User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

does anyone know who or how one would go about being "adopted" at Christmas? I recently lost my job and am in a terrible position this year. I am normally empoyed full time, and I am a bit horrified that I am even looking into this, but idont want to disappoint my child. any info and ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

There are all kinds of great organizations out there - St. Vincent-de-Paul, etc. - that do Christmas baskets and so forth. I'm in Toronto, so I'm not sure about your local papers, but the Toronto Star always has a toy drive for local kids. Check with the local provincial one to see how to sign up.

Sorry to hear you're in a bind. But I'm glad you're thinking ahead and being proactive - there will be registration required, and so forth, I'm sure, so sooner is better than later.

Good luck! Check out the "frugal living" wiki on here in the Forums section, there are some great ideas in there that may be of help to you.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Check with the Christmas Bureau or the Salvation Army. The SA will be able to direct you to the appropriate resources if they are not running a program of their own. You will need to act quickly though because many of the programs have registration deadlines. Hope things change for tge better soon.
    Last edited by DianneS; Tue, Nov 13th, 2012 at 08:08 PM.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Thread Information