User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree134Likes

Thread: How can I earn some extra money?

CaNewbie-Eager To Learn!
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was wondering if anyone had some tips on how to earn some extra cash? And how exactly you went about doing it. Maybe you started a dog walking business or something?
    I have my mornings free generally and wouldn't mind hearing advice on ways to go about making extra cash!

Thanks
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

I clean homes,it's not easy work but i have a few steady customers and can usually work around babysitting my grandkids
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I write and translate on request. It doesn't pay much, but it helps fund my paypal account, which funds my awesome T-shirt collection.
    ~*~I take proofreading, writing, and lettering commissions~*~
    ~*~Send me a private message for details!~*~

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Why not put a classified ad up to snow blow or shovel a driveway for cash? Especially with all the snow we have this year!!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

part time job

CaNewbie-Eager To Learn!
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Lol, Alberta does NOT have a lot of snow, which is where I am! However I was thinking dog walking? Since the weather is so nice out.
    Part time job is my problem, I am sick of a part time job! I just finished having a full time job and two part time jobs, which meant I never had a day off. That is mentally taxing for me. I had to give up one of the part time jobs to gain my sanity back.

Trading Score
    93 (100%)

I pay a dog walker, he's a college kid that lives nearby. I'm not sure if he has a lot of other people who use him, but he is really great with my dog. Have you checked kijiji? There are usually people offering that service on there, might get an idea of the going rates for your area, and if there are a lot of people doing it you might want to do something else Keep in mind though, my guy walks my dog no matter the weather, he had him out there in minus 30 weather, in a snowstorm, everything. He will take the dog home since he lives nearby to warm up if needed, but he doesn't miss a day for the weather.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

This is a tough one. I say try to start a home-based business. What are you good at? Do you have any hobbies?

If you provide some interests, maybe we can help wittle it down.

For example, if you say you like to cook, here are some ideas: approach diner type restaurants and offer to bake their desserts. Prepare sauces, condiments, or jams and sell them at a farmer's market.

Not food related, but close to cooking: make beauty products. I can't believe what people pay for brand-name products that are made with cheap ingredients found in your kitchen. Sugar scrub anyone? All it is a sweet almond oil, sugar and a few drops of essential oil. Soaps would need a bit of practice, but with the right ingredients, you can sell a bar of soap for $5 for $1 worth of ingredients.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

What about something like "personal assistant"....

With both my husband and I working FT and sometimes after hours as well, sometimes it would be super nice to have someone run errands for us, a service I would definitly pay for when I was running short on time...

I'm not sure whether you have the resources (like transportation) for something like this, but dropping of/picking up dry cleaning, mailing parcels, light shopping, picking up dog food from the pet store (maybe taking the dog for nail clipping), etc is something that you could do a few mornings a week.

You would have to consider what would be worth your time to do (i.e. cost of gas if you had to drive somewhere), and how you would collect (i.e. getting enough grocery money up front, getting paid for your service)
    ticul, rigatti, oscarandme and 1 others like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Visiting seniors and running errands for them or looking after small children if you have the patience for that kind of thing.
    ticul and oscarandme like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi Brooke,

I currently earn 300-500$ monthly working 3 hrs a day in addition to my full time job and wages. If you (or anyone else for that matter) are interested PM me and we can connect.

Sarah
    ticul and oscarandme like this.
    Sarah T. Bruno
    Mom, Corporate Trainer, Online Entrepreneur and incorrigible smiler
    Learn more about my mission at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sarah...99625710163080

ellis123
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

You could advertise to walk kids to school in the mornings.

Im Frugal & I Know It! mandygeering's Avatar
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I have a post on my blog about making extra money from home! They are all legit and work. I use them all the time! http://funkyfrugalmommy.blogspot.ca/...ey-online.html
    Last edited by mandygeering; Fri, Feb 22nd, 2013 at 10:03 PM.
    Please visit my blog! http://funkyfrugalmommy.com I host giveaways, post recipes, jokes, freebies and more! Hope to see you soon!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

I like this post and maybe one day i will be brave and start a home base little business. (wen i know how to do it.) ty..

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke_ View Post
    I was wondering if anyone had some tips on how to earn some extra cash? And how exactly you went about doing it. Maybe you started a dog walking business or something?
    I have my mornings free generally and wouldn't mind hearing advice on ways to go about making extra cash!

Thanks
    Hi have you joined Swagbucks and or Gift Hulk yet. you can get points for searching and doing surveys and then you change points into cash. Both pay by PayPal too. You can follow the links at the bottom of my posts. Good luck.
    ticul likes this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information