User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sperm donor kit

Prue
    Expired
    http://www.spermcube.org/index.htm

Too funny (perhaps disturbing is a better term) - they are 'collecting 1 cubic meter of sperm preserved frozen in a transparent cube. A collective artwork, international, open to all, universal' - all I can possibly say is why???

*borrowed
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

In the Guggenheim in NY there is a instillation made of dead flies..

I'd be cautious of this men.... sending your sperm off to random people... Spermies make babies.... sure you don't want your contribution to art to turn into paternity support payments!

Who is going to make an ovum cube?!?!

This cube would be more impressive if it was one man's contribution to the art world haha!! Imagine staying up to complete that project!!! hahaha

buddhasmurf
    LOL
    I just requester a kit.
    I'll let you know if it shows up.

BOBBY

Rah_N_Vern
    OMG!! I can't stop laughing!! I sent for a donor kit for my husband.. ain't he gonna be surprised?? LOL, hope he knows he isn't going to be sending it back!!! They say they are going to sell the cube!! TO WHOM? Eck!

Prue
    Quote Originally Posted by Rah_N_Vern View Post
    OMG!! I can't stop laughing!! I sent for a donor kit for my husband.. ain't he gonna be surprised?? LOL, hope he knows he isn't going to be sending it back!!! They say they are going to sell the cube!! TO WHOM? Eck!
    What you would not want that piece of art in your living room?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I thought I've seen everything LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Im intrigued but grossed out at the same time. I dont think I will be ordering this cube, maybe when it arrives someone can take a picture? (pre-sperm injection)

buddhasmurf
    Has anyone recieved this one yet?

Bobby

Prue
    hahaha I forgot all about this one! I didn't sign up for it but yeah it would be interesting to know if it arrived for anyone

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Ok, just to be gross, I will ask the questions some of us (ok, all of us) are thinking.

* Couldn't this be construed as discriminatory towards women?

* How do they expect people to fill the tube? The drawing makes it look easy, but some guys can't even aim for the toilet bowl, let alone a tiny test tube. So do they go in a container/sock/whatever and then put it into the tube using....?

* What about the smell during transport? The "little guys" will obviously die before they ever make to France. Who gets to be the lucky mailman that delivers THAT "package"? I'm suprised the post office in France hasn't stepped in and vetoed the initiative - biological waste, and all.

* If you go through the photo gallery, you may notice some of the test tubes are VERY empty. Why bother mailing that in?

* Who the heck would want to buy a metric tonne (1000 liters) of dead, frozen sperm?

* Would you really want your claim to fame to be a contributor or shareholder (with your name posted!) of this work of art, preserved for posterity?

There is a HUGE manifest describing the reason for being of the Cube - scroll down for the English version. To save you from going cross-eyed, I roughly paraphrased a few excerpts from the French version. It is compared to a monument, an opposite to a sperm bank in that it does not preserve individuality. It can be seen as an expression of universal libido in motion (ie. by jiggling the cube ), polymorphic sexuality denude of its organs, a suspended saturation of pure connectivity. A monument to exhibit, instead of procreating, opposes here the calculated uniformity of daily life and the biometrics of normality.

Or, I would say it as an exercise in (mental) masturbation.

I stopped reading when I got to the poetry section "Ode to a Sperm Collector"

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Yup, I gotta say, this one is pretty sick....LoL. Hopefully the jar-empty-outter will receive extensive STD testing....LoL

What will they think of next??!!

Lurking SCer
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Thanks, but I don't know how I feel about sending my sperm half way across the world.

Prue
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinklicious View Post
    Thanks, but I don't know how I feel about sending my sperm half way across the world.
    Pink I don't think you have sperm!

Isn't the concept messed up though - yuck!!!

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I almost threw up when I looked at the pictures and saw the first liter. Bleh!
    Remember that even though pets are here for such a short time they teach us things we would never be able to learn in many lifetimes on our own.

Lurking SCer
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Prue7979 View Post
    Pink I don't think you have sperm!
    Well maybe perhaps I'm a guy... *shifty*

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information