User Tag List

Thread: The Bay

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well I went to the Bay on Monday and they had body washes on clearance for 1.99 (Dove and Olay). I had coupons so couldn't wait to use them.

Well the cashier wouldn't take my coupons. First his excuse was that they were on sale...when I countered that and said they couldn't do that. He called a manager and they said no he couldn't take them. However, the other cashier was telling him to take them and he wouldn't. And when I asked her to ring me through then..she said she couldn't go behind his back and do it....argg..I was getting so frustrated.

So then I asked him to have the manager come speak with me and the manager wouldn't come. So needless to say I didn't take them all. I did take some b/c they were still cheap. But I asked for a number for head office and he wouldn't give me one....I said "never mind..I will look it up online and email about this situation".

So after that rant...lol..I am just wondering if anyone else ever used coupons at the Bay or had issues.

I am emailing head office today.
    This thread is currently associated with: Olay, The Bay

Jenny~Bear
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

wow that is brutal.... I would have expected something like that at Zellers but not at The Bay... Keep us posted on how it goes...

Trading Score
    56 (98%)

Please do keep us posted, I never knew that the Bay didn't take coupons. Never tried using coupons there before because their stuff is usually so overpriced anyways...

Coupon and Freebie Junkie courtreporter's Avatar
    Trading Score
    70 (97%)

Which Bay was this?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

it was a couple years back when I went there to redeem a coupon for a free bottle of Herbal Essences Shampoo. the cashier looked at the coupon and took it with no questions. a couple months later I went in to redeem another similar coupon, but the cashier (a different one) wouldn't take it. she said that the coupon reads "TO THE DEALER:" and that the Bay is clearly not a dealer, therefore NO. i didn't really understand her reasoning, but i didn't want to argue, so i went to SDM and redeemed my coupon there.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The Bay was in Dartmouth NS.

The reason they finally gave me..forgot to post this..lol...was that on the coupon...it says "reimbursement will be made only to retail distirbutors who redeemed coupon". He said this meant they didn't have to take it b/c they weren't a retail distributor.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

[quote=MOMTODYLAN;546873]The Bay was in Dartmouth NS.

quote]

Please let us know how they respond to your email - if favourable I will go to MMM and check and see if any left with my coupons (if I have left - lol).

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I will update once I get an answer back.
    I would assume there wouldn't be any left..they were flying off the shelf.

kib
    Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

A couple weeks ago I tried using a $1 coupon for Toblerone at the Bay. Their cash register computer system isn't set up to take coupons, is what the cashier told me. She took it anyway, and just subtracted a dollar. But there was no button to punch or code to enter to tell the computer the dollar off was for a coupon.

Thread Information