basic Cable Channels...the channels are labelled weird on my TV like 102.5 is CBS, 100.4 is OMNI1 etc but it's Free...and what I can't get is Online anyways.
    I think it's basically using Cogeco's Line as a really big Antenea...
    anisa likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We haven't had cable in over a decade. Shows we really enjoy, we buy on DVD, or Bluray. It's tougher to discover new stuff, but there's so little we want to watch on cable as it is, paying for the ripoff Bell / Rogers packages are not viable for us. These days with Netflix, Apple TV, over the air HD, etc, there's no chance we'll ever go back to regular cable.
    anisa likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    155 (100%)

thanks everyone. we have a Sony Bravia internet tv. we cancelled Rogers when our monthly rate doubled (with no change in service). Not impressed about paying about $1500 to watch TV for a year. our disconnection is at the end of the month and the Sony TV looks promising. Anyone have any experience with it?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

yes,I always watch TV on the internet,especially I bought the ipad2,I use it to watch tv online ...really powerful machine and easy to use.
    The Apple iPad3 cover can provide a good protection to the ipad.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The only drawback I've noticed so far is that I don't know what I'm missing out on...if you know what I mean. I don't receive a paper TV schedule and no longer have a guide I can sit on the couch and surf through so I'd have to just know what I want to watch, keep up with recent uploads, or do my own research to find out which shows to watch.[/QUOTE]

I just found this site bbm.ca. There is a list of the top 30 tv shows weekly. Might help.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

tvpc.com click "live" many countries usually all major networks; but again no guide

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Go over-the-air!

We recently bought our first house and it has one of those huge metal antennas attached to the roof. I was SO excited because we wanted to get OTA and it was already there!

We screwed the cable into the back of our TV and voila! 40 channels, US and Canada - AND we don't have that rotor control, we'd probably get more if we did.

An OTA guy came to our place and looked at the tower and our cables are fried pretty badly - we're getting new cables (RCA & rotor), a new rotor and control for $150 and should get slightly better quality and definitely more channels to.

No internet either - I don't want to pay for it!We both have iPhones on a 6gb data plan so if we miss a show, we catch it on the CTV/City TV/Global app. If we need the internet on the computer, tethering is easy. We haven't exceeded our data allowance yet
    anisa likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There is also Google TV, although the next upgrades I hear will make it a lot better.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yeeeeeeeep, I usually watch television through internet... Ipad is terrific...Mine is Toshiba laptop, always have to download the live players, and a little slow~~~~~~~```` okay, not a little, oops..
    anisa likes this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

There are a lot of sites out there where you can watch many different sports from countries all over the world for free. Illegal, yes, but the variety is incredible, picture quality is very good, too. The only downside is they aren't stored so you have to watch in real time. The upside is, you realize how much better commentary from other countries is because their analysts don't feel the need to talk all over the event. I mostly watch tennis and they actually allow you to see and hear the play and comment after the point is on, instead of like the American channels do with 3 people in the booth all talking over each other, more often than not about something other than the match! Also, with the conversations being in another language it just becomes background noise. All you need to see is the score and you're set.
    r0c0upons likes this.

My Tangerine Key is:39626323S1

Andrés Zeña
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Here are some quicklinks for shows and such,
    www.watchseries.eu
    www.free-tv-video-online.me
    www.tubeplus.me

they have most of the shows that you would watch on tv right after they aired.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information